Since time of release is really near, I am wondering if @Waxberry has noticed @Hyrum (creator of the Game Gripper) attempting to contact him? I'm sure there are quite a few people who would love a Game Gripper for the Pro1 :).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, Hyrum said:

I had so much fun making game grippers ~10years ago. I'd be open to making some for the pro1. One problem is I live in the USA and this seems to be primarily an EU phone. I'd probably need to track down my old EU partner or even better if fxtec would distribute them.

I tried connecting with those guys on LinkedIn about the pro1 but no reply. 

For a little history, the game gripper came before we had decent Bluetooth game pads. Once they stopped making high end phones with slide out keyboards the game gripper stopped selling and I went back to work.

-Hyrum

On 11/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, netman said:

Since time of release is really near, I am wondering if @Waxberry has noticed @Hyrum (creator of the Game Gripper) attempting to contact him? I'm sure there are quite a few people who would love a Game Gripper for the Pro1 :).

count me in if this gets made.

Edited by SaiKo
  • Like 1

I'd definitely get one too.

But I don't really see where you'd put a D-pad since the keyboard isn't ortholinear. It's either gonna be very narrow, very wide or asymmetric which might be a little awkward to use.

1 hour ago, Keyahnig said:

I'd definitely get one too.

But I don't really see where you'd put a D-pad since the keyboard isn't ortholinear. It's either gonna be very narrow, very wide or asymmetric which might be a little awkward to use.

Well, t does not entirely follow the standard qwerty staggering. The first and third letter rows are aligned, and the second close to a half key displaced, so actually it is almost perfect for a D-dad.

Below the subtle displacements it would require to turn it into standard, keeping the lower letter row fixed. But for a D-pad that would be worse....

OnPro1Staggering.png