On the pre-production status

5 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well I can not answer the "why", but for all we know they could have had an old order too.
And since they are already "Out of stock", it is not that it is in any way in general availability in the Japanese market either.

When I checked their web-store on July 11, it was the same. Marked as "in stock", but browsing through the actual stores they were marked as coming at a later day.
So if they really had just one for each store it must have sold as hot cakes, as there are none now.

And unless I misunderstood something, Giteki is not a matter of a special version, but a mater of tests and paperwork (similar to FCC). See e.g. this

Dude, I am Japanese. I know what Giteki means. That was what Fxtec explained to me. They just wanted me to calm down by telling me there are different.
They said Links will be selling the Japanese version of the pro1 and this is Giteki certified which is a different to the remaining pre-orders. 

Some Japanese Youtuber already uploaded "unbox' type videos recently. Do I need to explain this? Are you taunting me? Fxtec started to sell the phones without shipment for pre-order is done. That's it. All I want is explanation, but they don't.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Shota said:

Dude, I am Japanese. I know what Giteki means. That was what Fxtec explained to me. They just wanted me to calm down by telling me there are different.
They said Links will be selling the Japanese version of the pro1 and this is Giteki certified which is a different to the remaining pre-orders. 

Some Japanese Youtuber already uploaded "unbox' type videos recently. Do I need to explain this? Are you taunting me? Fxtec started to sell the phones without shipment for pre-order is done. That's it. All I want is explanation, but they don't.

Well please enlighten me on how I was supposed to know you knew what Giteki is?

Did F(x)tec or BicCamera tell you when the phones in question were ordered? And the amount? For what I know, these could be old orders too. But sure they might not.

I'm not taunting, but a little tired of accusations that seems to be based on assumptions in here.

6 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Well please enlighten me on how I was supposed to know you knew what Giteki is?

Did F(x)tec or BicCamera tell you when the phones in question were ordered? And the amount? For what I know, these could be old orders too. But sure they might not.

I'm not taunting, but a little tired of accusations that seems to be based on assumptions in here.

Okay. I am a bad guy. I thought I was a customer who paid already. I just should not believe estimated delivery schedule they said. all my fault. 

10 minutes ago, Shota said:

Okay. I am a bad guy. I thought I was a customer who paid already. I just should not believe estimated delivery schedule they said. all my fault. 

Not necessarily a bad guy, but a little touchy. 😉

Look, yes, communication is not F(x) Tec's strong suit.  And, yes, they often don't get things to happen when they say they will (in large part because, being a very small company in the UK, they don't have full control of the whole operation-- which is also part of why they hesitate to communicate).

However, we are just a user forum.  None of us work for F(x) Tec and we don't know any more than you do, so why get upset with us.  You can try invoking @Erik who does work for F(x0 Tec. I would speculate that the shops had pre-orders as well (this happened before in December with shops in the UK and Germany).  But, again, I don't know. I'm guessing. I think that's what Eske meant by "old orders."

But whatever else you might want to say about F(x) Tec, the one thing they don't do is lie.  If they say something will be shipping, even if the date slips, it WILL ship. 

It's tough to be waiting so long and your frustration is understandable.  The only reason someone asked for your source is that they wondered if F(x) Tec had sent out an update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
18 hours ago, Shota said:

Some Japanese Youtuber already uploaded "unbox' type videos recently. Do I need to explain this? Are you taunting me? Fxtec started to sell the phones without shipment for pre-order is done

Which legislature gives you the right to demand getting your phone before them, just because Fxtec "promised" at a date when the world was a different one than it is today?

Envy and greed. "i want my plaything before others who ordered later, otherwise I can't be happy with it anymore". Even if those others are just a vanishingly small number which have no effect at all on the rest of the shipments. Even if those vanishingly small numbers are important for the manufacturer to even stay in business, for which things like those unboxing videos coming from around the whole world actually may prove crucial.

Noone is helped with a smartphone company that goes out of business because pre-orderers kept demanding, more than a year after the device was introduced to the public and after a major pandemic which is still raging on in large parts of the world, that they coulnd't even give one single device to a shop, not even as proof that they still exist and that there will be more to come eventually. 

I'm not happy about the absurd time I'm now waiting on my phone, either, nor about the often poor communications of the company, but this is just pathetic.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Which legislature gives you the right

False advertising.  When preordered, it was stated that they would be delivered before others.  There's some type of breach of contract involved there and I bet there would be a chance of a legal case.  But waste of time and money and wouldn't get you phone any quicker.

Getting upset about it all over again is silly.  We went thru this with Clove & Dragonbox last year, and they got 40 each iirc.  Sound like this Japanese retailer got even less.

Comes down to, if you want the device, and find another way to buy it before your official order comes thru (like when a retailer gets them, or someone sells used), then cancel your order, otherwise just keep waiting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 7/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, Rob. S. said:

Which legislature gives you the right to demand getting your phone before them

On your planet, what does a paid in advance, in full, pre-order means? Just curios about your pesonal definition of a pre-order, because it seems revolutionary and could change the world commerce.

I don't get that. Clove is nothing more than an electronics shop. Or are they producing the hardware?

"This product has been discontinued and is no longer available for sale." is most likely nothing more than a default text for a product they simply don't offer (anymore). What does this have to do with the production of the phones, the pandemic that has halted it and phones that get shipped from FxTec to you directly?

Another question:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200527124717/https://www.clove.co.uk/products/fxtec-pro1

This page wasn't updated since May 27th, on these days phones were still shipped out. People got their stock assigned and shipped between April and June.

So what point are you making? Are you just angry and searching for clues? I can understand that, but you should be digging deeper as this doesn't make sense at all.

2 minutes ago, __fastcall said:

I got a new info from the company.

The phones are currently in transit to the warehouse. Tracking will be send out this week.

is this also relevant to people who ordered recently?

just a wishful thought 🙂

4 hours ago, __fastcall said:

"This product has been discontinued and is no longer available for sale." is most likely nothing more than a default text for a product they simply don't offer (anymore). What does this have to do with the production of the phones, the pandemic that has halted it and phones that get shipped from FxTec to you directly?

I have read this sentence from Clove months ago and I found it strange.
I don't know what they build this information on, but discontinued should generally mean something exact thing and I don't think it is true for Pro1 or at least they still fulfilling pre-orders and new orders can also be taken on their website.

So I think writing "no longer available" is fair but writing "discontinued" is unfair at Clove's side or at least it can be misunderstood.

However, on the other side - in my profession, we have some big wholesalers where we buy electronic parts.
Sometimes I see some parts are discontinued but if it is an important part, I always look at other wholesalers and also at manufacturer's site where they write it is an active product, not recommended or obsolete.
There were many cases when one wholesaler stopped working with a part (and stated it as discontinued), but another wholesalers had several thousands of it in stock and even manufacturer stated it is an active product, recommended for new design.
So it is not uncommon to discontinue having a product in stock while the product itself is not discontinued.

Edited by VaZso
3 hours ago, __fastcall said:

The phones are currently in transit to the warehouse. Tracking will be send out this week.

But my question is why fx tech is unclear regarding to production and dispatch of devices. Is it really hard to find the status of manufacturing...these days...i mean in 20th century.....! Means a communication company takes weeks to track shipments status which is shipped by its own factory....just Because of panadamic...can anyone digest this reason...Fx tech is not just failed to deliver the device...but they are unable to send the shipping details too.

Edited by Bruce Wayne
13 hours ago, __fastcall said:

So what point are you making? Are you just angry and searching for clues? I can understand that, but you should be digging deeper as this doesn't make sense at all.

You don't know the past "debates" and "problems". 159 pages only in this thread, not to mention other related threads. Do you think that Craig mentioned Clove or Dragonbox out of the blue?

Maybe you should be digging deeper and it will make a lot of sense, not only related to Clove but also related to not keeping their word about the shipping order. Yes, I'm the same person who said a few days ago that, so far, they are definitely NOT scammers and this is also a fact.

Ref. clove, as VaZso also noticed and said, their choice of words it's at least unfair to FxTec, given the fact that they choose to go that path for, I guess, greater exposure, instead of shipping as stated conditions/promises. 

PS: I received my phone in late february. It's about history, repeating history and principles.

24 minutes ago, troll said:

ha ha ha ha!! Waiting?

Pinephone is going to be an interesting piece of hardware / software solution especially if they can find a proper solution for an attached keyboard, but it is not comparable to Pro1.

Pro1 has a much better hardware in every aspects, higher display resolution, much better CPU, much higher RAM, much better cameras, two SIM slots, etc - and even an own keyboard.

On the other hand, Pinephone is cheap and interesting, but its internals are also much simpler and it is still a work in progress.

I have both anyway.
Also, I follow both projects as these are special parts of the world of phones...

• Thanks 1

I guess about confirmed stock assignment. Because tracking is not coming for such a long time, I think the whole batch goes to London hub and then it will be sent out. And of corse the tracking will arrive. Anyone has better guess? How about those, who got stock assigned message, are you from europe? Cause i think this is the key point.

Europe here. Stock assigned e-mail. No tracking info.

I bet you we'll get an explanation where they tried a different partner and all went to shit. Customs being annoying, shipping info missing, funky smell in the shipment due to dead stowed away animals which lead to the shipment being inspected. You know, let your imagination run wild.

I still hope to receive my phones mid August 😌

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, DieBruine said:

funky smell in the shipment due to dead stowed away animals which lead to the shipment being inspected

I know you intended this as a sort of "actual-life humour".

I work in import/export. This is not unheard of! Already happened with one of our cargos many years ago.

5 hours ago, DieBruine said:

No tracking info.

When my Pro1 arrived in January I did not get any stock assigned email or tracking number. Somehow one day it was there laying at my door.

5 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I bet you we'll get an explanation where they tried a different partner and all went to shit. Customs being annoying, shipping info missing, funky smell in the shipment due to dead stowed away animals which lead to the shipment being inspected. You know, let your imagination run wild.

Wait until the Brexit shit storm hits the European propeller.

Edited by Slion

Germany here.
I am also held up from week to week. It should be shipped this week. But that should be the last and penultimate week.
It remains exciting.
Have now requested the tracking data.
I strongly believe that I will be put off again next week. It's absolutely sickening.
I look forward to positive comments that give me some hope;).

Part of the July 6 stock assigned family. US, still waiting for the correct end of week.

Kind of hope they shipped it to the regional warehouses and the actual shipment will be overnight. Unfortunately I have no proof to support my optimistic statement.