Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?

Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on seeking a refund if you do not receive your device by Christmas (Dec 25)?

• No
    • Probably not
    • Not sure
    • Probably yes
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You forgot the "Hell no" option.  😉

Just get another phone now and the see later what i do regarding the Pro1. This is more of a principal issue for me at this point. This Pro1 is a "nice to have" not a "need to have" so since i on

This was an idea from @Tim6263 I personally will not be seeking a refund since there is no other device out there that compares to the Pro1's design, so I'm sticking with it.

Posted Images

Yes, by Christmas '20 for sure! 

Edit: I have given up hope as it's quite obvious for me that I will not get my order (paid 2nd Aug) before end of this year. It seems they are facing some serious production issues and it will take it's own sweet time. So I am only hopeful that by end of Jan '20 I should receive mine. Cheers! 

Edited by rejujacob
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Christmas has always been an arbitrary limit they imposed themselves, and I don't particularly care for it. Obviously I would like to have it before then, but it's not my limit. I'm personally waiting until my bank's protection are about to run out, and will be seeking a refund slightly before that. That's still a couple of months away at least.

• Like 3

For me, it highly depends on their communication. If they tell me on 5th december, that it can or will delay to january or even february, that's alright for me.

If they tell me that the third batch will be sent out at latest on 15th december and then there will be absolutely no communication about the progress (as we experience it currently - again), then I will most probably refund. Especially, when they continue to promise stuff that they they know they can't fulfill.

Anyways, although the communication is gone again, I'm still hopeful that we get the devices before christmas. Not because of us, really, but because of other vendors that sell their devices directly and that spend a lot of money into advertisement to do so before christmas.

Before we haven't received all of our devices, there won't be general availability and a lot of money will be lost. Not even speaking about broken contracts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There indeed should be a "hell no" option. I need the phone, will never cancel, not even if it takes them years. Nobody else is doing this, it's a challenging endeavor, they need all the support they can get and personally I really wish they succeed :).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I guess I am just holding on for an Xmas miracle and if it comes before the 31st that would be great. I WANT this phone and the company to succeed but at this point I also need a phone that works...

I can not commit to an answer yet but hopefully comms come often and honestly so I will not think about a refund (or at least have an educated choice).

• Like 2

Requested a refund today.

I have not enjoyed the journey these last few months with fxtec. The misscommunication, moving timelines, and defensiveness when called out on it instead of correcting have soured me on supporting them and the project.

I will buy another (non-hardware keyboard) phone and hope the market receives more alternatives, or ill pick up a used one down the line perhaps.

All the best to you all, hope you get yours for Christmas and it is worth the wait for you.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3
Just now, ksal95 said:

If you get the stock assigned email after your cancellation will you reinstate it or just get one later like you previously mentioned?

Just get another phone now and the see later what i do regarding the Pro1.

This is more of a principal issue for me at this point. This Pro1 is a "nice to have" not a "need to have" so since i only really have negatives to think about the whole project, ill just walk away.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

People really shouldn't be coy about the lack of discrepancy between the company's hopeful wishes and what they present to customers as timeframes.

At best it's unintentionally ignorant, at worst deceitful, and it's possible precisely because they have little to lose by way of cancellations and refunds.

So no, most of us won't be punishing them for 6 months of interest, because the cost of re-acquiring it at a higher price comes to the same.

But that doesn't mean we have to shut up about it either. A little tough love goes a long way and hopefully they can be more transparent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, Adrienspawn said:

People really shouldn't be coy about the lack of discrepancy between the company's hopeful wishes and what they present to customers as timeframes.

At best it's unintentionally ignorant, at worst deceitful, and it's possible precisely because they have little to lose by way of cancellations and refunds.

So no, most of us won't be punishing them for 6 months of interest, because the cost of re-acquiring it at a higher price comes to the same.

But that doesn't mean we have to shut up about it either. A little tough love goes a long way and hopefully they can be more transparent.

Well, I wouldn't say that they will earn more money if we all refund and just go our way.

As electristan said: for most of us it's a nice to have, not a "need to have". Not all of us would buy the thing afterwards when it's released to the public when they were deceived multiple times. I wouldn't.

I don't want to start over all those discussions, not in this thread. But we all agree that errors can be made and unseen problems can appear. But we also agree that since we paid for it, we deserve at least some information.

If there won't be any and if there won't be devices, there won't be money for Fxtec. Easy as that.

3 hours ago, netman said:

There indeed should be a "hell no" option. I need the phone, will never cancel, not even if it takes them years. Nobody else is doing this, it's a challenging endeavor, they need all the support they can get and personally I really wish they succeed :).

100% Agreed. Nothing to add. 😄 👍

Edited by Shilor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Adrienspawn said:

I would say it is intentional and there's clearly a pattern, therefore I cancelled. I'll pay the extra $50 for full price, but I don't like the notion of fxtec holding onto my money interest free for months at a time. I hope they enjoyed my loan and put it to good use but I couldn't wait any longer. I really wish they were forthcoming about how long it would take, I wouldn't have waited so long to replace my ageing LG v20. Make all the excuses you want for them but we're at least 5 months out (and counting) from when they originally planned to start selling and they've only shipped a handful of devices so far.

Make no mistake the pro1 will be my next phone but they broke my patience. Even when I cancelled they said delays are mostly over, you're in the next batch. Just keep lying I guess... But not for me, sorry. I'll be back when the dust settles. Hopefully by then, development will have picked up and all the bugs will be worked out too. At least now I don't have to obsessively check forums, Twitter and everything else about where my 700 went and of this phone will get delivered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I do not think F(x) Tec is lying to me.  I have my "stock assigned" email #2.  Maybe I will get a tracking number in a week and believe that is their intention, but I will not feel lied to if I don't see that tracking number before Jan 2020. I believe they are a very small, new company with too much optimism and not enough experience or influence on the third parties they depend on.

Could their communication be better about those facts.  Theoretically-- but pragmatically, when you are knee deep in a project not going as you envisioned, my observation is that good communication is first to go down the tubes.  As I have said many times, that will get fixed when they are finally in market phase.

And, frankly, I am glad they are doing a good amount of QC at the cost of having to scrap inventory rather than asking me to do it for them like the big boys do to me. 

And then there's the question of should they have collected money when they did not yet have a product. Well, they did, they didn't hide that fact and we gave them our money. Frankly, I would not have done so to a small, untried product that had not entered manufacturing yet if I couldn't afford to have my money tied up for a while. I bought a meh phone when my good phone died in May, but I may actually consider buying a good slab to be a backup phone to the Pro 1 if this takes much longer. That won't make me want the Pro 1 less or ask for a refund. My lack of good phone is not really their problem.

Frankly, their "official" communication has been clear with their intentions even though things to not ever seem to turn out as they wish.  That's okay.  And I understand not wanting to keep updating because the sands are shifting. I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack on that. A lot of the drama in the production thread seems to be churned up as much by conspiracy theories about how Chen and company are lying to them as from actual things that they have officially said.

It's not that I'm not sympathetic to the frustration and if you need the money back from them to get a phone now, that's what you have to do.  My only concern is if I would never get a Pro 1. That would only come about if the business failed before they could ship.  Even with the few cancellations, I don't see that happening, but I'm hoping there won't be a run on this bank as I really want this phone.  And I will wait as long as I need to.

What they are doing is incredibly hard and incredibly courageous and they are not in any way trying to rip me off.  So go, F(X) Tec, and thanks!

Edited by Hook
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2