[Community Build][3.3.0.16][Updated 18th Aug] Sailfish OS for Fxtec Pro1

Updated 18 Aug 2020: Updated flashable package to 3.3.0.16. Many thanks to Adam Pigg who has fixed many bugs and implemented many featured including fingerprint reader and encrypting user data, which will be available shortly.

Another change for this package is after flashing, user will be on testing repository instead of devel, it's highly recommended for previous users to switch to.

Disclaimer: This is the unofficial community build of Sailfish OS, and it's still work in progress and in Alpha state. It is not yet suitable for daily use. Flash at your own risk. If you wish to restore back to stock Android, please follow this thread. 

Fxtec is not responsible for any damage or data loss to the device during this process, and/or the use of Sailfish OS.

If you want to learn more about Sailfish OS, please visit: https://sailfishos.org/

Credit to the developers:

Nikita Ukhrenkov (TheKit)

Michał Szczepaniak (Mister_Magister)

Adam Pigg (Piggz)

Download Sailfish OS for Fxtec Pro1 from the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tIyq1DgnwIR9533-qze2KKlUhy6-2npt/view?usp=sharing 

Preparation:

TWRP for Pro1: Download here (Credit to Mccreary)

Universal ADB Driver

A MicroSD Card, preferably no more than 32GB

Backup your data (if needed) and turn off the phone completely

Transfer the TWRP image into the adb folder of your PC, and Sailfish OS package zip-file to MicroSD card. Insert the MicroSD card to your phone on SIM Slot 2.

Procedures:

For units shipped after November 19, you need to unlock Bootloader first, by enabling developer mode in Android, and enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging. Then following the steps.

Hold Vol Down while pressing the power key, then release both fingers together and the phone should boot into bootloader

Connect the phone to PC and run 

fastboot devices

If the phone is successfully connected, the phone should be listed in command line. Then type:

fashboot flashing unlock

then using vol +/- navigate to "Unlock Booloader", and select with the power key

Warning: All your data will be wiped after Bootloader is unlocked! Please back up!

After unlocking bootloader, boot into BL again using vol- + power key, and perform:

fastboot set_active a

fastboot flash boot twrp-3.3.1-qx1000.img

Use volume up/down to scroll, to Recovery mode and power key to select, from bootloader. And wait for TWRP to boot.

In TWRP go to Wipe -- Format Data (Warning: All your data will lost.) --- type yes, and click blue tick

When format is completed, go back three times and go to reboot and choose to reboot into recovery (swipe to confirm)

Choose to install and select storage SD, In lower right click Install Zip (not image) navigate to where you put the Sailfish OS zip package click it. Make sure signature verification check is off. Swipe to install

Wait until the installation is finished and choose reboot. The device will now boot into Sailfish OS.

============================================================================================

We will update this guide along with the development going on. And we welcome any contribution to the community version of Sailfish OS running on Pro1.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Updated 18 Aug 2020: Updated flashable package to 3.3.0.16. Many thanks to Adam Pigg who has fixed many bugs and implemented many featured including fingerprint reader and encrypting user data, which

Regarding sailfish, the port is certainly still in development and has not stalled.  I use it as my daily driver with few issues. The latest releases are available from the continuous integration

PSA Updating to Sailfish 3.4 The update to Sailfish 3.4 on the Pro1 is much anticipated.  Not only will it bring the great features in 3.4, but it also bring encrypted home partition for added secur

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Parhelion said:

@piggz, @TheKit thank you sooo much! I guess I'll just go ahead and flash it. Hope I won't damage anything being woefully inept at anything alike , but the instructions by @Waxberry seem  clear enough..

In case of failure, I hope there'll be someone more competent around to help me out.

Hope it goes well, im sure someone will help you out.

11 hours ago, david said:

Is TWRP fully working?  I saw some older information about it not support A/B partitions, but that was from July.

I tried pinging the TWRP developer Chen thanked and will start a new thread (if he doesn't) if he replies with more info.  But even the early reports said it could flash, so for installing SFOS it's fine, and for stock backup, we already have a flashall so no worries that way either.

I'm running KDe Neon. Installed fastboot and adb over the official repositories. And want to flash SFOS on the Pro1.

What is meant with "Transfer the TWRP image into the adb folder of your PC" Is there a special folder or do I have to configure one. Or is ist just like transfer the file where adb is installed. In my case this would be usr/bin

4 minutes ago, Popanz said:

I'm running KDe Neon. Installed fastboot and adb over the official repositories. And want to flash SFOS on the Pro1.

What is meant with "Transfer the TWRP image into the adb folder of your PC" Is there a special folder or do I have to configure one. Or is ist just like transfer the file where adb is installed. In my case this would be usr/bin

it is just meant to have the file in the folder where you are running adb from 🙂

• Thanks 1
On 11/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, david said:

Is TWRP fully working?  I saw some older information about it not support A/B partitions, but that was from July.

The TWRP seems to be only useful for Sailfish when you flash it with the way described, because of system-as-root, see the adventures in this thread:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Popanz said:

Next problem: After format I went back to reboot and choose reboot into recovery. But I have no Choice  to install zip firmware. There is just: No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?

SD card with zip is inserted

Wht is the size of the SD? The guide says

A MicroSD Card, preferably no more than 32GB

It is 32GB. The steps are not described very good I think. It is not go back and go to reboot and choose reboot into recovery, but go back on Start Page choose Install and there choose install from zip. I have now installed it that way anyway I got the same message :

No OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?

Shall i??

Can't get it to work. I completely repeated the whole procedure. I think the first time I missunderstood the part "go back and go to reboot and choose reboot into recovery"

Anyway, this time i did the reboot to recovery. But I always get the failure message :

Failed to mount '/vendor' (invalid argumment) Install runs thtough, but after instalation it still says, no OS installed and I can't boot into anything else than recovery mode.

Any hints?

Edited by Popanz

Congrats Popanz!  I seem to recall that first boot taking forever when I tried sfos on PQ, but the instructions had said it would, so wasn't surprised.

After you've played with it a bit, you should start a new thread to describe your first impressions, etc...  also mention if you can get into the Jolla app store.  My understanding is that Jolla has to approve the device first; not sure if Pro1's allowed in yet...

Edited by Craig