On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Zamasu said:

Why?

Because Waxberry is an official source and if he says it's extended for a while on June 19 and I order July 12 then I fall under that bracket and qualify for earbuds unless another official statement after June 19 but before July 12 says otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Siani_8 said:

Because Waxberry is an official source and if he says it's extended for a while on June 19 and I order July 12 then I fall under that bracket and qualify for earbuds unless another official statement after June 19 but before July 12 says otherwise.  

No, that's not how logic works. Just because it's extended doesn't mean it's extended until further notice, or that there's no end date. A while might've been 1 second and it would've been technically correct.

You ordered something that didn't mention you'd get earbuds, and you're not getting earbuds, nothing wrong with this. I'm not just going to believe you when it doesn't line up with pretty much everything else.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

And on June 19 it said " Limited offer. Extended for one more week" (see this) so that would put the end a while later, not a month later, and hence not July 12. And yes it was unclear from when that week was counted. June 17?  June 18? June 19?. So sometimes late June, or if they were very kind stretched to early July, not mid July.

Maybe someone ordering around late June early July can tell if their order was with the Earphones? As we do not seem to have saved info on the exact cut.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

And on June 19 it said " Limited offer. Extended for one more week" (see this) so that would put the end a while later, not a month later, and hence not July 12. And yes it was unclear from when that week was counted. June 17?  June 18? June 19?. So sometimes late June, or if they were very kind stretched to early July, not mid July.

Maybe someone ordering around late June early July can tell if their order was with the Earphones? As we do not seem to have saved info on the exact cut.

Even if that information by a forum member and not an official source is accurate, Waxberry superceded that info by saying that they've decided to extend it for a while period.  We all know that the site has been before and still inaccurate but when the guy running the company makes a direct statement we should believe that correct?  

The exact date of the cut ended up being June 24th but that wasn't stated until months later by Erik.  So no, saying they decided to extend it for a while on June 19th and then making the cut later on to 5 days later still seems shady though I suppose we could debate what Waxberry meant by a while but if he was just clear or updated us after that point there would be no debate.  That's just how this company operates.  They put out one thing on the site, say something different in the forums, give even different answers in emails and then sometimes end up doing things that didn't match any of the provided info. 

1 hour ago, Zamasu said:

No, that's not how logic works. Just because it's extended doesn't mean it's extended until further notice, or that there's no end date. A while might've been 1 second and it would've been technically correct.

You ordered something that didn't mention you'd get earbuds, and you're not getting earbuds, nothing wrong with this. I'm not just going to believe you when it doesn't line up with pretty much everything else.

A while doesn't mean 1 second by anyone's reasonable definition of the word.  However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open.  No other info about when it actually stopped until months later when Erik posted with a June 24th date. 

So yes, what I saw on the site on July 12 lines up with what Waxberry said on June 19 and you can't prove otherwise with any dated pics of the site so believe what you want. 

Edit:. FYI this conversation actually turned me off of the whole experience.  They can keep the cheap earbuds, I'm gonna keep my money and request a refund.  Peace.  

Edited by Siani_8
28 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

Even if that information by a forum member and not an official source is accurate, Waxberry superceded that info by saying that they've decided to extend it for a while period.  We all know that the site has been before and still inaccurate but when the guy running the company makes a direct statement we should believe that correct?  

The exact date of the cut ended up being June 24th but that wasn't stated until months later by Erik.  So no, saying they decided to extend it for a while on June 19th and then making the cut later on to 5 days later still seems shady though I suppose we could debate what Waxberry meant by a while but if he was just clear or updated us after that point there would be no debate.  That's just how this company operates.  They put out one thing on the site, say something different in the forums, give even different answers in emails and then sometimes end up doing things that didn't match any of the provided info. 

It is just in your personal interpretation that it "superseded" anything...

On 6/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, Waxberry said:

The offer is still valid. We decided to extend it for a while. 🙂

It could just as well be read as a confirmation, that indeed it had been extended, compared to the original stop that was noticed June 17th.

But certainly I agree that more clear communication would have been better, also in this case.

And things get more muddy as 17th and 19th are just a few days after they showcased the earphones on twitter June 14th, where it would have been a perfect opportunity to say to us that it was close to last chance to get them free with the pre-orders.

49 minutes ago, Siani_8 said:

A while doesn't mean 1 second by anyone's reasonable definition of the word.  However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open.  No other info about when it actually stopped until months later when Erik posted with a June 24th date. 

So yes, what I saw on the site on July 12 lines up with what Waxberry said on June 19 and you can't prove otherwise with any dated pics of the site so believe what you want. 

Edit:. FYI this conversation actually turned me off of the whole experience.  They can keep the cheap earbuds, I'm gonna keep my money and request a refund.  Peace.  

So if someone says to you it take "a while" to fix your car, you expect that to mean at the least four weeks? If so I can please you that the Pro1 is only a while delayed...

30 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

So if someone says to you it take "a while" to fix your car, you expect that to mean at the least four weeks? If so I can please you that the Pro1 only is a while delayed...

I wouldn't say that if someone said it's gonna take a while to fix my car to mean four weeks though it could mean that.  I definitely wouldn't take it to mean 1 second.  I would need more information or clarification on the matter to make a reasonable determination.  In the case of the phone and earbuds it would be reasonable to assume that as long as it's still in pre-order, that a while could reasonably be extending until ready to start mass production or at a specific date mentioned later by Waxberry or an official source which never was posted until months after the June 24th date passed.  Even if we go by what it supposedly said on the site on June 18 about extending it a week, June 24 fell short of that posted info as well.  

My request for refund is in.  If it's really that important to them and other forum members to defend these decisions to keep the $20 earbuds then on principle I'm choosing to keep my $700+ now.  I guess the days of good customer service are over because at this point, I feel it should have been part of the order just because they clearly stated orders would be handled by payment date which turned out to not be true for the US base or just the delays in general really.  I don't even have a ship date to look forward to anymore.  With all that has happened in the last 7 months since paying, even if out of their control, it's still the little things that could keep customers happy instead of losing the sale.  I'm just one voice among many but this is how I feel now so maybe me canceling will help future customers to be treated with a little more respect. 

And for the record, I had the order page tab open on my computer for weeks before I had the money to order so it's entirely possible that I was not wrong and still did see the ALL pre-orders message on a page not refreshed.  Just trying to give the benefit of the doubt but that still doesn't change the fact that they backpedaled on that offer to begin with. 

Edited by Siani_8
3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

However, at that point, saying we've decided to extend it for a while, it is reasonable to assume the offer still stands until they decide to end it which at particular point in time, he left it open. 

Also reasonable to expect it to last until it's no longer mentioned, but here we are.

3 hours ago, Siani_8 said:

Kinda weird, I don't have anything to do with the company. Don't see how this should affect anything with your order, but considering you've already cancelled once I don't think this is a real issue.

If it's really that important to ... other forum members to defend these decisions to keep the $20 earbuds

You seem to misread me here, I just hate it when people are misrepresenting facts or arguing with plain old fallacies. They could've handled that better, probably, I didn't follow it too closely because I don't care about those earbuds.

And for the record, I had the order page tab open on my computer for weeks before I had the money to order so it's entirely possible that I was not wrong and still did see the ALL pre-orders message on a page not refreshed.

That could explain it. Not sure how that would work legally then though, if you refuse to update a page with changed terms on an order.

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

(Greenland still seems to be unaffected, so there is hope)

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

I would not expect the phone in the very near future.

Edited by __fastcall
31 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Situation in China is still heavy: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Even Nintendo and other Smartphone companies have or will sooner or later get issues.

Also local PCB manufacturers have problems sourcing materials and I have heard news about car factories are going to have problems in sourcing parts because of the virus.

35 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Well Apple is already moving the earpods production to taiwan

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

Damn that looks bad. This will probably mess up everything eventually price wise. (and I just wanted to build a new PC too...)

10 minutes ago, patrykgrzesiak said:

My Pro1 has never reached me 😞

I called FedEx and they informed me that it was returned to Hongkong from Warsaw without even reaching my city.

Too bad.... Contact support, If you not already did. There is no guarantee that they read all in here.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, __fastcall said:

The good news we can read from that link ist that the infection rate has already decelerated and continues to do so, so this epidemic's peak should be reached soon...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2

Nice timely update about the virus affecting the factory:

Hello,

We have now been informed that our factory has reopened following the last few weeks of disruption and uncertainty. As per our previous email, workers choice to return to the work is at their own discretion, and as it stands there aren’t enough people for us to begin production again. Rightly so, many people are still concerned about the coronavirus and are being overly cautious with regards to travelling and going back to work. We are also waiting for confirmation on a components delivery from our suppliers, which is similarly dependant on workers returning to work. 

Therefore despite the factory being open, production is pending until further notice. We are aware that this might not be the news you were hoping for, but i'm sure you will agree that this is still progress and we hope to be able to continue manufacturing and shipping all remaining customer orders from next week.

Thank you once again for your continued support and patience. 

If you have any questions about the matter, please get in touch with [email protected]

Sincerely,  

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

• Thanks 6

I appreciate people posting these updates as either I've fallen off the email list or people who have received their phones no longer get updates.  Lol.  I may have my phone, but I'm still interested in what is happening and want to see everyone get their phones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
3 hours ago, Hook said:

I appreciate people posting these updates as either I've fallen off the email list or people who have received their phones no longer get updates.  Lol.  I may have my phone, but I'm still interested in what is happening and want to see everyone get their phones. 

I haven't got my phone yet but I am not getting updates for quite some time now lol. The last one I properly got was the Christmas one..

I see I get some records on the mail server rejecting mails from them with an "SPF fail" I have reported it to them, but have not received anything back.

I do not know how many of their mails are affected, but if you have access to the mail servers log, you might check for some from a fxtec.com subdomain, and if so those could be the missing mails...

26 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I see I get some records on the mail server rejecting mails from them with an "SPF fail" I have reported it to them, but have not received anything back.

I do not know how many of their mails are affected, but if you have access to the mail servers log, you might check for some from a fxtec.com subdomain, and if so those could be the missing mails...

Hmm, I have just wanted to see my mail server's log when I have realized I was registered using my Gmail account. 🙂
However, I think they have not sent me this update as I don't have a pending order now, but it is good to keep us updated as I wish them the best and would like to know about it...

Anyway, SPF should fail only if they sent that e-mail from an address other than what was written in TXT record or if that e-mail was not sent by them...
However, it also fails for e-mails forwarded by another server if that server is not mentioned in TXT record.

• Like 1