tdm

Factory Restore Tool

1 hour ago, Laska said:

Hello @tdm,

Can I use this tool to update my modified rom without losing data?

I'm not sure what you mean.  This tool is intended to put your phone back to factory state.  You may choose to not flash data, in which case it will preserve your existing data.

I want to update system but I've made changes to system partition and so I can't use ota updater. My goal is to flash update without losing access to data partition. Last time when I've flashed only /system via fastboot my data partition was locked with password and I have to format it.

56 minutes ago, Laska said:

I want to update system but I've made changes to system partition and so I can't use ota updater. My goal is to flash update without losing access to data partition. Last time when I've flashed only /system via fastboot my data partition was locked with password and I have to format it.

I cannot guarantee that but you can try.

5 hours ago, Laska said:

Is there any way to disable data partition encryption permanently?

Encryption is specified in the fstab, /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom.  Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the fstab on stock due to Android security measures.  You should be able to successfully edit the fstab on Lineage.

• Thanks 1

I'm rooted with magisk. Maybe there is some module for this task? Magisk can access this folder with mirror.

6 minutes ago, Laska said:

I'm rooted with magisk. Maybe there is some module for this task? Magisk can access this folder with mirror.

You should be able to use a text editor to adjust these since you already have root. 

3 minutes ago, D1ggs said:

You should be able to use a text editor to adjust these since you already have root. 

Unfortunately no. Even with root /vendor partition is unaccessible.

Hey @tdm.  The folks over at the unofficial discord said this may interest you.  I tried using the factory restore tool with both the July 2020 and October 2019 qfps to reflash stock from LineageOS.  Pro1 got past boot splash, but then kept boot looping into the bootloader.  Selecting "reboot to recovery" would loop right back into the bootloader. 

I was able to flash the lineage recovery and get LOS installed again, so at least I can use the phone.  Would like to have the option of getting back to stock though, and your factory restore tool seems like the best option.  Thank you for putting the work into it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wichtrav said:

Hey @tdm.  The folks over at the unofficial discord said this may interest you.  I tried using the factory restore tool with both the July 2020 and October 2019 qfps to reflash stock from LineageOS.  Pro1 got past boot splash, but then kept boot looping into the bootloader.  Selecting "reboot to recovery" would loop right back into the bootloader. 

I was able to flash the lineage recovery and get LOS installed again, so at least I can use the phone.  Would like to have the option of getting back to stock though, and your factory restore tool seems like the best option.  Thank you for putting the work into it.

Yes that is interesting. I have used the earlier package myself and I have reports that that later one works also.

Perhaps you could try Chen's fastboot package and see if that works?

3 minutes ago, tdm said:

Perhaps you could try Chen's fastboot package and see if that works?

Before anyone asks:

• Thanks 2

The first thing I tried was Chen's fastboot script.  Rebooting from that hung at the bootsplash and never got to the bootloader.

Do I have to start the phone and associate my google credentials to get Android and the phone running BEFORE I can load LineageOS? I was hoping to avoid ALL attachment to Google if possible.

3 minutes ago, msemmett said:

Do I have to start the phone and associate my google credentials to get Android and the phone running BEFORE I can load LineageOS? I was hoping to avoid ALL attachment to Google if possible.

Nope, you can install LineageOS from a factory fresh state.  But please do post LineageOS questions in the LineageOS thread.  Thanks!

• Like 1