FX Tec response time on emails requesting a refund.

I pre-ordered this phone eons ago and paid for it several months ago back in summer. I previously spoke with Fx Tec about a refund a couple of weeks ago but decided to give them till the end of December. Then the most recent update comes out stating that they may not get me a phone until the end of January. I no longer have confidence in Fx Tecs ability to deliver me a phone so I sent over an email last week requesting a refund given the current update. I have followed up on my request now twice and not received a response. This is super poor customer service and I'm annoyed that I might now how to involve my credit card company to get this taken care of.

Edited by EskeRahn
made neutral title
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The team is going through them all, we are not ignoring anyone. Please be aware that replying to unanswered tickets will bump it to the end of the queue. That's how all help desks work from the back e

Then say Pro1 three times out loud (or once with a scottish accent)

So, the upshot of this thread is that the title is clickbait.  They aren't ignoring anyone's refund request. 🙄

5 minutes ago, gfragkistas said:

I have the same problem. Please advise how many days we should allow to get a response and our money back into our account 

Everything is up to date for the last 24 hours right now as far as I know. If you have a ticket that's been open for less than 24 hours or just under, it will probably be answered in the next working day - tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Erik said:

The team is going through them all, we are not ignoring anyone. Please be aware that replying to unanswered tickets will bump it to the end of the queue. That's how all help desks work from the back end, including the one we use - Zendesk. If you keep replying periodically without us having had a chance to check it, we will never get the message. Give it some time without replying and we'll get to your request. This is implemented to keep it fair for everyone - queries are answered from the oldest to the newest. A reply to a ticket, whether it's ours or yours, qualifies as an update, therefore it goes to the end of the queue in our list.

Thanks, I did not know this. That seems counter-intuitive.

• Like 1

Submitted a support ticket requesting a refund about 50 hours ago.  F(x)Tec emailed to check I really did want to cancel, considering that devices were now being delivered.  I confirmed that I did want to.  Refund has now arrived in my account.  So, at least in my case, they were quite prompt.  Next step: Clove UK can provide me with the phone instead 🙂 ... cheaper, because they offer free-of-charge shipping in the UK.

Edited by Jim Chapman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, Jim Chapman said:

Submitted a support ticket requesting a refund about 50 hours ago.  F(x)Tec emailed to check I really did want to cancel, considering that devices were now being delivered.  I confirmed that I did want to.  Refund has now arrived in my account.  So, at least in my case, they were quite prompt.  Next step: Clove UK can provide me with the phone instead 🙂 ... cheaper, because they offer free-of-charge shipping in the UK.

Boo! Selling your soul to the reseller devil for a buck that takes 100 out of F(x)tec's not deep pockets. This is short-sighted.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Boo! Selling your soul to the reseller devil for a buck that takes 100 out of F(x)tec's not deep pockets. This is short-sighted.

I think it's not that black or white. While it sucks that fxtec mostly lost pre orderers to the resellers (which is honestly their fault at this point) at least with how fast the reseller stock was sold out this should send out a good signal that there is demand for the pro1 which bodes well for keyboard sliders in general (hopefully). Also I wouldn't expect the deal with the resellers to be so bad compared to production costs, what is the point of dealing with them in the first place then?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Hook said:

So, the upshot of this thread is that the title is clickbait.  They aren't ignoring anyone's refund request. 🙄

More that they were too impatient, and thought they were ignoring them. 24 to 48 hours to get a reply isn't fantastic, but it's definitely not bad in my opinion. I would get worried about not getting a reply after 48 hours, or possibly a week if it's not urgent. Which does not seem to be the case here.

So, just misinformed. Clickbait to me implies that they knew the title was wrong, i.e. a lie.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

More that they were too impatient, and thought they were ignoring them. 24 to 48 hours to get a reply isn't fantastic, but it's definitely not bad in my opinion. I would get worried about not getting a reply after 48 hours, or possibly a week if it's not urgent. Which does not seem to be the case here.

So, just misinformed. Clickbait to me implies that they knew the title was wrong, i.e. a lie.

It’s typically within 24 hours, but it’s the busiest time of the year for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

After I tell here all my principle and now I know that this Forum is NOT an official Forum from F(x)-tec even it is under the same Domain. It is out from a official Support Team and only a Area to play. I would seperate this community to an other side that it look's not like a cared part of the company but this is only my opinion.

But for this Thread I can only tell, all my written mail's to the official support are answered in maximum of 12 hours time and all my question are sorted.

I did my Refund and all went professional even with a sorry and nice words.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay so.. the refund for the device I never got from FxTec is back. From what I can deduce from my emails it took them about 2 weeks. I confirmed their email asking whether I really want to cancel my order and get a refund on the 21st of December and got my money onto my credit card on the 2nd of January. If you take all the holidays into account, I must say FxTec was very fast on this matter.

Now I am waiting for them to find a solution to my broken display replacement. I ordered a display from Aliexpress, so I will be trying to replace it myself once it arrives, but FxTec-support told me I was the first with the issue and they are looking into it.

Anyway: if you are afraid of not getting your money back - I don't think you should be (judging by my own experience).

• Thanks 2

Would I be a bad person if I thought the screen breaking is karma for cutting in line? Sure, the lawyers for the resellers made it possible, but cutting in line is bad behavior. Period. Those of you who cancelled your preorders in favor of reseller orders all seem to be so smug that you got yours ahead of the rest of us suckers who are still trying to do the right thing and wait our turn. I'm really tired of hearing about it. If you're going to cheat, keep it to yourself.

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Would I be a bad person if I thought the screen breaking is karma for cutting in line? Sure, the lawyers for the resellers made it possible, but cutting in line is bad behavior. Period. Those of you who cancelled your preorders in favor of reseller orders all seem to be so smug that you got yours ahead of the rest of us suckers who are still trying to do the right thing and wait our turn. I'm really tired of hearing about it. If you're going to cheat, keep it to yourself.

Let me clarify my feelings on this: not only is it rude to cut in line, but it is incredibly shortsighted. This is a very special device, and we are its enthusiasts--the Guardians of the Clack, so to speak. If we do not do what is necessary to make this device a success, and it fails, the odds are good that no one will attempt it again.

While it is annoying that some retailers got their devices ahead of us, the wise response would have been to leave those devices for non-enthusiasts, shopping for their next impulse buy phone, who then could come to love the Clack, and become enthusiasts, thereby broadening the customer base for the keyboard phone. Taking those phones for a few of ourselves who just refused to wait a few more weeks to get our Clacks not only takes badly-needed (I assume) capital away from F(x)tec, but also takes away an opportunity for a member of the general public who happened to be shopping that retailer to become a Clack lover.

In brief, a few people here were willing to hurt the company in the long term to get their devices a few weeks sooner. I find that appalling, and would appreciate it if those of you did so would stop rubbing our noses in it.

Edited by silversolver
typo
3 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Your crossposting this doesn't really make it more agreeable. I'll just link to my original reply here.

(I wasn't replying to @Krzysieq, of course.)

I cross-posted because I had said similar things to two different people in two different threads, and felt both grouchy-sounding posts deserved additional explanation. 😮 I can't deny that it's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it, but on the other hand, no single snowflake believes it is to blame for the avalanche, but it is nonetheless partly to blame. I sincerely hope that F(x)tec is going to be in business in 100 years, but if they're gone by the end of the year, will short-sighted people who just refused to wait any longer be at least a little to blame? I think the answer is self-evident.

• Erik locked this topic