Factory Restore Tool

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please note, this is not an official FxTec tool.  It is my own creation.  FxTec should not be expected to support this tool or any damage caused by its use.   This tool will allow you to res

Okay all, I finally found some time to look at this some more.  As it turns out, the xbl partitions are not actually being written by the current package due to a bug in the programming instructions. 

Nope, I won't send him a bill, he got the refund as requested. 🙂 It's working, so I'm fine. I'll also offer unbrick-services in my shop, probably free for users who bought from me and everyo

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Hi @tdm. Is the CLI version still around?

On macOS M1 (ARM based), the GUI one doesn't like libpng built for ARM, so I tried to use the CLI, but the link appears dead.

Thanks!

Unfortunately we have not seen @tdm active in here for quite a while, so I guess you should look for other sources (with a little luck someone saved a copy)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys

I had me pro1 in the drawer box for i while now since it won't boot.

Tried today to EDL flash it, everything seems good, device is detected as it should, flashing progress is going as it should. 

When flashing is done, i see the message that I can remove the device. 

But, it only boots in to fastboot, don't boot normally and won't boot to recovery. 

Any ideas? 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so, managed to bring new life in my beloved device.

1. disassemled the unit to accss and manually charged the battery, this stopped the strange boot loop.

(phone still only goes to fastboot)

2. instead of using my pretty new computer running win10 I connected it to my 13 year old laptop running Debian made it able to communicate in fastboot.

3. flashed original ROM via fastboot

4. (almost a bit embarresed to say but...) manually change active slot via fastboot. Now it boots 😁

5. flash Lineage again and change active slot once more, and now it's runninge perfectly fine again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, pebert said:

so, managed to bring new life in my beloved device.

1. disassemled the unit to accss and manually charged the battery, this stopped the strange boot loop.

2. instead of using my pretty new computer running win10 I connected it to my 13 year old laptop running Debian made it able to communicate in fastboot.

3. flashed original ROM via fastboot

4. (almost a bit embarresed to say but...) manually change active slot via fastboot. Now it boots 😁

5. flash Lineage again and change active slot once more, and now it's runninge perfectly fine again

Although I am primarily a Windows user (I have one main activity that uses Windows only software, so it is just more convenient to have everything in one place), I use Majaro on an old Thinkpad for all my ADB  and Fastboot stuff with my Pro1 an Pro1x.  It just always works. I recommend an old computer with Linux for any Windows user wanting to do a lot of flashing. :) 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, pebert said:

It is a known issue that it is quite picky on especially fastboot. Often a USB2-port works better. For me it does not work directly on any port on the laptop, but I got a Thunderbolt docking, and it works fine connecting to a USB3 port on that...