Protective Case Suggestions and Ideas

This One Works Perfect:  https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/153298929217 

Wallet closes perfectly (No Mods required). A little thinker than some other cases.

Phone is removable while still protected in removable case.

Cutting required to access charge port, finger scanner, top speaker and headphone jack.

No cutting required for power and volume. The raised buttons on case are slightly mis-aligned but work perfectly.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First testprint made last night. I've split the bottom up in 2 parts to figure out how well the fit is. there is some slight (2mm) missalignment of the buttons and usb-c header and the camera placemen

I made a leather pouch for the Pro1. I used cow leather, thickness about 2 mm. All the parts are glued with super glue gel adhesive which remains flexible. I made some holes to see the led and to get

Just finished a quick sketch of the bottom part of the protective cover:   Will run a test print tonight to get first dimensions with hard plastic to see how the shell fits, then adjust

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ahunter said:

That looks awesome. I like that detachable feature too. What about rear camera and mic access?

Moreover since this is detachable I wonder if you could use the P20 Pro variant of the inner case together with the P30 Pro variant of the outer case to get larger camera cutout.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Slion said:

That looks awesome. I like that detachable feature too. What about rear camera and mic access?

Moreover since this is detachable I wonder if you could use the P20 Pro variant of the inner case together with the P30 Pro variant of the outer case to get larger camera cutout.

Camera lines up perfect. Does need small hole for the rear mic. But you can take the phone out of the flipcase with the magnetised back.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ahunter said:

Camera lines up perfect. Does need small hole for the rear mic. But you can take the phone out of the flipcase with the magnetised back.

How is the quality of the leather? Could you provide pictures?

How long did it take to deliver? What's the brand? Could it be sourced from somewhere else?

Edited by Slion
2 hours ago, Slion said:

How is the quality of the leather? Could you provide pictures?

How long did it take to deliver? What's the brand? Could it be sourced from somewhere else?

Sorry it is in Tasmania where  Ilive and I am locked down at work in Western Australia, It is reasonable quality, probably not real leather but pretty good for the price.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, ahunter said:

A little thinker than some other cases.

Depending which letter I change, that can mean thinner or thicker.   It's like trying to perfect the ideal combination of T and F on a true/false test when you're not sure.

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 2

yes P20 Pro is what I ordered

1 hour ago, lameboyadvance said:

...Which variant did you purchase? They have a list for a whole bunch of them. Was it the P20 Pro like everyone else has been buying?

...And the auction has ended anyway...

6 hours ago, Craig said:

Depending which letter I change, that can mean thinner or thicker.   It's like trying to perfect the ideal combination of T and F on a true/false test when you're not sure.

lmao Thicker. Could be made thinner by cutting card holder out but folds around phone without modification.

I got another variant from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163816498496?var=463367316516 that is not quite as good as
these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254181243108?var=553543447253 mentioned above

The first is a bit thin/flapsy (and have a minor fabrication flaw on both I bought), the second is stiffer, and with partly matted edges.

• Like 1

Yeah, I understand I could puncture two holes. But it looks to me that pre-fabricated ones are a bit tougher and less prone to tear.
I'm actually happy with the one I have now. But it is very bulky and thick. I would like a thin/slim case, because, well, the phone is a ridiculously slippery. That's one of two reasons I prefer a bumper case. My current case comes with pre-fabricated holes in the left lower corner. I always use an carrying cord. It helps me not damage the phone and provides a great tool to get the phone out of pockets easy.

I think I will order a few of these cases. Still waiting for the other Pro1's...

Has anyone ordered the Hiveskin flipcase? I'm curious about the fit. Pretty sure my daughter would like that one.

1 hour ago, DieBruine said:

Has anyone ordered the Hiveskin flipcase? I'm curious about the fit. Pretty sure my daughter would like that one.

Yes, there are photos earlier in the thread, just search the brandname 🙂

And opviously you are right, prefabricated holes are better, but i have not have any of the many different types of cases i attempted to modify tearing, so I guess the risk is more in theory than a practical problem, none of the cases have been extremely thin though.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:21 AM, ahunter said:

Wallet closes perfectly (No Mods required). A little thinker than some other cases.

Phone is removable while still protected in removable case.

Cutting required to access charge port, finger scanner, top speaker and headphone jack.

No cutting required for power and volume. The raised buttons on case are slightly mis-aligned but work perfectly.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The ebay version is no longer available, but I noticed this is also available on the wish app (and perhaps therfore also on Ali Express, but can't check that yet). 

Pictures are very similar to these and colorscheme is the same. Going to order one to see how the quality turns out, but if someone else want to check it out, it's described on Wish as follows (see attached picture) 

(just noticed part of the description is missing, but it's also available for the huawei p20 pro) 

Screenshot_20200413-164838.png

Edited by illie-vanilli
Incomplete screenshot
  • Like 2

Still loving this thing. I don't think I shared the images of it in actual use.
Best thing ever.
Having the slide-up for the camera is great and it doesn't interfere with the image quality or flash at all.
Perfect for videos too.
And damn that thing is sticky.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

My latest creation:

224962855_IMG_20200511_1935472.thumb.jpg.afbfda844ddc66113be2e0de586e2837.jpg

414355354_IMG_20200511_0937163.thumb.jpg.7cb04edb2873038ac4d521a2d883d68e.jpg

Based on Snakehive for P30 Pro from which I removed the layer with card slots to replace it with a thin layer of leather from a Wiiuka case for P30 Pro too. Hand stitched them together. Replaced the cheap Snakehive TPU case with this one

It's a case made of 4 different cases, I call it the Frankenstein case.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
On 4/14/2020 at 1:33 AM, illie-vanilli said:

Well I finally received one of these cases. The phone cover magnet does seem stronger than I was expecting, however I still doubt it will survive a decent drop.

That combined with the barely holding magnetic latch means I expect the case will just fly apart as soon as it hits the ground. The latch may hold better if I remove the card holder from this case like I did my previous one, but at this point I'm holding out for a 3D printed bumper case anyway.

Edited by lameboyadvance
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, lameboyadvance said:

Well I finally received one of these cases.,,,,,,

How thick is the whole thing closed?

The simple flip cases (with removed credit card holder) I'm currently using is 21mm thick (157mm long and 81 mm wide at the clasp, 79mm elsewhere)

• phoebus2000 changed the title to Will Pro1 3D printer files for a case work with Pro1X?