F(x)tec on Verizon?

38 minutes ago, PlutoStark said:

Just a heads up to everyone on here. I haven't been using my Pro1 but I'm on Verizon and faced many of the same issues you've all brought up in this thread.

Recently I picked up a Surface Duo and was having the same issues (outbound text works, inbound doesn't, etc), and a Verizon tech had us chat in and request "CDMA-LESS" activated on our accounts. This took me 5 minutes and suddenly everything started working perfectly. I moved my SIM to my Pro1 today to see if it improved things and it appears I'm sending/receiving SMS/MMS and all that without any special modifications. Just an FYI if any of you want to try it as well and report back.

Happy Pro1'ing!

Would appreciate a little more detail.  DId you "Chat In" to the Verizon Tech and he/she then put in the request for you or did a Verizon tech have you chat in somewhere else to make the request. I'm not 100% clear how to reproduce what you did. I know of several Verizon techs I have talked to they have never brought up "CDMA-less activation" although it might just be becoming a thing as EOL for CDMA approaches.

Appreciate the information.

Edited by Hook
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the Pro1 today and somehow got it working on Verizon based on the instructions here. Context: I have an existing account with Verizon. I've been swapping my sim to new devices for years.

Holy crap!!! I got Verizon to work!!!!   Both I and Verizon missed a step.  I was confused because I had verified my G6 was provisioned for VoLTEand that it could send and receieve calls if I set the

This morning my phone signal went dead.  I went to the phone menu (*#*#4636#*#*) and all the Volte and Voice over Wifi switches were turned off.  This is the second time this has happened to me since

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Hook said:

Would appreciate a little more detail.  DId you "Chat In" to the Verizon Tech and he/she then put in the request for you or did a Verizon tech have you chat in somewhere else to make the request. I'm not 100% clear how to reproduce what you did. I know of several Verizon techs I have talked to they have never brought up "CDMA-less activation" although it might just be becoming a thing as EOL for CDMA approaches.

Appreciate the information.

I used the chat on the Verizon website and said "Hey, I have a new phone I'm trying to use and having difficulty sending/receiving SMS/MMS. I spoke with a Sr. Verizon Tech online and they told me to ask you to enable "CDMA-LESS" on my account."

They quickly agreed and within 30 seconds I had SMS rolling in that wasn't received before.

Hopefully that clears it up a bit. I know it sounds rather nebulous but that's the approach I took. Happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1