• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each day I see a different date here :

On March: July 2019

Now: summer 2019

I think the change is a smart move. Even if they hit their target of July, assuming they ship the pre-orders in batches that reflect order date, chances are that folks pre-ordering now might not see the phone until August. In any case, it gives them a little more wiggle room to get it right. A change from July to Summer hardly gives the impression of a project being cancelled and there has been way too much activity on their twitter and facebook feeds to suggest that.

Don't get me wrong. As I have said before the wait is killing me, but I'm willing to wait longer if it means they get it right.

Don't think so, only crowdfunded projects continue to burn money as long as possible. I do not think they would design IEMs while knowing that the project is failing. They would supply stock black ones!

Why throwing more money into it, if it is already clear that gets cancelled?

Don’t think so, only crowdfunded projects continue to burn money as long as possible. I do not think they would design IEMs while knowing that the project is failing. They would supply stock black ones!

Why throwing more money into it, if it is already clear that gets cancelled?

The IEMs already being in the works even gives me the impression that the phone itself is probably already trough most of the design stage and probably ready for production apart from maybe software :)... Telling it is planned for Juli is not a binding promise that it will be ready as things always can happen, but people will take it as one, so maybe it's a wise move to get some breathing room for them to state "summer" instead. I'm confident they will deliver relatively soon, they have come way too far to back out now. We should be patient and wish the team at fxtec a great success soon, as they are today the best hope we have for hardware keyboards to make a real comeback :).

Having participated in the bring up and readying for market of several niche Android devices, I feel it would have been a miracle if they had hit their original projection. There are always last hurdles that you'll never anticipate up front.

I'm actually glad they are giving themselves some wiggle room. I want them to ship the device when it is ready, not to meet some arbitrary point on the calendar.

When I placed my pre-order a couple months ago, I had already anticipated it would ship in August or September.

Having participated in the bring up and readying for market of several niche Android devices, I feel it would have been a miracle if they had hit their original projection. There are always last hurdles that you’ll never anticipate up front.

I’m actually glad they are giving themselves some wiggle room. I want them to ship the device when it is ready, not to meet some arbitrary point on the calendar.

When I placed my pre-order a couple months ago, I had already anticipated it would ship in August or September.

I do not think it is safe to assume that they don't make it in July. This thread seems to be a bit confusing.

There is no official delay (yet). Could be possible that they started their production run, and further pre-orders have to wait for the second run. Could be delay. Could be a safety net.

Nothing against your points, and I wouldn't wonder about a short delay neither, but it is all guesswork here.

Well, the title of this thread is hardly annoying. It is perfectly aggresive and I though someone from the team would already sum up how the thing really is. And I am sad, that still nobody did! Eventhough this part of the forum can discourage or disconcert another new potential customers.

Well, the title of this thread is hardly annoying. It is perfectly aggresive and I though someone from the team would already sum up how the thing really is. And I am sad, that still nobody did! Eventhough this part of the forum can discourage or disconcert another new potential customers.

Absolutely agree on that. It is hard click baiting. But to be honest I would love an official statement on how things are going!

I’m not concerned, I’ve been waiting since the N97 for another landscape slider I can wait till next year if need be :D

Sure we will wait, but IMHO its extremely important to keep KEY customers informed :) And as we all know that function is KEY.....

We will never cancel the project. We will only improve the product.

Currently we are mainly focusing on improving the manufacturing procedure to maximise the quality. We are also doing a lot of test and in progress of various certifications. On software side, we are finalising the camera and further improving firmware. So there will be more info to share such as sample shots when it's ready. There is a lot of things going on.

In the meantime we are also preparing for the next hands on event elsewhere.

In the meantime we are also preparing for the next hands on event elsewhere.

Oh? That’s great news! Mainland Europe, by chance? That’d make it way easier at least for me to attend :-D

Yeah any clues where :D

I can reccomend Prague for example. It is in the middle of Europe, is it such a nice city with rich history and wonderfull sights! And for beer enthusiasms there is a nice beer for reasonable price. :) But.. Thats just to have some thoughs meanwhile :)

My reading of Waxberry, "focusing on improving..."; "doing a lot of test"; "improving firmware"; etc. would be there is still a fair bit of development work to do. They are NOT ready to fulfil orders; Don't hold your breath for imminent shipment..!

My reading of Waxberry, “focusing on improving…”; “doing a lot of test”; “improving firmware”; etc. would be there is still a fair bit of development work to do. They are NOT ready to fulfil orders; Don’t hold your breath for imminent shipment..!

And there's no shame in that. Look at Samsung and their Fold debacle. I'd rather have FX does their homework good instead of fast...

My reading of Waxberry, “focusing on improving…”; “doing a lot of test”; “improving firmware”; etc. would be there is still a fair bit of development work to do. They are NOT ready to fulfil orders; Don’t hold your breath for imminent shipment..!

And there’s no shame in that. Look at Samsung and their Fold debacle. I’d rather have FX does their homework good instead of fast…

It's also pretty much expected, even if they are on schedule to release at the end of next month there will be crazy amounts of work for a small startup. Once they actually release the device the work that went into it will be much more important then communications at this time, so I defintely agree on the homework :).

Its bit disappointing that now there is no mention of when it will be released.

Now they are still talking about working on hardware and then talking about these future events going on. so to me it looks like this device will not be available at least anytime this year.

Its bit disappointing that now there is no mention of when it will be released.

Now they are still talking about working on hardware and then talking about these future events going on. so to me it looks like this device will not be available at least anytime this year.

Hmm they have changed to "Shipping globally is estimated to be summer 2019" (was "July" earlier) on the pre-order page, so why do you assume it will not be 2019????