Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

Looking to sell my My F(x)tec Pro1X 8/256. Havent used it yet so its in perfect condition, although i have taken it out of the box to check it out (Everything Works). 

I dont want to sell it but I really need the funds for more important things in life. Im willing to sell cheaper than what i payed for it (as long as its within reason).

If interested personal message me on here or my E-mail is [email protected].

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

I'm sure you could ask way more for an OG Pro1 in such good condition. I'd be very much tempted, but i've got a spare prawn already. Would be a pity if yours had to spend its remaining life in a

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Posted Images

After using it a little bit, then putting it back in the box until I could get a buddy to 3d print me a case for it...well he hasn't had time to print the case and I also worried that someday Verizon would kick the device off (since I was using a donor SIM) and for where I live my house only is served by Verizon, so that was some anxiety.

I asked my dad to list it on eBay for me (after I did a full factory reset and sealed the box before taking it to him to handle selling/shipping) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/155169182551  SOLD

If it sells I'll tuck the money away for when my current phone starts to die on me. If it doesn't sell I suppose I'll wait until LinageOS releases for it and hopefully then be able to motivate that friend to build a 3d case.  No matter what happens I'll be looking for a phone that I know does or will be supported by LinageOS as I have really come to love that over stock Android.

I haven't given up on f(x)tec and plan to lurk around here no matter what...I really hope the company can get through everything with the Pro1-X shipments and then start working on a new generation.  I feel bad and sad about selling it, but the reality of life sometimes gets in the way of dreams (I have dreamed of a great keyboard phone since my Motorola Droid 3 got too slow to use).

Edited by Logan
update ebay status
5 minutes ago, CitricBase said:

You keep posting these "selling it" threads. Are you expecting a positive response, or what? 

Wouldn't be surprised if the mods lose patience, this is practically the opposite of constructive discussion. 

Well though I'm personally happy with my Pro1 (still waiting for the Pro1X), but that does not mean that everybody has to feel the same. So I don't see anything wrong in someone trying to find a new owner for it, that hopefully like it better.

Though I had considered moving them into one thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ah, so people put money forth without knowing what the end product they were receiving would be?  I am new and was not thinking along those lines, that they'd sent money perhaps many months ago, and now do not want the phone after all, without having even opened the box.  That's the part that had me quizzical.

8 hours ago, aMomarch said:

Ah, so people put money forth without knowing what the end product they were receiving would be?  I am new and was not thinking along those lines, that they'd sent money perhaps many months ago, and now do not want the phone after all, without having even opened the box.  That's the part that had me quizzical.

Much can change in peoples live in a couple of years. I see nothing wrong here - there could be a large number of different reasons.
Though as being one of the many still waiting, I can envy those that got it, and feel frustrated that it was not those that wants it that got it in the first wave, despite being in the first third of the super early birds.......

• Like 2
On 7/27/2022 at 6:47 AM, DieBruine said:

Pro1 with a new Snakehive handmade leather cover € 675,- including track and trace shipping insured up to € 500,- anywhere in the world.

FxTec have replaced some cables, the keyboard, the screen and the battery as a courtesy. This is an unused phone as you can tell by looking at the pictures and not to mention the boxes. Has never left my house. And is now resting in its original box again.

I'm selling it because In the nine months I had to wait for this phone to be repaired,I bought a Unihertz Jelly 2 and I can't part with the compact size of it. Besides that, I am eagerly awaiting an engraved Pro1x. I was going to treasure this particular Pro1. But now I'm sure that would be a waste.

I have sold and shipped the other three to the USA and Australia. So, where can this one be shipped to 🙂  ?
Just flashed it back to stock this morning and locked the bootloader. I don't mind flashing it with whatever version you would like before shipping it.

20220727_122931s.jpg

20220727_122744s.jpg

20220727_122915s.jpg

20220727_123052s.jpg

20220727_122853s.jpg

20220727_122759s.jpg

20220727_122844s.jpg

20220727_123140s.jpg

Do you still have this available? if so DM me

• Like 1

I will sell my Pro1x, yes, I will absolutely sell it to someone who would really appreciate the device.  Unfortunately this is not the device for me. 

Mine was delivered to my home in Billings, Montana on Monday, August 1, 2022.  I ordered it on the FX Technology Limited website on September 14, 2021. Darn straight it was for the keyboard, which I found very frustrating to both learn and utilize - just too wide.  Moreover, Verizon (20+ year customer) would not recognize the device, so I activated it on T-Mobile, which seemed to be inferior service to Verizon anyway, so see ya later Pro1x.

Anyway, guess what?  I actually sent the darn thing back to supposed two different addresses in the UK for a refund (as per 14 day policy).  This cost me $148USD to only have it come directly back to my home in Montana because some genius named Francisco from the company was pretty much useless to me from the start of an email chain until now.  I don't know what is the matter with people listening and/or paying attention anymore, but that guy has cost me time and money.

Whatever...I just want to get rid of the thing.  It is a beautiful phone - eyegasmic screen graphics and a camera that would rival any.  

My Pro1x has barely been used for maybe a week and/or a couple of hours.  I wonder what kind of offers are sincere and honest because I would ship it out quick. I spent $899USD + $148USD to have it come back to Montana.  I would rather deal with someone who really covets the device, instead of playing cat-and-mouse-tag with FX Tech, who probably wants me to go away.

Regards,

Greg Palmer

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Wyoankh said:

I will sell my Pro1x, yes, I will absolutely sell it to someone who would really appreciate the device.  Unfortunately this is not the device for me. 

Mine was delivered to my home in Billings, Montana on Monday, August 1, 2022.  I ordered it on the FX Technology Limited website on September 14, 2021. Darn straight it was for the keyboard, which I found very frustrating to both learn and utilize - just too wide.  Moreover, Verizon (20+ year customer) would not recognize the device, so I activated it on T-Mobile, which seemed to be inferior service to Verizon anyway, so see ya later Pro1x.

Anyway, guess what?  I actually sent the darn thing back to supposed two different addresses in the UK for a refund (as per 14 day policy).  This cost me $148USD to only have it come directly back to my home in Montana because some genius named Francisco from the company was pretty much useless to me from the start of an email chain until now.  I don't know what is the matter with people listening and/or paying attention anymore, but that guy has cost me time and money.

Whatever...I just want to get rid of the thing.  It is a beautiful phone - eyegasmic screen graphics and a camera that would rival any.  

My Pro1x has barely been used for maybe a week and/or a couple of hours.  I wonder what kind of offers are sincere and honest because I would ship it out quick. I spent $899USD + $148USD to have it come back to Montana.  I would rather deal with someone who really covets the device, instead of playing cat-and-mouse-tag with FX Tech, who probably wants me to go away.

Regards,

Greg Palmer

You can get the Pro1 and Pro1X on Verizon to work perfectly. All you need to do is activate a different phone on Verizon's network, then swap the sim into the Pro1X, as the phone doesn't exist under Verizon's "Approved Devices List" which is why it wont let you activate it outright. Once you have swapped the sim Make a call using *#*#4636#*#* (Note sometimes this command can be a bit slow to respond, especially on a fresh boot). Once in that menu though Select Phone1 Information. "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only. Scroll down a little bit and turn on "Mobile Radio Power", "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", "Wifi Calling Provisioned" to on. Once all that is done restart the phone and you should be all set, at this point try making a phone call and it should work.

Hope this helps,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, toast said:

Very sad to hear that they (fxtec) cant help you to utilize their own 14 day return policy 😞
Also, this is law in many countries (not sure about the US or particular states, though) when ordering outside of physical stores, so one would expect them to live up to it for this reason as well.

But to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying that they (fxtec support, aka Francisco) gave you a faulty return address, and thats why the shipment bounced back? And this happened twice..?

I didn't stutter.  And I don't feel like contacting them or I might blow a fuse.  Just want the device to find a nice home.

12 hours ago, unknown_death said:

You can get the Pro1 and Pro1X on Verizon to work perfectly. All you need to do is activate a different phone on Verizon's network, then swap the sim into the Pro1X, as the phone doesn't exist under Verizon's "Approved Devices List" which is why it wont let you activate it outright. Once you have swapped the sim Make a call using *#*#4636#*#* (Note sometimes this command can be a bit slow to respond, especially on a fresh boot). Once in that menu though Select Phone1 Information. "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only. Scroll down a little bit and turn on "Mobile Radio Power", "VoLTE Provisioned", "Video Calling Provisioned", "Wifi Calling Provisioned" to on. Once all that is done restart the phone and you should be all set, at this point try making a phone call and it should work.

Hope this helps,
Matt

You didn't listen either, which doesn't surprise me in this society anymore.  The keyboard is too wide, regardless.  Just want the device to find a welcoming home and fed plenty of electricity.  My goodness, people...

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Wyoankh said:

You didn't listen either, which doesn't surprise me in this society anymore.  The keyboard is too wide, regardless.  Just want the device to find a welcoming home and fed plenty of electricity.  My goodness, people...

Sad story indeed....

I know the feeling of getting into the 'red field', and not wanting to waste any more time/or money to get things right, from dealing with other companies.

I'm awaiting a Pro1X, so not in the market for buying one. But hope yours will find a new owner soon.

• Like 1
On 9/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, unknown_death said:

Hope this helps,
Matt

Hey Matt

ive tried what you have recommender but the below are all greyed out and not switchable.

• VoLTE
  • Video Calling
  • WiFi Calling
  • EAB

how can we switch the radio buttons on?

""Cheers

G

2 hours ago, velocity08 said:

Hey Matt

ive tried what you have recommender but the below are all greyed out and not switchable.

• VoLTE
  • Video Calling
  • WiFi Calling
  • EAB

how can we switch the radio buttons on?

""Cheers

G

Have a look here:

Most likely it is a carrier-limitation, not white-listing the Pro1 / Pro1X

• Like 1
  • Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.