Pro1 first-day-user questions

1 minute ago, Gon009 said:

You can listen to what is happening when I move my finger left and right on the phone, first I show that everything is OK on the top and then I do the same on the bottom, you need to put your volume up to hear that because quality of my mic in old phone is poor:

https://youtu.be/dysNIZc5Pyw

The same happens the I tap the screen stronger.

It was like that from the start, it seems that phones don't pass proper quality checks after assembling. I wish I could ask for a replacement but I know I will have to wait few months for it... Shame on Fxtec.

Just tried exactly that. Nothing at all.
I would wait until the hottest phase is over and then send it in (in maybe 2 months)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That bug has been fixed with the latest OTA update, yes 🙂

I would venture to say most of us don't want any of that, having a keyboard gives me full control of that myself..... however that doesn't mean the toggles to turn it on/off shouldn't be there for peo

For those of you wants to have word suggestions, try using Swift key instead of GBoard. It has most of the features, if not all, as a software keyboard. Because most users wants clean Android, we

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

You can listen to what is happening when I move my finger left and right on the phone, first I show that everything is OK on the top and then I do the same on the bottom, you need to put your volume up to hear that because quality of my mic in old phone is poor:

https://youtu.be/dysNIZc5Pyw

The same happens the I tap the screen stronger.

It was like that from the start, it seems that phones don't pass proper quality checks after assembling. I wish I could ask for a replacement but I know I will have to wait few months for it... Shame on Fxtec.

Since you are quite familiar with Pro1 now, could you help me fix it in any way so my phone doesn't feel like a cheap Chinese toy, please?

I see what you are talking about, but I wouldn't call that a wobble, nor a lack of build quality (mine does that too, but only when I force it to, not in every day handling).  The phone has moving parts.  You would not like the effect if they didn't move.  😉

7 minutes ago, Hook said:

I see what you are talking about, but I wouldn't call that a wobble, nor a lack of build quality (mine does that too, but only when I force it to, not in every day handling).  The phone has moving parts.  You would not like the effect if they didn't move.  😉

I don't need to force it actually. I can just slide my finger from left to right and I head that noise and it happens in every day handling. If I lightly tap bottom right side of the phone when the hinge is I can also hear that sound. For me this is a lack of build quality, especially because no one else experience issues like these it seems.

In the video I wasn't even forcing it that much.

EDIT: Also, the top hinge is completely fine and from what I see they aren't different in construction.

Edited by Gon009
8 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

I don't need to force it actually. I can just slide my finger from left to right and I head that noise and it happens in every day handling. If I lightly tap bottom right side of the phone when the hinge is I can also hear that sound. For me this is a lack of build quality, especially because no one else experience issues like these it seems.

In the video I wasn't even forcing it that much.

EDIT: Also, the top hinge is completely fine and from what I see they aren't different in construction.

Well, if you aren't pressing then, no, I don't have it.  Also, as you would expect, I only get it pressing hard length-wise.  side-to-side I don't get it at all.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:29 AM, anonim001 said:

Agreed about the software, for me it's bad enough to go back to my old Galaxy S7 (also if it wasn't faulty) as my daily driver and Pro1 stay with me as a toy to play with (and get used to that looong keyboard) in free time until some updates come out, for example for the keyboard.

^this is the reason I put my Pro1 back in it's box and only use it whenever i'm on the go: Android is fuarrrking garbage compared to Maemo, ergonomics, apps and bugs wise.

Speaking of the screen, I still need to nag Chen into sending me a replacement display because of a stuck green pixel on my Pro1.

Edited by Wasmachineman_NL
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Wasmachineman_NL said:

^this is the reason I put my Pro1 back in it's box and only use it whenever i'm on the go: Android is fuarrrking garbage compared to Maemo, ergonomics, apps and bugs wise.

Speaking of the screen, I still need to nag Chen into sending me a replacement display because of a stuck green pixel on my Pro1.

It's not about the Android experience, it's about the bugs with keyboard support and some other basic stuff (most of them can be resolved with a different laucher, though). Since the phone was designed to use Android natively, I don't expect any other system to work better than that at the moment. I just want to give them some time.

Speaking of time, I wrote them about my hardware problem on Friday last week in the afternoon/evening, didn't hear from them so far 😞 but it's Christmas, I'll give them some more time... I also don't think they'll send the replacement parts yet - we know those will be available after the phones are in a general availability on the market.

@edit: maybe @Erik could help here? Is there any other official e-mail address for warranty claims or just the one shared with support? What will the warranty repair process look like? How long can/should it take to repair/replace the device - are there any timelines?

Edited by anonim001
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rdallen said:

In case anyone is missing autocorrect, automatic capitalization, or predictive text, I learned that SwiftKey gives you the option to add a row of that at the bottom of the screen. I have the best of both worlds now. 

Now that was a really helpful hint. Never even considered that a surrogate-keyboard app would be hardware keyboard aware. Good job Swiftkey! Will try some similar to see if they can do the same, and perhaps (even) better.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EL Duderachi said:

Hello,

First week into the Pro1.

Is splitscreen an option on this phone? Lets say: message app and youtube open next to eachother on landscape homescreen?

If so: how can this be done?

Thanks,

ED

Yes, a build in option in Pie, Not all app supports it though.

In the task.switcher tap and hold the icon above, and there can be an option "split screen"

• Thanks 1

For those of you wants to have word suggestions, try using Swift key instead of GBoard. It has most of the features, if not all, as a software keyboard.

Because most users wants clean Android, we decided to only pre-load GBoard, and Google has dropped their support for hardware keyboard on GBoard unfortunately.

So try Swift key and that will make a big difference.

On the other side, we are aware of the issue with sometimes orientation does not turn, a quick fix will be enable/disable auto rotate in top drop down menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
48 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

I removed Swiftkey because I was so happy with CTRL+C. That doesn't work in Swiftkey. CTRL+V does 🤔

Just tested, hardware Ctrl+C works with in SwiftKey here, both on letter-shifted QWERTY and QWERTZ. Maybe it is an issue they fixed? Check the version. 🙂 OR it is related to me using FinQWERTY?

If it still does not work, remember that most often Ctrl+X followed by Ctrl+V does (without even releasing Ctrl),.

• Thanks 2

Reinstalled SwiftKey and changed layout to US-intl. Works fine now, but now I've lost special characters. Which you will probably deflect by suggesting I reinstall FinQwerty right 😏.

Edit:
I almost sent the phone flying 😡. So. I did install it while typing this reply. After I inserted that smiley, I was unable to use my keyboard. 
This was in Chrome. Right after installing SwiftKey and selecting the keyboard. And, to make matters worse, Still having problems with auto-rotate even though I just rebooted 3 minutes before that hoping that would help.
So, why am I unable to type anything right after I have inserted an emoticon via quick reply 😵 (using laptop now)

Edited by DieBruine
Read it
  • Like 1

Just switched to SwiftKey and it is a blessing with hardware keyboard. 
That ought to be common knowledge. Any moderator fancy maintaining a pinned thread with a curated list of apps such as this one?

• Like 1

PROBLEM SOLVED (i searched the forum for wake OR waking) ITS THE ESC-KEY

Hello,

I have my pro1 sitting open on my desk. Is it possible to switch it on / power on through the keyboard? Or maybe assign a key that does that?
So maybe press [space], and then enter the swipecode on screen and off you go...?

(I have searched the forum, but could not find the answer...)

Edited by EL Duderachi
problem solved
  • Like 1
On 12/20/2019 at 9:12 PM, Thunderhaake said:

Did you guys find a solution for the question mark?

I still can not write a "?" with the hardware-keyboard at QWERTZ....

GBoard is up-to-date. (No Update found)

In case I missed something... 

Did someone find a solution for this issue? 

I have SwiftKey installed as on-screen keyboard (but it is the same issue with GBoard). 

German QWERTZ-layout is enabled and the software is up to date. But I am not able to write "?" or "~" on my physical keyboard

Some help or a hint is highly appreciated ^^

46 minutes ago, plumbum87 said:

In case I missed something... 

Did someone find a solution for this issue? 

I have SwiftKey installed as on-screen keyboard (but it is the same issue with GBoard). 

German QWERTZ-layout is enabled and the software is up to date. But I am not able to write "?" or "~" on my physical keyboard

Some help or a hint is highly appreciated ^^

Select another layout supplied by FinQWERTY

(in stock Geman the question mark is currently put on SHIFT + sharp S, and the yellow symbols on E, R, M and Ü are not working, hope they fix it soon)

• Thanks 2
  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Kikka said:

Hi there, 

Silly question, Is there any autocorrect with the physical keyboard ? It doesn't look like it's correcting anything at all when using it.

Try SwiftKey.

• Thanks 1