Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

I'm sure you could ask way more for an OG Pro1 in such good condition. I'd be very much tempted, but i've got a spare prawn already. Would be a pity if yours had to spend its remaining life in a

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

For some additional detail on the above:

I was having a screen issue and I sent my phone in for repair back in April 2021.  I received "my phone" back late last month, but it has a different IMEI and the few cosmetic scratches I had on my phone are gone.  If I had to guess, I'd say they just gave me a brand new phone instead, but it didn't come in a retail box so I can't say that for certain.  So I'll go with "factory refurbished."

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Spider-Dan said:

For some additional detail on the above:

I was having a screen issue and I sent my phone in for repair back in April 2021.  I received "my phone" back late last month, but it has a different IMEI and the few cosmetic scratches I had on my phone are gone.  If I had to guess, I'd say they just gave me a brand new phone instead, but it didn't come in a retail box so I can't say that for certain.  So I'll go with "factory refurbished."

At least now I know who has my phone. This phone was used for one week, indoors, by my daughter. She then decided it was time to abandon the physical keyboard. A year later I tried to boot it, it wouldn't. FxTec replaced the screen and battery.  Same mark, look at the picture. Pretty annoying you have my phone. But, I wish you and/ or the new owner the best of luck with it. I'm not going through the shipping idiocracy again...

DSC01517.JPG

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I'm saying that I received two different phones. And that the phone that is now in your possession, is actually mine! I would have to look at the box or dig up the original image. But if you look at the upper right corner at the back, you will see a scuffmark. It is identical to the one on the phone you now have in your possession. Also the two dots on the back and I think a third next to the sticker. I had it stored in a PU case, that's how those dots came to be (size of a grain of sand).

Anyway, it should help you get it sold. I was told they replaced some cables, the screen, and the battery out of service/ courtesy. And I'm telling anyone interested, this is the most unused Pro1 you will likely find. This is the one (out of four) I was planning to keep. But because my phone died I had to start it up. And I am still waiting for my Pro1x.

Good luck selling it 😉

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Pro1 with Snakehive handmade leather cover € 675,- including track and trace shipping insured up to € 500,- anywhere in the world.

Now that is a tempting offer.... Had it been qwertZ it would be been hard to resist it... My keyboard is beginning to act up giving double strokes on several. But after almost three years daily usage that is acceptable, and a Pro1X hopefully should be delivered soon here too...

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Now that is a tempting offer.... Had it been qwertZ it would be been hard to resist it... My keyboard is beginning to act up giving double strokes on several. But after almost three years daily usage that is acceptable, and a Pro1X hopefully should be delivered soon here too...

So I should have kept the previous one they sent me 🤣.

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm debating if I would be better off selling my Pro1-X new in box or open box.

Thinking that maybe I should open and make sure it works (as much as I can test) before selling it off.  That way I would know before selling it it had to be sent in for RMA.

Right now it's just sitting on my desk in the carrier box still.  I peaked in the box to make sure I knew what it was then closed it back up.

Thoughts?

No matter what I only plan to sell it for exactly what I have into it (much less than the other one I saw on ebay) as I want someone who will use it to get it and am not looking to make a profit.  So NIB vs. Open Box would be sold at the same price imo.

Thanks in advance.

• Sad 2

Sad that you do not like it.

Well if the box has been opened anyway, I see no potential drop in value by you having tried it out also.

From the experiences with the Pro1 we know that FxTec has the policy that the warranty follows the device, so should it be somehow faulty, the new owner will have the same rights as you have..

But obviously if you have tried it and it works flawlessly, it reduces the risk of a DOA device for the new owner.

• Like 1

If you really aren't interested in the phone, leave it closed box.  As @EskeRahnsaid, FxTec will honor the warranty for the new owner.

If you don't know if you want the device or not, but are worried that open box and tested will lower the value, I wouldn't worry.  Take it out, try it out, see if it might be something you want after all.  I don't think there is any reason to charge less for open box and tested (again, the warranty will still be good for the new owner), and, who knows, maybe you'll change your mind.  😉

Edited by Hook
  • Like 3

@Logan, right, as others say, it is nothing to lose if you try it out.  🙂
It may also worths waiting for a firmware upgrade anyway before a final decision.

One advice based on earlier experiences with Pro1 is to handle the back sticker with care, your hand may easily worn its text - and that is what you don't want if you may want to sell it to somebody.
I have removed my sticker of Pro1 and put it back to its box anyway.

Otherwise it does not matter if you try it out I think.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone! 

I've wanted a new keyboard phone ever since my Droid 3 was retired, and I expect LinageOS/firmware will fix many of the issues talked about on here.

Really it's the lack of a solid hard/rubber case to protect the phone that keeps me from being able to find any use for it (even an official CAD file to get one 3d printed by a friend).  The environments I work in pretty much demand that kind of protection.  I crack a screen protector 2-3 times a year and my phone and between work and children the phone does find it's way to the ground at least once a year.

After seeing all the quick replies I decided I would open it up and just check it out (after finding a thingiverse possible case solution).  Everything works perfectly (well I haven't tried to charge it yet, or traveled  away from my home):  wifi seems as good or better than my 2XL, Verizon works when swapping SIM from my old 2XL (calls in/out, text in/out), speakers sound good, screen rotates as expected...

Really I am starting to feel good about this device...I still want LinageOS so I don't need to have all the Google default cruft, but still being ASOP basically the phone is quick and smooth.

I installed all my Apps, and for now turned it off and put it away until I solve the cause issue (buddy with 3D printer will look at what I sent him). If that case solution works I may actually keep this phone (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4617029 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4618945)

• Like 6

Hello Logan, do you have any update on this? I see that the linked case design was for Pro1 rather than Pro1x. I wonder if all the controls, sensors, etc. are exactly the same size and location on both models (otherwise some updates would be necessary).

2 hours ago, xhajt03 said:

Hello Logan, do you have any update on this? I see that the linked case design was for Pro1 rather than Pro1x. I wonder if all the controls, sensors, etc. are exactly the same size and location on both models (otherwise some updates would be necessary).

Basically sensors and buttons are at the same positions, only camera has a small difference (camera of Pro1X is out a bit by design).

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, VaZso said:

Basically sensors and buttons are at the same positions, only camera has a small difference (camera of Pro1X is out a bit by design).

From what I could mesure, the camera 'island' is a 0.8mm 'bump'. So would have to be a really tight fit covering the camera, to make any difference

• Thanks 2

The time has come for me to sell and get a more reliable phone.  I do love texting/sending emails but where I live my connection is not great.  Fx support did email me that they are trying to fix the connectivity with a firmware about but how soon will that take.  It's a love/hate relationship with the phone.  If all the bugs are fixed then I'll reconsider purchasing it again but right now back to my old phone 😞

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225142189554?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=6kQlNQXpRxq&sssrc=2051273&ssuid=6kQlNQXpRxq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by EskeRahn
(added to the title that it is sold)
  • Sad 1
  • Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.