Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

I'm sure you could ask way more for an OG Pro1 in such good condition. I'd be very much tempted, but i've got a spare prawn already. Would be a pity if yours had to spend its remaining life in a

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Logan said:

Good luck.  I understand!  I am still on the fence myself.

Honestly I love it but when verizon shuts down the CDMA network then I'm screwed.  I bought my phone on fx website so I already know I'm not gonna get my money back but I need to be honest about the phones issues for the future buyer.  Seems like reading on here majority is experiencing the same issues as me.  Fx as a company I wish them luck if they ever make another phone.

Edited by Mysti-Que2020

So, with Verizon carrier as your service, you’re not having as good a connection as you did with previous phone? 
I’m really wanting to get this phone but my recently bought replacement phone is not getting good connection. I never had that trouble with older Samsung but the times are changing. Ugh 

11 minutes ago, aMomarch said:

So, with Verizon carrier as your service, you’re not having as good a connection as you did with previous phone? 
I’m really wanting to get this phone but my recently bought replacement phone is not getting good connection. I never had that trouble with older Samsung but the times are changing. Ugh 

Yeah I'm old phone is a Samsung s10e and I'm getting 4g/LTE with no issues.  With the FX I was only getting perfect signal only using CDMA/EVDO auto setting but once I switch it global or CDMA/LTE it would drop about every 15-20 minutes and reconnect in less than a minute.  When I emailed FX about this issue they said they are aware and trying to do a firmware update or try this beta testing firmware which I'm not to comfortable doing.  I was hoping they had an update when they might fix this issue but with FX they never have a straight answer. If verizon wasn't taking away there 3g towers then this phone will be perfect but end of December it be gone and then what, wait for fx to fix it with firmware.   

Edited by Mysti-Que2020
1 hour ago, aMomarch said:

Thanks for replying.  I don’t know as much as I need to about those things. Worried Verizon carrier will crap out on that phone, too.. durn. I need to contact my third party (charity) company to see what they might know. 

Hopefully they can let you know and get you more information about the network or any updates that's part of FX.   I loved typing on it and doing my emails.   It was a great phone on wifi and shoot the battery is awesome.  At the end of the day it got down to 30% and that's with 10 hours of screen usage watching videos and browsing the web.  I was really impressed with it.

14 minutes ago, Logan said:

That sold fast.

I was shocked also 😳.   But I was watching a few that were selling used/new and sold anywhere from $805-$950, heesh.  But hopefully the person who purchased it from me enjoys it and if they feel comfortable doing the beta testing for better service or wait for FX to finally give everyone the update they deserve.

• Like 1

After testing mine with the Verizon SIM card in it mine has sat in it's box...waiting for a 3d printed case from a buddy.  But as time passes I am again tempted to to sell. If Verizon stopped working I would be completely out of luck.  No other cell provider covers my house (we have AT&T, T-Mobile, and a Regional carrier also in my area)...

• Sad 2
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Selling my Pro 1 x sadly [Sold]

Hi everyone

My Fxtec pro1X 8/256 has arrived safe and sound, finally

My old phone died so I had to buy a new one, not counting on when the pro1 should be delivered to me 

But ... the prolonged wait for it has exhausted all the appeal

I turned it on and tested the keyboard a bit but I lost every love for it

So I'd sell mine for €.650 + expedition costs

Please, let me know If everyone here is interested

Edited by EskeRahn
(edited pro1 to pro1X to avoid confusion)
  • Sad 2
  • EskeRahn changed the title to Selling my Pro1X

Alright, my findings: First of all, I decided to use the model from https://community.fxtec.com/profile/8210-ubuntuscofield/ (and only the bottom part, because I intend to use it in a leather book case) instead of the one referenced in this thread. The person printing it for me used the FLEX filament, that was OK (in fact, he printed another using PLA and yet another using PETg as well, but only the FLEX filament ended up in something usable). However, I had to adapt (enlarge) several of the holes a bit - in particular the two speaker holes (both had to be extended a bit towards the middle), the hole for the jack connector (headset) and especially the hole for the microphone (the one used for calling - not sure if there's another microphone next to the camera, or what else the small hole there is). But that was it, it seems to work as expected now. :-)

• Thanks 3
  • Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.