F(x)tec on Verizon?

device is completely stock. when i initially set it up texting worked but i moved the sim back into my moto z3 as i wasnt ready to start migrating my stuff yet. once i migrated my apps and what not i moved my sim back into the pro1 and sms no longer worked. i did a factory reset through the settings and even after setting up again sms no longer works.

i thought it might be an app issue so i deleted cache and data from the texting app but no luck. MMS comes in fine

does anyone have any input? again. this is entirely stock i never made any attempts to alter the device

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the Pro1 today and somehow got it working on Verizon based on the instructions here. Context: I have an existing account with Verizon. I've been swapping my sim to new devices for years.

Holy crap!!! I got Verizon to work!!!!   Both I and Verizon missed a step.  I was confused because I had verified my G6 was provisioned for VoLTEand that it could send and receieve calls if I set the

Forgot to add, the Verizon tech who got my Pro 1 working was extremely impressed by it and said she's going to order one herself.

Posted Images

That happened to me once.  I then managed to mess up and brick my phone (trying to unroot and take OTA... not sure how but I refer to it in Magisk thread). I recovered by reflashing the October original factory image, took all the updates including the January one I had been trying to unroot for.  When I set Verizon up again everything was magically working and has ever since.

And, no, I don't suggest you try my remedy.  😉 🙄

Make sure you set everything back up, including all the LTE provisioning and selecting the right preferred network(s).  "Global" works great for me.  There's a lot of information on the last page or 2 of this thread.

Edited by Hook
Merging from another thread created thread recursion. LOL.
  • Like 1

My phone tried to brick itself when the SD card I set up as adoptable storage failed. I ended up having to flash back to stock, reapply the OTAs, and re-root as well. I had to take it back to Verizon along with my old Samsung so they could deactivate and reactivate my SIM. Until they did that, the Pro 1 would get stuck trying to register in the switch. That was per the Verizon tech watching what was going on from their end.

Steps were: 1) put SIM back in Samsung and establish everything works; 2) deactivate and reactivate SIM, establish everything works; 3) put SIM back in Pro 1 and verify VoLTE still enabled (it wasn't, had to reenable it); 4) Pro 1 now worked properly again and now registers correctly as a Pro 1 and not an LG Global Voyager as before.

I don't have video calling or wifi calling enabled and it still works just fine.

• Thanks 2
On 2/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, spence fx serial 809 said:

no they approved it but the provision still had to be set first, wondering if that was systems update related as i did not update before doing all this, and i am running on the global setting

How did you get them to approve it? I tried the same thing this past week, and speaking to them yesterday, they basically confirmed it was denied. I really need some pointers here as I'm not sure if I missed anything... I absolutely don't want to spend money buying even a refurb to use as a SIM slave, the phone is already expensive enough.

11 hours ago, C-HN said:

How did you get them to approve it? I tried the same thing this past week, and speaking to them yesterday, they basically confirmed it was denied. I really need some pointers here as I'm not sure if I missed anything... I absolutely don't want to spend money buying even a refurb to use as a SIM slave, the phone is already expensive enough.

You are correct.  Verizon hasn't approved a DMD request; thus, as of today, our Pro1s aren't in the DMD database for activation.  It's that simple.  They probably won't ever be either because F(x)tec would have to request certification, and then pay for all the testing which is required to certify network compliance.  As such, there is no way to activate, and provision, a fresh SIM in a Pro1 on Verizon's network, period.  You, me, a store rep, a phone rep, a network engineer, or whomever, will need a mule phone for initial activation and provisioning of a SIM card.

I know I've said it before, but I'm amazed how well-trained Verizon customers seem to be. That you just accept these rules just because Verizon has made a political decision to impose artificial restrictions in their network is simply A-MA-ZING! Ok, sure, if it's the ONLY carrier in your area, but this can hardly be the case for everyone in this thread..?

Sorry for the OT rant, just needed to get that off my chest. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Polaris said:

You are correct.  Verizon hasn't approved a DMD request; thus, as of today, our Pro1s aren't in the DMD database for activation.  It's that simple.  They probably won't ever be either because F(x)tec would have to request certification, and then pay for all the testing which is required to certify network compliance.  As such, there is no way to activate, and provision, a fresh SIM in a Pro1 on Verizon's network, period.  You, me, a store rep, a phone rep, a network engineer, or whomever, will need a mule phone for initial activation and provisioning of a SIM card.

I suspect you're 100% right. But also think this is speculation.  We have no idea if F(x)tec contact Verizon, or submitted our IEMI block as CDMA golden in a way Verizon can see it.  I think they did nothing, and just hoped and preyed that cuz they put the right radios and bands in, Verizon would be happy enough.

(BTW, same applies to Sprint - nobody's got CDMA going there yet either. It's like fxtec put in the cdma support into our device for no reason if they cant get the providers to support it, they may as well have made it a GSM/LTE only device - I looked online and the only other place that really uses CDMA besides USA/Canada is China !  And yeah no qwerty market there, Chinese is a little different to type,, and no google gms allowed there either, etc, so any PRC folks getting them are enthusiasts, not normals - fxtec didnt put cdma into our device for the people in the Peoples Republic.  So that means they put it in for USA.  But USA (vzw/sprint) aren't taking i!t)

Anyone personally know (or have direct contact with) the CEO of Verizon or Sprint to ping them directly?  Sometimes that works wonders...

Edited by Craig
37 minutes ago, Craig said:

I suspect you're 100% right. But also think this is speculation.  We have no idea if F(x)tec contact Verizon, or submitted our IEMI block as CDMA golden in a way Verizon can see it.  I think they did nothing, and just hoped and preyed that cuz they put the right radios and bands in, Verizon would be happy enough.

(BTW, same applies to Sprint - nobody's got CDMA going there yet either. It's like fxtec put in the cdma support into our device for no reason if they cant get the providers to support it, they may as well have made it a GSM/LTE only device - I looked online and the only other place that really uses CDMA besides USA/Canada is China !  And yeah no qwerty market there, Chinese is a little different to type,, and no google gms allowed there either, etc, so any PRC folks getting them are enthusiasts, not normals - fxtec didnt put cdma into our device for the people in the Peoples Republic.  So that means they put it in for USA.  But USA (vzw/sprint) aren't taking i!t)

Anyone personally know (or have direct contact with) the CEO of Verizon or Sprint to ping them directly?  Sometimes that works wonders...

Sadly, it's not speculation as I am 100% certain that the Pro1 phones are not certified for use on Verizon.  I know this due to having an employee check for me on a regular basis.  However you can know too by checking the BYOP link.  Just plug your IMEI in and it'll deny it because it's not an approved device.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice

On 2/11/2020 at 5:27 AM, cfeltych said:

My phone tried to brick itself when the SD card I set up as adoptable storage failed. I ended up having to flash back to stock, reapply the OTAs, and re-root as well. I had to take it back to Verizon along with my old Samsung so they could deactivate and reactivate my SIM. Until they did that, the Pro 1 would get stuck trying to register in the switch. That was per the Verizon tech watching what was going on from their end.

Steps were: 1) put SIM back in Samsung and establish everything works; 2) deactivate and reactivate SIM, establish everything works; 3) put SIM back in Pro 1 and verify VoLTE still enabled (it wasn't, had to reenable it); 4) Pro 1 now worked properly again and now registers correctly as a Pro 1 and not an LG Global Voyager as before.

I don't have video calling or wifi calling enabled and it still works just fine.

The part I put in bold type is the most interesting part of this discussion to date. It indicates that Verizon now knows what it is, which would indicate that someone may in fact be working behind the scenes to get the clack accepted by Verizon.

• Like 2

It registers in the switch as a Pro 1, or more precisely a QX1000, according to the Verizon Level 2 support engineer we looped in as part of the troubleshooting process.  My Verizon account now shows it as my old Samsung again, which is fine with me as long as it works.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, cfeltych said:

It registers in the switch as a Pro 1, or more precisely a QX1000, according to the Verizon Level 2 support engineer we looped in as part of the troubleshooting process.  My Verizon account now shows it as my old Samsung again, which is fine with me as long as it works.

Yes, just as mine shows as a Moto G6.  That will always be the case, it will show as whatever phone it was muled on (or at least some Verizon  approved phone from your past) as the Pro 1 (or QX1000 is not in their data base and likely never will be unless F(X) Tec works that out with Verizon.  That's not likely to happen with this phone.  Could happen with a Pro 2.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, cfeltych said:

My Verizon account now shows it as my old Samsung again, which is fine with me as long as it works.

Right, this was bound to happen.  There is one sure fire way to know for certain if a device is considered authorized hardware by Verizon.  Switch the network preference to CDMA/EvDO auto, and see if it's able to use Verizon's CDMA system.  If the answer is yes, then I'll believe it, otherwise it's using a mule account as it's identification.

1 hour ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

day 2 of no sms sending continues for now anyways,  I am just lost as to why suddenly can not send sms.   

Sounds to me like incorrect SMSC rather than APN settings. But know nothing about Verizon, so could be other issues.

2 hours ago, spence fx serial 809 said:

day 2 of no sms sending continues for now anyways,  I am just lost as to why suddenly can not send sms.   

I wish I could help you.  It happened to me back at the beginning of January (posted in this thread).  Right after it happened, I managed to brick the phone, so I restored factory images from October, took all the OTAs including the new January one and the SMS problem went away.  I didn't do anything differently.  I wondered at the time if it was tha January OTA that fixed it, but I assume you have that,  It's unnerving not knowing what caused or fixed it because I realize it could happen again, but so far it hasn't.

The only thing I can think of is to try different "Preferred Network" entries under Settings -> Network & Internet ->Mobile Network  Tap Advanced and select Preferred Network Type.  I'm using "Global"

9 hours ago, Hook said:

I wish I could help you.  It happened to me back at the beginning of January (posted in this thread).  Right after it happened, I managed to brick the phone, so I restored factory images from October, took all the OTAs including the new January one and the SMS problem went away.  I didn't do anything differently.  I wondered at the time if it was tha January OTA that fixed it, but I assume you have that,  It's unnerving not knowing what caused or fixed it because I realize it could happen again, but so far it hasn't.

The only thing I can think of is to try different "Preferred Network" entries under Settings -> Network & Internet ->Mobile Network  Tap Advanced and select Preferred Network Type.  I'm using "Global"

can you please post a guide and perhaps a link to download the  factory image from october? i have the same issue as spence and dont care to restart the device since i havent even had the chance to use it past a few hours

2 hours ago, puppymang said:

can you please post a guide and perhaps a link to download the  factory image from october? i have the same issue as spence and dont care to restart the device since i havent even had the chance to use it past a few hours

I believe there is a "flashall" batch file in the zip, although I didn't use it because before I give up and flashed everything, I was trying peicemeal flashes to try to preserve userdata.  I am not much of an expert on doing this (I had help from folks over in the unofficial discord channel). Just wanted to be clear about that.  😉

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Took my Sim card out of my phone to repair the screen (screen wasn't turning on. Turns out it was a loose pin and everything is fine now) and put the sim in my old phone for the time being. When I put the Sim card back in the Pro1, everything went back to normal except I couldn't send SMS. Put it back in my old phone again to check what the working SMSC was, and it was the same one I've got on the Pro1 except that on the Pro1 the SMSC is within quotations, and ends with a ,145. When I looked it up it seems like the 145 is supposed to be there. As such, I'm wondering if anyone else has on the Verizon network has had problems sending text (but no other problems), and if they found a way to fix it that didn't include restoring it to the factory images from October.

12 hours ago, brockhulse said:

Hey everyone. Took my Sim card out of my phone to repair the screen (screen wasn't turning on. Turns out it was a loose pin and everything is fine now) and put the sim in my old phone for the time being. When I put the Sim card back in the Pro1, everything went back to normal except I couldn't send SMS. Put it back in my old phone again to check what the working SMSC was, and it was the same one I've got on the Pro1 except that on the Pro1 the SMSC is within quotations, and ends with a ,145. When I looked it up it seems like the 145 is supposed to be there. As such, I'm wondering if anyone else has on the Verizon network has had problems sending text (but no other problems), and if they found a way to fix it that didn't include restoring it to the factory images from October.

As you can see from @puppymang above, this happened to him/her and, from my reply to him/her, that it happened once to me.  Unfortunately, if they found a solution they didn't report it.  Mine was solved after I had to reflash the factory image and therefore I have no idea what solved it, but it hasn't been back since.  At the time, I assumed it might have been the January OTA which I took when my phone was reflashed. 

I assume, since you were checking your SMSC, that you checked to see that your provisioning switches were all on.  The funny thing about the SMSC number is mine doesn't show any.  I assume it has one and if I hit refresh, I would probably see one, but when everything is working, I'm hesitant to push any buttons. 😅

I'm sorry I'm not more help.  It seems to happen, although not very many, and so far no one has posted a solution. 

I assume MMS does work?  It did in my case.

Edited by Hook
  • Like 2