New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful as expected 🙂  

Hi everyone, We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :). Important bugs we know of: 1. If you have a display n

I think I posted this before.  But I've never used another message board/forum where editing had a time limit.  Sure, if someone changes something, it may mess up the other messages, but so what?  ins

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Parhelion said:

small blue dot or star left of the topic title -> go to first unread post

Thank you, I haven't noticed that - however, it would be good if clicking to the topic name would also do the same... 🙂

It seems like there is a limit to editing posts.  Maybe you can only edit it one time or maybe there is a time limit in which you are allowed to edit it, or maybe both.

Testing editing this now.  I was able to edit it multiple times.  So there is probably just a time limit.  A longer time limit would be nice.

Edited by david
1 hour ago, Craig said:

I'm ok with the 30 day username change to avoid people being silly (that wasnt an accident like I assume hidden50), but this 5 minute edit kinda lame.  Please set that for unlimited unless there's a reason not to.

I am also think the 30 day username change is okay (usually changing user name on a forum is not even allowed), but if the username has changed because of the new forum software, the user should have been allowed to change the username at least once and not after 30 days.

The reason of time limit is to prevent the users to modify their messages after a reply arrived or after months because of changing mind. That case other messages would also look strange. The duration of time limit is another question.

3 minutes ago, _DW_ said:

Yeah I get the edit time but 5min is way to short needs a few days then locked.

"Days"? If in that range it could just as well be open.

I think the best solution is to allow edits freely. But to keep an open history of the edits.

And whenever anyone wants to quote something 'controversial', it is a good idea to use the actually Quote-function. So things does not look bad.

IDEA: Perhaps it would be an good if a post lost any positive smiley-reactions on edit - for the case where people change something fundamentally (keep any sad and confused).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

"Days"? If in that range it could just as well be open.

I think the best solution is to allow edits freely. But to keep an open history of the edits.

And whenever anyone wants to quote something 'controversial', it is a good idea to use the actually Quote-function. So things does not look bad.

IDEA: Perhaps it would be an good if a post lost any positive smiley-reactions on edit - for the case where people change something fundamentally (keep any sad and confused).

I say days because some people only drop in once and wouldn't ever be able to edit.  I agree having a history to a post is enough.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, cozd said:

Hello!

i'm in Russia and i cannot access the new forum without a vpn. I actually thought it was still down (since last week) until just now. 

This is strange. We aren't blocking any countries by default. Is there any chance your ISP might be blocking us?

4 minutes ago, Erik said:

Seems to just be a spam blacklist for previous bad history, which doesn't affect HTTP traffic. We use Office 365 for outgoing emails anyway.

But could be that someone use the blacklist in a more drastic way?

They got a form to request removal http://barracudacentral.org/rbl/removal-request (rather funny that it is http and not https BTW)

1 hour ago, Erik said:

This is strange. We aren't blocking any countries by default. Is there any chance your ISP might be blocking us?

It is. I can access all other parts of the website and the old forum without vpn. checked 3 different isp's and my cell network, all the same.

Not sure how i can check if it is local isp that is blocking the site. Usually if it is so, it shows a message. 

17 hours ago, cozd said:

It is. I can access all other parts of the website and the old forum without vpn. checked 3 different isp's and my cell network, all the same.

Not sure how i can check if it is local isp that is blocking the site. Usually if it is so, it shows a message. 

To see if it is a wide block on a range, try this site, that has an IP quite close by: butterfly-conservation.org

(This site is -hidden-,, that site is -hidden-,)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

WTF, pic broke:

Not to sound too sarcastic, but I do assume that you read the original post in this thread? It says:

On 10/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, Erik said:

2. Previous uploads and images might be broken. The tags for image insert were changed.

But I hope that they will get it fixed soon.

4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

To see if it is a wide block on a range, try this site, that has an IP quite close by: butterfly-conservation.org

Another user from Russia reported on the discord he cannot access the new community either.  He tried that butterfly site and no problem, so seems not a wide block...

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Craig said:

Another user from Russia reported on the discord he cannot access the new community either.  He tried that butterfly site and no problem, so seems not a wide block...

We’re going to setup a cloudflare proxy, which should in theory bypass whatever block is causing this.

• Like 4
  • Erik unpinned this topic