56 minutes ago, netman said:

I like to slow down how fast it opens by maintaining control of the back side of the screen. I only have one hand while filming but still easy enough :).

please ignore the pimples btw, newly and badly applied screen protector xD

sorry OT. which screen protector is that looks like perfect fit

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, I hope you're well, I'm the founder of MediaDevil. I noticed we were getting some traffic from this forum so I followed the trail and voila. We're based in London (South Wimbled

Just for information, I was in email contact with the guys at MediaDevil.com.  They said they were interested in developing cases and screen protectors for the Pro1. In our last email they said;

i have purchased pre-curved PET screen protector 🙂 It is for elephone from ali

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

sorry OT. which screen protector is that looks like perfect fit

It is this one https://www.protectionfilms24.com/article/2x-brotect-flex-full-cover-screen-protector-fxtec-pro-1-5136682.html

But I am not happy with it for various reasons (hard to apply and way too thin & gummy feeling), I'm going to go back to what I previously used: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851281064.html
Only problem I had with that one was that it likes to not stick perfectly on the curved edges (bubbles kept coming back there), could by because how I applied it.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, netman said:

It is this one https://www.protectionfilms24.com/article/2x-brotect-flex-full-cover-screen-protector-fxtec-pro-1-5136682.html

But I am not happy with it for various reasons (hard to apply and way too thin & gummy feeling), I'm going to go back to what I previously used: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851281064.html
Only problem I had with that one was that it likes to not stick perfectly on the curved edges (bubbles kept coming back there), could by because how I applied it.

ta looks like one I saw on amazon for the second.  (@EskeRahn  shift these posts to other thread 🙂 )

19 minutes ago, netman said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32851281064.html

It does that for me too.  It doesn't fit the shape of the phone perfectly there, I believe.  I'm hoping that calms down after some time.  Of course, being on the edge isn't as bad as being in the middle, since the edge distorts the display anyway and reflections on the edge also kind of mix with the bubbles.

46 minutes ago, david said:

It does that for me too.  It doesn't fit the shape of the phone perfectly there, I believe.  I'm hoping that calms down after some time.  Of course, being on the edge isn't as bad as being in the middle, since the edge distorts the display anyway and reflections on the edge also kind of mix with the bubbles.

Applied a new one just now and it seems slightly better, i rubbed it on with a card from the inside towards the curve. Very little bubbles and sticks perfecly on most of the curve. [edit: the edge bubbles returned, a bit]

Edited by netman
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 5:04 PM, netman said:

But I am not happy with it for various reasons (hard to apply and way too thin & gummy feeling)

I've got the same Brotect Flex screen protector and am also not very happy with it, mainly the gummy feeling when you swipe your finger on it. I usually like the Brotect Airglass protectors, which have a nice glass feeling, but they don't make that for a curved edge screen.

Are there any glass screen protectors with curved edges for our device?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, John Veness said:

I've got the same Brotect Flex screen protector and am also not very happy with it, mainly the gummy feeling when you swipe your finger on it. I usually like the Brotect Airglass protectors, which have a nice glass feeling, but they don't make that for a curved edge screen.

Are there any glass screen protectors with curved edges for our device?

I was also not very happy with Brotect screen protector on my Pro1. I had no problem with gummy feeling but two of them started to come off by time at one of the corners when I put it into by pocket (or out of it).

Now I have a screen protector applied which I bought at Aliexpress.

However, I think a foil I bought at Protectionfilms24 is better. I cut one and applied it on the back. It is not as gummy as Brotect and maybe it has a bit stronger glue.
My only problem with it is the lack of specific film for the screen of Pro1 - I am planning to cut one but I am afraid the cutout at earpiece will not be the best...

The nearest glass protector I have found is the Huawei P20 Pro. I purchased a kit which included the protector, adhesive, a jig for fitting the protector and a UV light for setting the adhesive and helping the protector to form to the screen shape. Only issue is the Pro1 is too thick to sit in the jig, so as yet it remains unused. I think the problem with the Pro1 is the curved edges.

1 hour ago, MickH said:

The nearest glass protector I have found is the Huawei P20 Pro. I purchased a kit which included the protector, adhesive, a jig for fitting the protector and a UV light for setting the adhesive and helping the protector to form to the screen shape. Only issue is the Pro1 is too thick to sit in the jig, so as yet it remains unused. I think the problem with the Pro1 is the curved edges.

The problem is finding a curved glass protector, it is easy to find a flat one for elephone U on e.g. ebay, e.g. this.

Just for information, I was in email contact with the guys at MediaDevil.com.  They said they were interested in developing cases and screen protectors for the Pro1.

In our last email they said;

"We're hoping to get the Pro1 at some point for testing and screen
protector design but with a few other projects in the air at the moment it's
a little tricky, and odds are good we will be contacting the manufacturer at
some point"

image.png.031a0130c8795c0c1046c9cb6ae95d0f.png

image.png.4d7749cc424a0a34bd9408b3099a4e65.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been researching curved glass screen protectors for other phones (like Samsung Galaxy S9), and although they do exist they have mixed reviews, e.g. they only stick on the edges and so can easily pop off.

EDIT: Also, most of them recommend that the user turns on "touch sensitivity" in the phone advanced settings otherwise it will miss taps... but the Pro1 has no such setting.

Not for the first time I wish our phone had non-curved edges.

Do people here have experience with curved glass screen protectors for other phones they can share?

Edited by John Veness
2 hours ago, John Veness said:

I've been researching curved glass screen protectors for other phones (like Samsung Galaxy S9), and although they do exist they have mixed reviews, e.g. they only stick on the edges and so can easily pop off.

EDIT: Also, most of them recommend that the user turns on "touch sensitivity" in the phone advanced settings otherwise it will miss taps... but the Pro1 has no such setting.

Not for the first time I wish our phone had non-curved edges.

Do people here have experience with curved glass screen protectors for other phones they can share?

For the BB Priv it works really well BUT that is because the Priv got two chrome strips above and below the display, that protect the protectors(!).

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, John Veness said:

How has this protector been over the last month?

not well I didn't apply it quite straight which caused the corners to start peeling off so going to apply the second one hopefully straight! 😄

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, imsosad said:

I just dropped my phone and the screen shattered.... anyone know of ways I can get it fixed??? I can’t buy a new phone nor would I want to wait another 5+ months for a new phone..... 

Just contact FxTec support.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Had this one since last October.

Can't recommend at all. Despite it being smaller than the display, the edges still lift up from the starting curve.

I tried to blow on it with a hair dryer to maybe soften it up a bit but I also didn't want to risk killing the Pro1. So if gravity doesn't do a miracle over the next night, I'll try the included soft protector. And after that my Pro1 will go naked.

• Thanks 1