Jump to content

Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Posted Images

OKay so I posted this a while ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartoon-Hello-Kitty-Flip-PU-Leather-Wallet-Phone-Case-Cover-For-Samsung-Galaxy/153051236557?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=452880191076&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you look at the last image, it's white. The seller said that they also have a black - not listed.

This is a google drive link that has all the full size pictures as well as a couple videos that show the case being manipulated.

It words. My hunt for a phone case is over until they come out with ones designed specifically for the Pro1
It sticks, it is easily accessible, the phone is protected and safe.
It might not be everything YOU are looking for, but I urge you to check it out if you are looking for good protection for your phone.

 

IMG_20200215_130928.jpg

IMG_20200215_130934.jpg

IMG_20200215_130938.jpg

IMG_20200215_130946.jpg

IMG_20200215_130958.jpg

IMG_20200215_131019.jpg

IMG_20200215_131024.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/14/2020 at 3:42 PM, EskeRahn said:

The Pro1 got two Hall-probes, one for detecting Slider open&close and one that seems designed for detecting a Flip-case!
See this.

I'm not sure how to access the Hall sensors directly but looking at how the magnetic field sensor reacts to opening and closing my Snakehive case it sounds like it should be fairly easy to tell if the case is closed.

Edited by Slion
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jfrelish said:

Since I didn't like the way the case felt and didn't like constantly taking my phone out of the sleeve. I modified both issues

Interesting alternative. I guess it would have been simpler to take a £4 flip case for a Huawei P20 Pro, and just adhered the logo part from the sleeve.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sequestris said:

OKay so I posted this a while ago:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cartoon-Hello-Kitty-Flip-PU-Leather-Wallet-Phone-Case-Cover-For-Samsung-Galaxy/153051236557?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=452880191076&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If you look at the last image, it's white. The seller said that they also have a black - not listed.

This is a google drive link that has all the full size pictures as well as a couple videos that show the case being manipulated.

It words. My hunt for a phone case is over until they come out with ones designed specifically for the Pro1
It sticks, it is easily accessible, the phone is protected and safe.
It might not be everything YOU are looking for, but I urge you to check it out if you are looking for good protection for your phone.

It is definitely the best technical solution not requiring any DIY at all we have seen (yet?)

What for you is a plus, would for some of us be a scare off: The motif. But a more anonymous version might have a broader appeal.

And I bet you can easily adhere in a strategically placed magnet in the card-holder, if we can get them to change the keys it send.

I bought some for for another project here, unless you buy 50, the shipping is higher than the item cost....

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

he point is that that the case needs a strategically placed magnet, matching the position of the sensor.

Sure, I was just trying to figure out a way to implement that without having to wait for OTA update.
I guess I'll just wait until FxTec enables it. Thanks for the video, I just installed a magnet in my case. Have to wait for FxTec now 🙂

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slion said:

Sure, I was just trying to figure out a way to implement that without having to wait for OTA update.
I guess I'll just wait until FxTec enables it. Thanks for the video, I just installed a magnet in my case. Have to wait for FxTec now 🙂

....Or someone making a small android program listening on the keyevents, and catching F3 and F4 and convert them to sleep and wakeup.

Have you tried if something as simple as the .kcm can do it for us as a temporary measure?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Slion said:

Of course, using those 468 and 469 scancode it should do the trick. I'll try it ASAP.

Sadly it does not work. Whatever is sending those is bypassing the Key Mapping framework somehow and thus not taking into account overrides from KCM. I'll give it another try later but it those look like we are out of luck on that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slion said:

Sadly it does not work. Whatever is sending those is bypassing the Key Mapping framework somehow and thus not taking into account overrides from KCM. I'll give it another try later but it those look like we are out of luck on that one.

The numbers you are sending are wrong... wakeup is E0h or 224 decimal, and sleep is DFh or 223 decimal, see the links above.

Sorry you were talking scancodes, but that is not the scancodes for F3/F4 afaik

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Just to be sure, does these work by you (they work here)

adb shell input keyevent 223

and

adb shell input keyevent 224

What are those? Sleep and wake up? Sleep and wake up are working when mapped to other keys. However the kcm file appears to have no effect on the events coming from that Hall sensor.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slion said:

What are those? Sleep and wake up? Sleep and wake up are working when mapped to other keys. However the kcm file appears to have no effect on the events coming from that Hall sensor.

Yes. And ah I see, these events are not going through the .kcm... Damned... Then we will have to wait for F(x)tec to change F3/F4

OR we need a program listening for F3/F4 keyevents, and then 'alter' these (or absorb them and emits the correct ones). Obviously just a temporary hack until the codes are changed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

 

What for you is a plus, would for some of us be a scare off: The motive. But a more anonymous version might have a broader appeal.

 

What is my motive? I would have bought this without the design.
And if you read what I wrote, it comes in black or white as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sequestris said:

What is my motive? I would have bought this without the design.
And if you read what I wrote, it comes in black or white as well.

No no, spelling error meant motif, sorry

Tried to contact the seller on other colours - no reply.

image.png.fe4318588658bcff426f747dcdf41a9a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms