• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may even use it like this :).

Having been using nothing but keyboard phones since I've used a smartphone, it won't change my usage at all. My current phone is a Droid 4, before that a Droid 3, before that a Droid 1, before that a

Posted Images

Will initially install

1. Button Mapper as very happy with the use on the Key2 and give a lot of options for programing every key on the device (just hope it works).

2. DosBox Turbo for playing older dos games

3. Termux for all terminal needs + Frotz for z-machine games like Zork and A Mind Forever Voyaging

4 supertype a typying based puzzle game

5. Retro Winter Sports 1986 a remake/reimagining of the old winter Olympic games for PC

But mostly looking forward to the full keyboard and even the Key2, with a lovely keyboard is limiting in its form-factor and basic key-set

Will initially install

1. Button Mapper as very happy with the use on the Key2 and give a lot of options for programing every key on the device (just hope it works).

3. Termux for all terminal needs + Frotz for z-machine games like Zork and A Mind Forever Voyaging

5. Retro Winter Sports 1986 a remake/reimagining of the old winter Olympic games for PC

But mostly looking forward to the full keyboard and even the Key2, with a lovely keyboard is limiting in its form-factor and basic key-set

On 1, tried to install, but not really useful for the keyboard as you can only assign functions to single tap, long tap and double tap, but not combinations with modifier keys, so this is not the tool we need.

On 1, tried to install, but not really useful for the keyboard as you can only assign functions to single tap, long tap and double tap, but not combinations with modifier keys, so this is not the tool we need.

Under more options, does the Simulate Key Codes help at all? You will need adb shell and it resets when rebooted, but i thought that can give more options for combinations (maybe im misremembering)

Under more options, does the Simulate Key Codes help at all? You will need adb shell and it resets when rebooted, but i thought that can give more options for combinations (maybe im misremembering)

Hmm, just uninstalled it. There are some things in it that works in the pro version only. But if it works on a Key½, I think it is very likely it will work here as well.

Will initially install

6. Type Hero lets you define key combinations to auto expand into stings, i use zze for my email, and zzl for my last name as examples

7. Pimlical Advanced Calendar/PIM Old school Calendar/Contact/Memo/Journal software based on Palm classics, far to many options, the way it should be

On 10/21/2019 at 6:49 PM, electristan said:

Will initially install

On 10/23/2019 at 7:05 PM, electristan said:

6. Type Hero lets you define key combinations to auto expand into stings, i use zze for my email, and zzl for my last name as examples

7. Pimlical Advanced Calendar/PIM Old school Calendar/Contact/Memo/Journal software based on Palm classics, far to many options, the way it should be

8. Kiwi Browser Chromium babes browser that lets you install Chrome Extensions. Will be using Vimium for added Vim based browser navigation with the keyboard, among others

Done now, sorry for the ever extending list 🙂

I am no Techie at all, but I never got used to writing on a touch pad...

I am really exited about a full-scale keyboard. I really miss those since i had to replace my HTC desire Z (android 4.2 is outdated...)
 the pro1 is the phone of my dreams and i can't wait to get it!
Beside that, my current Priv is dying fast...

I want to use it for work, like writing mails, writing essays and stuff,
also navigating, a little gaming (maybe even old dos games in combination with an bluetooth mouse 🙂 )  and watching YouTube at night before I go to sleep.

And for Pokemon Go.
My last Priv got so hot while running the App, it literally fried the GPS sensor.. And a smartphone without GPS is not that practical 😉

7 hours ago, Craig said:

I'm curious, why not Magic Dosbox free?  I haven't used either, but wondering why a four year old paid version might be better than currently supported free version?

No real reason other than i paid for this year's ago and am still happy with it 🙂

I'll have a look at Magic Dosbox though, didn't know about it. If there is a free equivalent then go for that for sure

Seems like there is a paid version magic dosbox too I hadn't noticed when I searched earlier, so who knows, other than those who try.   If something has been working great for four years, why mess with it and only find new problems.

• Like 1

The part where they adjust the UI for TV display caught my eye. Wouldn't it be possible to use "adb shell wm size" to adjust the HDMI output resolution then? I was under the impression this wasn't an option, at least not system-wide.

However, how exactly does Android handle such a scenario? That would mean the second output isn't a mirror... does the phone render everything twice in this case?
I'm probably worrying over nothing, but pushing 2160x1080 over HDMI sounded less than ideal, even though supposedly some apps can be set to output differently.

But overall this is probably something to explorer once we have any devices around.

Having been using nothing but keyboard phones since I've used a smartphone, it won't change my usage at all. My current phone is a Droid 4, before that a Droid 3, before that a Droid 1, before that a Treo 700p, before that a Treo 650p, before that a flip phone lol. I basically use the Droid like a pocket laptop. I use K9 mail, Brave browser in Desktop Mode, and VLC player, and little else. I do not have the GApps installed at all, and hope that they can be removed from the Pro1, either with a custom ROM or just root access. I don't use "apps" for much; I use the desktop web sites. Essentially, I use it like a laptop except when making phone calls. I use landscape for everything, nearly 100% of the time, except phone calls. That is very demanding on a 7-year-old phone with 1GB RAM running Android 7.1.2 (LineageOS) and as a result it's a little slow. Essentially this will get me a faster processor, more RAM, and a slightly bigger screen, but it's not going to change my usage at all. This is exactly my goal, and the Pro1 is the only device I could take as an upgrade that accomplishes that. I tried a Priv briefly before I discovered Pro1, but hated doing everything in portrait. The Pro1 is exactly what I needed. Thanks for making it happen guys!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1