Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?

Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?

• No
    • Probably not
    • Not sure
    • Probably yes
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, Zamasu said:

It took 9 workdays (11 actual days) from stock assigned (4th of November) to tracking codes (15th of November). However, last time it took 4 workdays between shipping from factory and getting stock assigned, and this time it only took 2 days. So they seem to be shifting things, making this in my opinion an unreliable method to estimate.

It's been 2 weeks since I got my "stock assigned" mail... so that mail does not mean much.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You forgot the "Hell no" option.  😉

Just get another phone now and the see later what i do regarding the Pro1. This is more of a principal issue for me at this point. This Pro1 is a "nice to have" not a "need to have" so since i on

This was an idea from @Tim6263 I personally will not be seeking a refund since there is no other device out there that compares to the Pro1's design, so I'm sticking with it.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, cmar said:

Yes it is hard to keep good mood due to the poor communication (which has been discussed again and again). I appreciated Erik effort to give update. However they turn out to be less close to reality than the guess of the "pessimistic member" of the forum saying already weeks ago that not all pre orders will be completed by Christmas. Last week they announced that stock assignement for 3rd batch will be distributed early this week. Up to now, no update despite multiple request, and we are still wondering what happened to the 3rd batch.

If I'm the "pessimistic member" that you're referring to, I'm actually not a pessimist, but a realist.  I have know for some time that there was no way all the preorders could be fulfilled by Christmas!  It wasn't a guess, it's from having experience.  There are just too many orders to be filled yet, and not enough devices going out such that the large numbers could be completed by Christmas.  Basic math, that's all.

However, personally, I'm not in any rush, and when it gets here it gets here.  I'm just happy they built the phone and customers have started receiving them; way to go F(x)tec!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Polaris said:

However, personally, I'm not in any rush, and when it gets here it gets here.  I'm just happy they built the phone and customers have started receiving them; way to go F(x)tec!

Good for you, now imagine your current phone is broken and you have already ordered one, and every week you are told it is arriving in one week. This is my situation

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, cmar said:

Good for you, now imagine your current phone is broken and you have already ordered one, and every week you are told it is arriving in one week. This is my situation

Have you seen the movie "The Money Pit"?

"Just Two Weeks" :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, anonim001 said:

It's been 2 weeks since I got my "stock assigned" mail... so that mail does not mean much.

Yup, which further reinforces my point that time of past shipments don't translate to current or future shipment times. Meaning we don't know when anything will ship aside from what we've been told, which we already now is unreliable at best.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, cmar said:

I'm sorry this is your situation; however, some friendly advice is to not sit at the edge of your seat waiting for this phone.  Clearly, history has shown that it's not going to arrive quickly.  Instead, get a used, inexpensive phone (ebay and others have them as low as $25 for a good working phone) and use it while waiting for the Pro1 to arrive.  I have always used a physical keyboard smartphone, so I completely understand what a bummer it would be to not have one, but a six month, or one year, wait (in total, not from today) isn't going to kill you.  I promise!  In the grand scheme of things, it's a short period of time.

41 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

Yup, which further reinforces my point that time of past shipments don't translate to current or future shipment times. Meaning we don't know when anything will ship aside from what we've been told, which we already now is unreliable at best.

Right, unreliable at best; thus, no reason for one to sit around biting one's nails to the bone wondering if today is going to be the day.  Better yet, as I see it, we should all just get out and enjoy life.  When the phone arrives it arrives.  As I have said a few times before, I think it best for all of us to assume the phone will arrive in July 2020, adjust our lives and plans with this as our expectation, and then be pleasantly surprised should it arrive before then.  I am practicing what I preach, and can say that I have zero anxiety over this phone and when it will arrive.  Life is just better this way, I promise this too!

4 hours ago, Polaris said:

As I have said a few times before, I think it best for all of us to assume the phone will arrive in July 2020, adjust our lives and plans with this as our expectation, and then be pleasantly surprised should it arrive before then.  I am practicing what I preach, and can say that I have zero anxiety over this phone and when it will arrive.  Life is just better this way, I promise this too!

Even though I got my tracking number...

I think it's fair to demand WHAT WE HAVE PAID FOR. When You are sitting for 3 hours in a restaurant starving, are You also that calm when every 10 minutes the waiter tells You You'll get Your meal which You have already paid for within next 5 minutes? Do other customers tell You to stop asking for Your meal and just go to the supermarket, eat something else and enjoy Your life instead of waiting? I'd like to see this.

Some people are not buying a different phone because they're being told the Pro1 comes within days. I'm one of them. The battery in my current phone has to be constantly charged, it can't hold even a few hours. It has to be charged wirelessly because the USB is broken. It's laggy, the screen is cracked. I bought myself a new one, but it can't reach my door and every time I'm re-considering demanding a refund for the X time they are trying to buy themselves another week by promising that it will come with the next shipment within a week.

And the worst thing I can read here is to "calm down, maybe it will come, maybe it will not".

Edited by anonim001
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, anonim001 said:

I think it's fair to demand WHAT WE HAVE PAID FOR. When You are sitting for 3 hours in a restaurant starving, are You also that calm when every 10 minutes the waiter tells You You'll get Your meal which You have already paid for within next 5 minutes? Do other customers tell You to stop asking for Your meal and just go to the supermarket, eat something else and enjoy Your life instead of waiting? I'd like to see this.

Some people are not buying a different phone because they're being told the Pro1 comes within days. I'm one of them. The battery in my current phone has to be constantly charged, it can't hold even a few hours. It has to be charged wirelessly because the USB is broken. It's laggy, the screen is cracked. I bought myself a new one, but it can't reach my door and every time I'm re-considering demanding a refund for the X time they are trying to buy themselves another week by promising that it will come with the next shipment within a week.

And the worst thing I can read here is to "calm down, maybe it will come, maybe it will not".

I never said "maybe it will come, maybe it will not."  Not certain where you got this quote from, but it certainly wasn't me!  As to your restaurant analogy, you have two choices there, as you do here.  Either quit bitching and realize that IT WILL COME, just not right now, or request a refund.  I fail to see the problem, other than awful communication on the part of F(x)tec.  Because their communication is so bad (although slightly better now that Erik is posting at least every week), you should have realized loooooong ago it's NOT going to arrive "within days!"  Guess what?  The only way it will come within days is if you have a tracking number with proof that it's in a 3rd party carrier's delivery system, and there is a specific expected date for delivery (and this doesn't even a guarantee an exact delivery date).  It's this simple!  Really!  Thus, you are wearing yourself out by expending so much energy getting upset.

As for buying a different phone, you can buy something workable on ebay for $15 to $20.  Could have been using it for weeks now and not be frustrated by cracked screens and broken USB ports!  I'm sorry to say, but I just don't see life about to end because F(x)tec ran into a few stumbling blocks, especially when there are other inexpensive solutions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
8 hours ago, anonim001 said:

Since everyone else is screwed anyway... see if you can figure out any problems and report them, so they can be resolved before anyone else discovers them.

7 hours ago, Polaris said:

I never said "maybe it will come, maybe it will not."  Not certain where you got this quote from, but it certainly wasn't me!  As to your restaurant analogy, you have two choices there, as you do here.  Either quit bitching and realize that IT WILL COME, just not right now, or request a refund.  I fail to see the problem, other than awful communication on the part of F(x)tec.  Because their communication is so bad (although slightly better now that Erik is posting at least every week), you should have realized loooooong ago it's NOT going to arrive "within days!"  Guess what?  The only way it will come within days is if you have a tracking number with proof that it's in a 3rd party carrier's delivery system, and there is a specific expected date for delivery (and this doesn't even a guarantee an exact delivery date).  It's this simple!  Really!  Thus, you are wearing yourself out by expending so much energy getting upset.

As for buying a different phone, you can buy something workable on ebay for $15 to $20.  Could have been using it for weeks now and not be frustrated by cracked screens and broken USB ports!  I'm sorry to say, but I just don't see life about to end because F(x)tec ran into a few stumbling blocks, especially when there are other inexpensive solutions.

If You are that much into details...

1. I did not write anywhere You said that, I wrote  "I can read here". You're not the only one posting here.

2. If something is not a problem for You does not mean it isn't a problem for someone else - deal with it.

There are 2 sides of this barricade. Everything has been here already said on both sides, You didn't say here anything new, neither did I. So just let people say what they think and stop calming them down or "bitching" as You called it (yeah, that is what You did here, isn't it?) when someone asks You not to. What they are doing is letting their frustration go. What You are doing is trying to white Fx out, sometimes rudely, which in this case is totally not reasonable.

Edited by anonim001
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
54 minutes ago, Craig said:

Since everyone else is screwed anyway... see if you can figure out any problems and report them, so they can be resolved before anyone else discovers them.

I hope I'll be able to help somehow making this thing better, despite terrible first impressions 

We now have the information that batches are leaving the factory about every week and each batch covers about 10-20% of the pre-orders. I would advice people to do the math and estimate the delivery time. It takes atleast 5 weeks + shipping time to fulfill the pre-orders. Probably it is more than 10 weeks but not so much later than that. If you can't wait that long then just ask refund and maybe consider again when there is public availability. If you want to wait but your current phone cannot hold on for that long then try to buy something that do not cause big loss to you. Maybe buy something very cheap or used phone that you can sell nearly to same price after few weeks.

The fact is that devices are coming and 2 batches already (mostly) delivered.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, anonim001 said:

2. If something is not a problem for You does not mean it isn't a problem for someone else - deal with it.

I'm dealing with it, just trying to help you not be so wound up.  I can't imagine it's fun, but if that's what you want then, by all means, knock yourself out!

18 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

We now have the information that batches are leaving the factory about every week and each batch covers about 10-20% of the pre-orders. I would advice people to do the math and estimate the delivery time. It takes atleast 5 weeks + shipping time to fulfill the pre-orders. Probably it is more than 10 weeks but not so much later than that. If you can't wait that long then just ask refund and maybe consider again when there is public availability. If you want to wait but your current phone cannot hold on for that long then try to buy something that do not cause big loss to you. Maybe buy something very cheap or used phone that you can sell nearly to same price after few weeks.

Very well said.  Couldn't agree more!

28 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

To be honest, looking how the things go in the last weeks (and their communication after this bit of information), I'm not really sure about those 10-20% anymore.

If you were lied one time, you won't believe it the second time.

I don't think we were lied actively, at least not with bad will. But we were misinformed many times and this hasn't changed yet.

The last time they said that the second batch will be sent out on mid-november. Then it was the 20th november and it was actually sent nine days later. Almost nobody got his device yet.

The support also still talks about Christmas for general availability, although we all know that won't be possible.

I will wait. I don't urgently need it and I don't need the money either. I don't care about a better processor launched since then.

The only thing I ask you is to have empathy with those who actually need it and those who are done with waiting. There's absolutely no legitimation of telling them to stop complaining. The communication is still bad and we are objectively still treated as trash and an improvement is not to be expected soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

The support also still talks about Christmas for general availability, although we all know that won't be possible.

The only thing I ask you is to have empathy with those who actually need it and those who are done with waiting. There's absolutely no legitimation of telling them to stop complaining. The communication is still bad and we are objectively still treated as trash and an improvement is not to be expected soon.

Right, Christmas is a pipe dream!  If you want to believe it, go right ahead, but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment!

Just to clarify, I have plenty of empathy, so much so that I was trying to offer friendly advice so they won't be so anxious and driving themselves crazy.  Again, if they want live in this heightened state of anxiousness, then they can have fun with that, no problem here, I'm certainly won't stop them.  However, it's a a good idea to have a general understanding of basic math and apply it here.  It's just a fact that most of us won't be getting our devices before Christmas (as you stated as well)!  Once accepted, this realization can be soothing instead of nerve wracking.

Also, if they are really "done with waiting," then they should simply request a refund.  I don't think the refund route is a smart move, but to each their own.

Edited by Polaris
29 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Right, Christmas is a pipe dream!  If you want to believe it, go right ahead, but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment!

Just to clarify, I have plenty of empathy, so much so that I was trying to offer friendly advice so they won't be so anxious and driving themselves crazy.  Again, if they want live in this heightened state of anxiousness, then they can have fun with that, no problem here, I'm certainly won't stop them.  However, it's a a good idea to have a general understanding of basic math and apply it here.  It's just a fact that most of us won't be getting our devices before Christmas (as you stated as well)!  Once accepted, this realization can be soothing instead of nerve wracking.

Also, if they are really "done with waiting," then they should simply request a refund.  I don't think the refund route is a smart move, but to each their own.

So you agree that FxTec can't be trusted. That means, we should all go for a refund. (who would pay 700€/$ to a company that can't be trusted?)

If that's the way to go, the company will go bankrupt and nobody receives their phone.

What you are doing is defending this misinformation and bad communication. If you talk about basic math but the support still tells me shipping is on Christmas, those must be lies.

No, I don't accept that from a company and that's why I (and many others) criticise it. If we wouldn't but we would "leave the restaurant", they would probably learn lesson but nobody would receive anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Polaris said:

I never said "maybe it will come, maybe it will not."  Not certain where you got this quote from, but it certainly wasn't me!

9 hours ago, Polaris said:

Either quit bitching and realize that IT WILL COME

That's my biggest issue with what you're saying. You're implying there's no way they'll not deliver, which just isn't 100% confirmed. You can argue about how likely it is, but you can't argue that a startup has no chance of going bankrupt.

2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

We now have the information that batches are leaving the factory about every week and each batch covers about 10-20% of the pre-orders. I would advice people to do the math and estimate the delivery time.

Again, that information is unreliable at best. Might as well do the math and just make some numbers up in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SchattengestaIt said:

If you were lied one time, you won't believe it the second time.

I don't think we were lied actively, at least not with bad will. But we were misinformed many times and this hasn't changed yet.

There are definitely broken promises here yeah, which probably feel very similar as lies to the people on the receiving end. Personally I also don't really believe they truly believed some of the things they have said (like only finding out the second batch would be smaller a couple of days before shipping), but there's no proof of it. So personally I'd think they're liars, but again, no proof so I don't want to just throw that around.

Also just generally, people might just want the device still but still be sick of waiting or be extremely done with the company behind the device. I'm definitely sick of waiting, but I will still wait just because I want the device. I have accepted that I probably won't have the device this year, but that doesn't mean I'm not sick of waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, kashif said:

@Polaris have you already got yours?

Not even close!!  I'm following my advice and planning on July 2020.  If it arrives before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  This keeps me calm, cool, and collected. 😀

2 hours ago, anonim001 said:

It's a known fact that telling angry people to calm down is just making them more angry.

I'm not telling, I'm suggesting.  I often heed other peoples suggestions, I find many of them helpful.  Should you not want to take mine, then so be it.  No worries!  Also, didn't you say in another thread that you got a tracking number?  If so, congratulations but then why all the anger?

2 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

So you agree that FxTec can't be trusted. That means, we should all go for a refund. (who would pay 700€/$ to a company that can't be trusted?)

If that's the way to go, the company will go bankrupt and nobody receives their phone.

Huh?  I'm sorry, but I'm confused.  I didn't say anything about getting a refund other than "I don't think the refund route is a smart move, but to each their own."  As I read it, I was saying not to ask for a refund.

1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

That's my biggest issue with what you're saying. You're implying there's no way they'll not deliver, which just isn't 100% confirmed. You can argue about how likely it is, but you can't argue that a startup has no chance of going bankrupt.

Agreed! I can't 100% guarantee anything, but odds are you will get your phone.  In what you quoted, I was simply saying I wasn't the one who said it may or may not come.  I believe you, others, and I will all get our phones.....eventually.  However, if anyone strongly believes that he/she won't get a phone, then cancel the order and wait till they get caught up.  They are processing refunds right away, and (hopefully) sometime before July 2020 they'll be all caught up and anyone will be able to order a phone and have it shipped the same day (or very close to the same day).  Just like walking across the street.  We all do it because the odds are we won't be killed by a motorist.  However, if you strongly believe you'll be killed then don't walk across the street.  Seems very clear to me! 😀

Edited by Polaris
1 hour ago, Polaris said:

However, if anyone strongly believes that he/she won't get a phone, then cancel the order and wait till they get caught up.

People could also believe that the chance of getting the phone decreases over time for various reasons, so it might be in their best interest to not cancel even if they believe the company might be in trouble.

But I think I might be arguing past you, since you said you can't guarantee it which was basically my point. It seemed that by using "will" you were implying it will come, but it's just what you believe which, fair enough, you don't need to mention with every thought. Personally I also think there's a very high chance they're able to deliver every phone that's been ordered, things like them still processing refunds quickly and still working on the software etc. makes me think that. It's just that there's still an inherent risk that's significantly larger than pre-ordering an iPhone or something, and a it feels like the thought that delivery is guaranteed is pretty rampant here.

2 hours ago, ToniCipriani said:

I'm not in a rush. Priv still acceptable for use, albeit the new battery I put in has been draining pretty bad lately. If I reboot it once or twice a month it runs fine.

Nice that you are being so patient, but anyone still stuck with having to use a Priv should be moved to the top of the list in order to end their misery! 😁

Edited by Polaris
  • Haha 2

I sent the following message to support about 10 min ago...

Placed my pre-order on 09MAR2019.

Paid in full on 01AUG2019 when I got the payment request.

Order number 83xx.  Total $698.54 including tax.

On 06NOV2019 I contacted support asking where my phone was as it had been 96 days since my credit card was charged.

In part, the reply was

'The first batch of the Pro1 has now been shipped, and some of our customers will start having their orders delivered in the coming week. As this is a relatively small batch, it doesn't seem like it includes your order. The next batches will follow in mid-November. Please keep an eye on your email for the latest updates.'

It is now the middle of December, 138 days since my card was charged.

Three days ago, my current phone died while traveling.  I was forced to find a cheap, right NOW replacement... an HTC626.

I am now using a 5 year old phone that was pretty low performance when it was new.

By the time you get this, it will be 15DEC2019.

I no longer have any more time to waste.  I need to get a replacement phone now.

So, by 31DEC2019, I either need a tracking number showing that the phone is in the hands of the carrier, (not a 'shipping label generated' message), or a full refund to my credit card.

At that time, you will have had 153 days since payment to have filled my order.

Enough is enough.

If you will be unable to complete my order by 31DEC2019, please refund my payment.

Thank you,

--

• Like 2
  • Sad 1