Sequence of order processing + issues with orders

The newest newsletter suggests, that the orders are processed in the order of payment.

This is actually good news for me, I will be fast and I need a new phone as soon as possible.

But I do not think it is a wise move for the company.

(Why am I doing this, I gonna regret this soooo much if they are listening)

I suggest give people a fixed time, like a week to pay and then process the orders like that:

1. People with Indiegogo coupons, they are waiting for years (<- not me :( )

2. All order orders sorted by order date.

3. All payments after the week or so, sorted by date of paying

To my own disadvantage I think this would be the fairest system.

What are you thinking?

Disclaimer: I have of course no idea of the process at fxtec. Maybe even a week would be too long, but looking at the order numbers, they should be able to go ahead and produce the first batch anyway. Somebody will take them gladly (I heard eske takes around half of the first batch alone).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My early pre-order date won't help me either, and I'm afraid to receive the payment notice some hours too late. F(x)tec mentioned their choice of processing the first orders already a week ago, I guess they thought well enough about it and won't chance it now.

On the company's point of view, this method of processing might be the quickest to collect the funds necessary to keep the production busy and quickly distribute the devices. Who knows how many early pre-orderers were made, and the customers forgot about that? make that number 50, meaning 50 devices waiting for a week, maybe for the next week aswell, devices which could already be shipped..

I do not know the exact method they are going to use, nor the daily yield of the factory. But it does make sense to keep the production busy (as Noir puts it), on the other hand as a startup they do not want to invest in producing an excessive stock before they know the actual number of willing buyers.

They have previously promised us indiegogo backers priority. So I assume Indiegogo backers paying quickly will be at the top of the list to get it. But there were only 1653 "backers", and some of these have had refunds (and a few had prototypes), so I would guess that it is less than 1500.

My early pre-order date won’t help me either, and I’m afraid to receive the payment notice some hours too late. F(x)tec mentioned their choice of processing the first orders already a week ago, I guess they thought well enough about it and won’t chance it now.

On the company’s point of view, this method of processing might be the quickest to collect the funds necessary to keep the production busy and quickly distribute the devices. Who knows how many early pre-orderers were made, and the customers forgot about that? make that number 50, meaning 50 devices waiting for a week, maybe for the next week aswell, devices which could already be shipped..

If they have problems processing the shipment, then it is a valid point. I do believe our funds are too late for the the first batch of production anyway. I do not believe that payment will be delayed. Since the date of paying will be relevant after that week, I will pay as fast as possible anyway.

I do not know the exact method they are going to use, nor the daily yield of the factory. But it does make sense to keep the production busy (as Noir puts it), on the other hand as a startup they do not want to invest in producing an excessive stock before they know the actual number of willing buyers.

They have previously promised us indiegogo backers priority. So I assume Indiegogo backers paying quickly will be at the top of the list to get it. But there were only 1653 “backers”, and some of these have had refunds (and a few had prototypes), so I would guess that it is less than 1500.

Of course it makes sense to keep the production busy. But If they have not sold enough to produce 1 week prior they have a lot of other problems. I strongly believe, that the first batch size is already fixed and will be sold anyway. In the time this batch is produced other people will be paying the device too, they will not stop. So they can adapt further production on sales numbers. There is no difference on the information side (sales are continuing) and no difference on the production because of the same informations. As mentioned above, they only difference is in the logistic part, which may be important.

Don't get me wrong, this is no gamebreaker at all. But is a little strange, to let people with pre-orders wait for months and months and then don't give them a week (or 2-3 days or whatever) to complete the order. It is okay though, since customers did not invest anything up to now.

After all they could easily just start taking payments 3 days earlier.

For me, I will pay as soon as possible, which means less than a day or almost immediately when I am not on the roads (which is rare for me but can happen).

I am one of the backers of Keyboard Mod anyway.

For F(x)tech, I think they are not want to wait too much for payment as some of the pre-orders will not be fulfilled and they want to keep production to be able to fulfill as much orders as possible in the shortest time and it also means that production price not go too high because of delays.

I think a few (maybe one or two, or even three) days of delay in payment may be tolerated, but not much more to ensure continuous manufacturing and reducing risks.

hmmm I haven’t seen a newsletter in a couple of months. I hope I didn’t get dropped off of the list because I did pre-order. No newsletters in Spam Box either.

You can read the past issues of the mailing list here https://us19.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=adae1356e734fcdec77e6255f&id=4b844f98a0

And also you could try re-subscribing here https://fxtec.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=adae1356e734fcdec77e6255f&id=9a393a9003

Easy solution. Allow only indiegogo people to pay for the first week. After that another week where any pre-order can pay. After that, open up all ordering. Then ship in the order payment is received, assigning new order numbers.

After reading the newsletter I am also a bit confused and worried. I preordered quite fast on the first day and I would be really disappointed(pissed) to receive the Pro1 after people who just preordered last week but get the mail faster or something like that.

I also suggest (hope) that the preorder-order will be regarded.

Something like 1) indigogo backers, preorders with a short waiting time before the shipping in order and then the rest in payment order.

Can't wait to receive my Pro1 and have a keyboard again after my E7 broke. :)

Easy solution. Allow only indiegogo people to pay for the first week. After that another week where any pre-order can pay. After that, open up all ordering. Then ship in the order payment is received, assigning new order numbers.

It may be a good idea, however, I don't know how complicated for them to program a similar behaviour.

However, theoretically, they have the data necessary to separate these users as there should be an (applied but still pending) coupon code in the account of the first group, so it should be easy to filter them.

The second group is easier to implement as it should be something like "order number" < "specific number" at some point in time.

Anyway, they may give everyone the possibility to pay at once, then write a query which lists everybody in the order of payment date ordered by pre-order coupons first till a specific date, then all the rest till a second date and order number. :)

Anyway, it is a bit complicated, as there are QWERTY and German QWERTZ orders which need to be thinked over and also production batch timing should be included.

Otherwise, if don't thinking over QWERTY / QWERTZ problem (also I don't know how big the difference is and where it takes place in manufacturing process), I would write an SQL query which includes unprocessed orders ordered by applied (but still pending) coupon state then payment date limit by the available units in the batch and generate a list when a new batch arrives.

In other words, this way older Indiegogo users could get their devices first, then other pre-orders are fulfilled even if Indiegogo users are not payed in time when the first batch arrives.

On the second batch, other Indiegogo users (who payed later) are handled first, then the rest pre-orders and so on.

I think this way they promise would be fulfilled as Indiegogo users orders will have the device shipped first, but only if they pay in time.

If they pay later, they still have priority, but only from the next batch - I think that would be correct.

No other time limits are necessary I think. All other orders should be fulfilled when all payed pre-orders are shipped (which were payed till a given date).

Then they would only need to ensure to allow at least 2-3 days for the first payment.

Naturally, technical solution depends on the database structure (including handling of users who has more pre-orders but one coupon, etc), but it can be solved even in a similar way. :)

It is only my own opinion anyway, just thinking. :)

For F(x)tech, I think they are not want to wait too much for payment as some of the pre-orders will not be fulfilled and they want to keep production to be able to fulfill as much orders as possible in the shortest time and it also means that production price not go too high because of delays.

I think a few (maybe one or two, or even three) days of delay in payment may be tolerated, but not much more to ensure continuous manufacturing and reducing risks.

My idea only leads to a delay in sending the phone, not in receiving payments and so also not in production.

It may be a good idea, however, I don’t know how complicated for them to program a similar behaviour.

I can not think of a db structure where this select should trigger any problems. In the worst case you need two distinct queries which are used depending on servertime (This is only may daily buisness, so my experience says me I am most likely wrong ;-) ).

I think this way they promise would be fulfilled as Indiegogo users orders will have the device shipped first, but only if they pay in time.

That was what I suggested. I think this would only be fair.

They have previously promised us indiegogo backers priority. So I assume Indiegogo backers paying quickly will be at the top of the list to get it. But there were only 1653 “backers”, and some of these have had refunds (and a few had prototypes), so I would guess that it is less than 1500.

That is correct. Indiegogo Livermorium backers will receive priority. However, due to the relatively small number of IG issued promotions, this will not affect the shipping time for our early Pro1 pre-orders.

Erik

I know somebody who has already received payment instructions, so something is happening right now.

I am still waiting my own mail anyway.

(I think I am a bit later at pre-order number here as I was waiting for Indiegogo coupon code to be able to enter it on pre-order).

I get a payment-notification, but I can't complete my payment, because both of my VISA-cards was declined by the payment-process...

Anyone else get tha issue?

The cards are valid, not expired, limit is above 1k€, end so on. I even used one card today at the local food store...

I get a payment-notification, but I can’t complete my payment, because both of my VISA-cards was declined by the payment-process…

The cards are valid, not expired, limit is above 1k€, end so on. I even used one card today at the local food store…

Sorry to hear there's payment issues.

Please ensure the name on your card matches the name you have set on your F(x)tec profile. For example, if the name on your card is "J DOE", you should set the name on your profile as "J DOE". This seems to be happening to a very limited number of cards with this special protection enabled.

Erik

I get a payment-notification, but I can’t complete my payment, because both of my VISA-cards was declined by the payment-process…

The cards are valid, not expired, limit is above 1k€, end so on. I even used one card today at the local food store…

Sorry to hear there’s payment issues.

Please ensure the name on your card matches the name you have set on your F(x)tec profile. For example, if the name on your card is “J DOE”, you should set the name on your profile as “J DOE”. This seems to be happening to a very limited number of cards with this special protection enabled.

Erik

And remember there are more than one place, I know of these:

1 https://www.fxtec.com/my-account/edit-account/ .

2 https://www.fxtec.com/my-account/edit-address/ .

3 https://www.fxtec.com/account/ .

(I do not know which one has to match, so check all)

I have the same problem.

VISA, name and address matches, enough money

Only information: Card was declined

Is Visa card the only viable payment option? Or is it possible for example to buy with paypal?

It works using Mastercard, but as far as I know, there is no Paypal option.

I am still waiting my chance of paying as it seems they still not reached my pre-order number, which would be much lower if I was not wait for Indiegogo coupon - practically that way I know I would have been received my payment e-mail if they going through pre-orders systematically.

Otherwise, I check if there are new messages really often, but unfortunately this moderation delay causes high degradation of interactivity... I don't know why Spamming was good for whoever did it...