On the pre-production status

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

On 8/25/2020 at 6:45 AM, EskeRahn said:

This sounds really bad! Let us tag @Erik so he can find out what has gone wrong.

I still haven't got any replies. I just sent another slightly angry email to them. At this point I consider the phone to be lost or something like that.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, d said:

I still haven't got any replies. I just sent another slightly angry email to them. At this point I consider the phone to be lost or something like that.

Note that if they still got a stack of unanswered email, a new mail will put you in the bottom of the stack. But let us tag @Erik again, and hope they can clear things up.

4 hours ago, d said:

I have a fear that if you are on qwerZ, and they want to send you a replacement device, then it might be related to them aparrently having had qwertZ templates in backorder for a long time. c.f. that some regular orders for qwertZ devices are about a year old now. Fxtec have for now even stopped taking new orders for the qwertZ variant (presumably for the same reason). I do hope that what ever is holding this up gets sorted soon, so you and other can get their devices.

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I have a fear that if you are on qwerZ, and they want to send you a replacement device, then it might be related to them aparrently having had qwertZ templates in backorder for a long time. c.f. that some regular orders for qwertZ devices are about a year old now. Fxtec have for now even stopped taking new orders for the qwertZ variant (presumably for the same reason). I do hope that what ever is holding this up gets sorted soon, so you and other can get their devices.

I have sent in a QWERTZ device for repair/exchange in June. Back in August they said something about 1-2 weeks until I should recieve tracking details. To my follow up eMail a few days ago they now only said that I am queued for service. But they answered really quickly, so not sure what's going wrong in the communication with @d.

• Thanks 1

Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 23:30:01 +1100
Subject: Order updates

Hello!

As a pre-order customer, we want you to let you guys know first that we are about to announce a new partnership for something special and to also reassure you that your existing Pro1 orders are top of our list. They are still in progress and queued for shipment in the coming months. We recently shipped a batch of Pro1’s and the next is scheduled for the end of October.

Like other tech businesses, Covid-19 has had a significant impact on our business operations and we want to openly let you know that manufacturing, shipping and software development has become a lot of more difficult and timely, due to the fact that some of our partners are no longer around or immediately available. Thankfully we can still continue with our operations because we have well established and strong relationships across our supply chain and will continue to deliver your orders.

Sincerely,

Team F(x)tec

Edited by jlavi
Formatting, linebreaks. HTML version at https://mail.webfx.co/t/i-e-mclkhl-jhijhdjrkh-x/
  • Like 7
On 10/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jacob_S said:

I have sent in a QWERTZ device for repair/exchange in June. Back in August they said something about 1-2 weeks until I should recieve tracking details. To my follow up eMail a few days ago they now only said that I am queued for service. But they answered really quickly, so not sure what's going wrong in the communication with @d.

I contacted FxTec two weeks after I sent my phone in. Reaction to my request took double the time I'm used to. On top of that they told me that due to COVID-19 restrictions it would take at least four weeks before they would / could even take a look at my phone.

So, I assume it is a possibility I won't see my phone back this year. And I'm sure as Hell not sending the other one in (possible hardware camera issue).

Edited by DieBruine
  • Sad 3
13 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

due to COVID-19 restrictions it would take at least four weeks before they would / could even take a look at my phone.

Maybe they quarantine the phones.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, jlavi said:

Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 23:30:01 +1100
Subject: Order updates

Hello!

As a pre-order customer, we want you to let you guys know first that we are about to announce a new partnership for something special and to also reassure you that your existing Pro1 orders are top of our list. They are still in progress and queued for shipment in the coming months. We recently shipped a batch of Pro1’s and the next is scheduled for the end of October.

Like other tech businesses, Covid-19 has had a significant impact on our business operations and we want to openly let you know that manufacturing, shipping and software development has become a lot of more difficult and timely, due to the fact that some of our partners are no longer around or immediately available. Thankfully we can still continue with our operations because we have well established and strong relationships across our supply chain and will continue to deliver your orders.

Sincerely,

Team F(x)tec

Excited to see if they're unveiling a new device or something else in the coming weeks. But since covid, they've only shipped 1 batch in September and the next one is maybe the end of October? Even assuming 10% of pre orders for the last batch, they had at least 70-80% before covid hit. How are they not into general availability yet?

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 11:14 PM, Rob. S. said:

To follow up, on a side note, on something I wrote in a now-closed thread about that "PrinCube" Indiegogo campaign where even I was already close to suspecting fraud after the communication had been even worse than here, the first few devices (after all deliveries were promised to be fulfilled before Christmas) have actually been delivered. So, no fraud there, either, although I suspect I won't get my item before March, maybe April. The biggest problem for communication to backers seems to be that the people who started the campaign don't get much feedback from the factory...

Excuse my reheating an old thread, but Just in case someone might have wondered what happened with my "PrinCube" ("the world's smallest mobile multi-color printer"), ordered and payed on Indiegogo a month after I ordered the Pro1 I'm still waiting for: in October 2019.

A few days ago I actually received the item! Missing the "permanent ink" cartridge that was part of my order (there are hints it may come separately), and the thing itself doesn't work, either. No connection possible to the control app that is supposed to be on the device, neither by WiFi not by USB, which are the two possible options. I've tried to contact them, but now I'm not sure anymore that this will ever be resolved. 

Right now, I'd see that company's trustworthiness about an order of magnitude below Fxtec's...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1