[poll] Have you had a keyboard phone before?

[poll] Have you had a keyboard phone before?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. What's your history?

• Used a keyboard smartphone in the past, now using a keyboardless one.
    • Used a keyboard not-so-smart-phone in the past, now using a keyboardless something.
    • Still use a keyboard phone.
    • Never owned a keyboard phone before.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still have two Droid 4 phones but I do not use them anymore as a daily driver. The other one is running Lineage OS 14.1 and second one Sailfish OS. I also made my own DIY QWERTY smartphone (Xiaomi M

We've had this question before but not as a poll, so let's do this :).

For most of the time I was using slider smartphones: The first was a Vodafone branded HTC Wizard 110, the second a Sony Ericsson Xperia X1, also designed and made by HTC, both running "Wind

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Cemorayniss said:

The poll is slightly inaccurate because it did not allow for having both smart and not smart phones with keyboards (as I had both) 

Yeah, can be hard to make groups mutually exclusive and yet covering everyone. And with a reasonably limited number of groups....

How do you count a Samsung S8- with a click on keyboard that I did not use all the time... Or what about people using BT keyboards rarely/frequently/always...

I called it option 3

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cemorayniss said:

The poll is slightly inaccurate because it did not allow for having both smart and not smart phones with keyboards (as I had both) 

Somehow I felt it obvious smartphone is then the choise to list, thinking over it consciously however... I myself used an n900 followed by a slab followed by a nokia e72 and then slab again, so i should know better :D.

3 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I thought that "not-so-smart" phone would mean a low-spec smartphone (since it was slow as hell).
But I don't think it does really matter...

What I meant is featurephones, alas polls are not editable.

3 minutes ago, netman said:

Somehow I felt it obvious smartphone is then the choise to list, thinking over it consciously however... I myself used an n900 followed by a slab followed by a nokia e72 and then slab again, so i should know better :D.

What I meant is featurephones, alas polls are not editable.

He means dumb phones 👀 

• Like 1

Feature-phones are a lot more than dumb phones.  Feaurephones have internet access, dumb phones don't.   I assumed that's what he meant, as very few went straight from dumb-phone to smart-phone.  All analog phones were dumbphones.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, david said:

Looking at all those people who gave in the to the dark side in that first group.  If you aren't part of the solution.....  Tsk Tsk. 😂

everyone who is getting a pro1 is contributing to the betterment of this situation tho 🙂

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, david said:

Looking at all those people who gave in the to the dark side in that first group.  If you aren't part of the solution.....  Tsk Tsk. 😂

I mean, I got this Moto Z to use the keyboard mod with it... and that fell flat. Don't blame me.
I should've waited, but at the same time I had an Xperia Pro which kinda had no space left to install any new apps. Got a bit painful after a while, especially when moving apps to SD means to only move a tiny part of them.

Keyboard sliders met their end here earlier than in the US too. I don't think there was anything with multiple cores or LTE here unless you imported it.
And well, at the point when I had an incentive to ditch the Xperia, the importable devices were also kinda old as well.

And before that I had something uhh, interesting I guess? An E-Ten Glofiish M800. Back when in my mind, Windows Mobile was a valid choice. It had a backlit keyboard and pen input, so that was nice. The software and 64 MB RAM (24~ free for apps) not so much. Still boots, but the battery is pretty much dead at this point.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, netman said:

everyone who is getting a pro1 is contributing to the betterment of this situation tho 🙂

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I didn't hear about the Nokia N950 before so I probably just lived on the moon.

The N950 was a device only ever made as a development kit and not available for sale to the public, but being very beautiful it hasn't been forgotten. I believe it was one of the main inspirations for the Pro1.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, netman said:

So you are saying that you'll redeem yourself by throwing the emperor down the air duct?  *grins*

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, elvissteinjr said:

Got a bit painful after a while, especially when moving apps to SD means to only move a tiny part of them.

I would have been hurting a lot more than I am if I didn't have the Link2SD app on my Galaxy S Relay 4G.  The internal storage in my phone runs *slower* than the SD card does, so my apps run *faster* with them moved to that card through this app.  And the app moves everything over, unlike some other methods.

• Thanks 1