Jump to content
Waxberry

[Guide] Restore to stock firmware using Fastboot method

Recommended Posts

[This is a temporary page while we setting up the support page guild and host files on our server.]

The Fastboot restoration file can be downloaded in here

Preparation: 

You need to have a PC and installed universal ADB driver.

Completely turn off the phone. 

Download the firmware and copy all the files into the adb folder which installed with the driver.

Procedures:

Hold Volume down + Power key together, when the logo shows up, release both fingers. The phone should boot into bootloader. 

Connect the phone to the PC, and because the driver is installed, system should have identified the connection.

Right click Windows Logo --- Run --- Type

cmd

In command line, move to the adb folder using cd. For example, if the adb folder is in C:\adb, type

cd C:\adb

Then we need to see if the device successfully connects, type

fastboot devices

the outcome should have a device list there.

If the device is successfully connected, run the following commands:

fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.mbn
fastboot flash devcfg_b devcfg.mbn
fastboot flash dsp_a adspso.bin
fastboot flash dsp_b adspso.bin
fastboot flash bluetooth_a BTFM.bin
fastboot flash bluetooth_b BTFM.bin
fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash modem_b NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash pmic_a pmic.elf
fastboot flash pmic_b pmic.elf
fastboot flash rpm_a rpm.mbn
fastboot flash rpm_b rpm.mbn
fastboot flash splash splash.img
fastboot flash tz_a tz.mbn
fastboot flash tz_b tz.mbn
fastboot flash xbl_a xbl.elf
fastboot flash xbl_b xbl.elf
fastboot flash abl_a abl.elf
fastboot flash abl_b abl.elf
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
fastboot flash system_a system.img
fastboot flash system_b system.img
fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
fastboot flash mdtp_a mdtp.img
fastboot flash mdtp_b mdtp.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

fastboot erase userdata

After it’s all finished, run

fastboot reboot

And the phone should now restored to factory state.
 

Once the support page or restoring firmware is setup, this post will link to the relevant page.

Have fun flashing the Pro1! 🙂

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mcdinner said:

Maybe you should write commands 🙂

This is usefull in case of a warranty support case, thank you.

Changed, thank you. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, is it normal to have so many files to flash over fastboot?
I can't remember having done this before, just flashed TWRP and then an .img file or the fastboot image directly.

but its also easy to script 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kashif said:

Apart from flashing, Pro1 still has the option to just hard reset?

Thats an android default function, so yes. 🙂

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two most important things we need are, first these root files to flash and the second thing is the disassemble manual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kashif said:

The two most important things we need are, first these root files to flash and the second thing is the disassemble manual.

there is one until the official one is posted. (which would be nice if we get one)

Edited by mcdinner
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

Just curious, is it normal to have so many files to flash over fastboot?
I can't remember having done this before, just flashed TWRP and then an .img file or the fastboot image directly.

but its also easy to script 🙂

This is what they call a "flash-all" in xda type circles...  and they're often this long, and there is a batch file included in the zip/rar which you can run under windows or linux as a shell script (with minor modifications if necessary, like this one has a few commands at the beginning I'd remove)

If TWRP can backup, any one of us can make a stock backup on day 0, and that's another way to restore stock.   (In my experience, you can use someone elses backup jus fine, that's for example how I restore my PQ to stock ics or jellybean is with stock twrp backups I downloaded - but I dunno if that still applies to modern devices).

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With some hex editor magic we can get a sneak peak of the boot screen, it's beautiful :).

test.thumb.png.7ccb25329111ccbdfb11641383b9ce51.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, netman said:

With some hex editor magic we can get a sneak peak of the boot screen, it's beautiful :).

 

  Hide contents

 

 

Yes it is cool. Though unfortunately as I understand it they are by some odd rules required to show the boot and any password request in portrait, even if the slider is open... 😖

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Yes it is cool. Though unfortunately as I understand it they are by some odd rules required to show the boot and any password request in portrait, even if the slider is open... 😖

Same for the 'Powered by android' label. But of course we have the possibility to remove that 🤠

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, silversolver said:

What are the odds of a stock ROM with no GcrApps in it and root access via settings switch like Lineage? 😉

Haha none at all i think, then "normal" folks can't buy it and get the stuff they expect. I think it's good they make it have GMS android, we can just take out the google stuff or flash lineage 🙂. It's amazing to me they have unlocked bootloader from the box tho, good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, netman said:

Haha none at all i think, then "normal" folks can't buy it and get the stuff they expect. I think it's good they make it have GMS android, we can just take out the google stuff or flash lineage 🙂. It's amazing to me they have unlocked bootloader from the box tho, good stuff.

Yes, agreed, but I didn't mean an out-of-box stock ROM, but a fastboot stock ROM that was available for people like us to add later. I'm aware that we can remove the GcrApps, but it would be cleaner if it just weren't there ever. Essentially, I'd like to be able to benefit from the extensive software polishing that they are doing without having to yank sCroogle out manually. Oh well.

Edited by silversolver
comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Yes, agreed, but I didn't mean an out-of-box stock ROM, but a fastboot stock ROM that was available for people like us to add later. I'm aware that we can remove the GcrApps, but it would be cleaner if it just weren't there ever.

I suspect but don't know that you can't do this and receive Google certification. I also don't know if you could do that by digging into the fastboot files and finding the Gapps. I'm out of my depth here. (I root and flash ROMs, but I'm just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous). 🙄

Edited by Hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hook said:

I suspect but don't know that you can't do this and receive Google certification.

I'm pretty sure your correct I recollect reading this at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hook said:

I suspect but don't know that you can't do this and receive Google certification. I also don't know if you could do that by digging into the fastboot files and finding the Gapps. I'm out of my depth here. (I root and flash ROMs, but I'm just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous). 🙄

I would imagine that yanking things like GcrApps out and inserting things like SuperSU would be pretty simple; just a matter of unpacking the tarball, removing and adding some things, and repacking it. It would just be nice if there was an official option where this was already done so that someone like myself could know it was done correctly. (I know how it could be done in theory but have never even come close to doing it LOL)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, _DW_ said:

I'm pretty sure your correct I recollect reading this at some point.

Man, stuff like this should be illegal under antitrust law...

Do you know how far this extends? E.g, could fxtec provide us with enough sources of their Android customizations so that we can easily build those "alternative stock roms" ourselves, or is even that forbidden?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gigadoc2 said:

Man, stuff like this should be illegal under antitrust law...

Do you know how far this extends? E.g, could fxtec provide us with enough sources of their Android customizations so that we can easily build those "alternative stock roms" ourselves, or is even that forbidden?

We already have the source code required to build our own alternative ROMs. The kernel source is on GitHub, as well as a device tree for LineageOS. This may still be at a pre-release level of reliability, but that is just a matter of debugging effort. The future is only limited by the effort people are willing to put into development for the Pro1, and not by any sort of licensing restrictions.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigadoc2 said:

.., could fxtec provide us with enough sources of their Android customizations so that we can easily build those "alternative stock roms" ourselves, or is even that forbidden?

An interesting question. But remember that under any F(x)tec modifications for the Pro1 are some code for supporting the hardware, and THAT might well be protected by some copyrights, so it might not be up to F(x)tec to disclose the source, no matter if they would like to do so or not....

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vid said:

We already have the source code required to build our own alternative ROMs. The kernel source is on GitHub, as well as a device tree for LineageOS. This may still be at a pre-release level of reliability, but that is just a matter of debugging effort. The future is only limited by the effort people are willing to put into development for the Pro1, and not by any sort of licensing restrictions.

 

34 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

An interesting question. But remember that under any F(x)tec modifications for the Pro1 are some code for supporting the hardware, and THAT might well be protected by some copyrights, so it might not be up to F(x)tec to disclose the source, no matter if they would like to do so or not....

Both is true, but I was more referencing to the "higher layers" of Android, i.e. UI customization and everything related to the slider. Though, that might very well be just the launcher. We could try pulling the launcher from stock and putting it into a LineageOS install, but of course having the source would be nicer :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gigadoc2 said:

 

Both is true, but I was more referencing to the "higher layers" of Android, i.e. UI customization and everything related to the slider. Though, that might very well be just the launcher. We could try pulling the launcher from stock and putting it into a LineageOS install, but of course having the source would be nicer 😄

The really shouldn't have needed to change android it should just be a new launcher swapped for the stock version.  I recollect something about messaging/email as well maybe @EskeRahn could confirm that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms