On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

or third

Have you heard any confirmation of a third batch starting?

I did see Chen refer to a "new" batch recently on TMO but imagined that was related to the second batch that's finishing up production next week.   I had noticed Gon refer to a third batch a few times but he said he inferred that himself from something support indirectly made him think.   My understanding is all preorders are covered in this second batch and some leftover for general sales...  

48 minutes ago, Craig said:

Have you heard any confirmation of a third batch starting?

I did see Chen refer to a "new" batch recently on TMO but imagined that was related to the second batch that's finishing up production next week.   I had noticed Gon refer to a third batch a few times but he said he inferred that himself from something support indirectly made him think.   My understanding is all preorders are covered in this second batch and some leftover for general sales...  

I'm quite sure that is the second batch, Strictly we do not even know if the second batch is large enough to cover all pre orders.

See this from Erik some days ago https://community.fxtec.com/topic/2447-on-the-production-status/?do=findComment&comment=32973

On 11/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, Erik said:

That is still the case, correct, but there aren't enough units in the first batch for all of the backers. The coming second batch will cover all IGG backers + most normal pre-orders, potentially all because we plan to be in general availability before Christmas.

but we are guessing again,

35 minutes ago, Craig said:

My understanding is all preorders are covered...

the reason I asked for a percentage is that @Waxberry stated "... will be bigger...".  just 'bigger' than what F(x)tex already acknowledged was a small first shipment doesn't sound like something that will fulfill all preorders, so we're back to a guessing game of 'my understanding...' again 🤔

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Tim6263 said:

the reason I asked for a percentage is that @Waxberry stated "... will be bigger...".  just 'bigger' than what F(x)tex already acknowledged was a small first shipment doesn't sound like something that will fulfill all preorders, so we're back to a guessing game of 'my understanding...' again 🤔

Yeah, sadly you are right. Have a look at @abielins link a few comments above

• Thanks 2

Just wondering how much the folks in the first batch could make off a phone if they sold it boxed with next day delivery upon receiving......  Ah but would even double the money be worth not opening and keeping Precious for themselves.  Whatever,PM me lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'd probably be labeled a monster again, but look what we've got in our office this morning 🙂

IMG_4247.jpgHe

Hey! I am fairly certain that the second from the top in the box is mine, can you check again? Mine has a black backside and QWERTY!

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Haha 15
On 11/10/2019 at 8:30 PM, Foop said:

Then why are you still hanging around on the forum? 

Because cancelling a pre-order (due to dissatisfaction with lack of communication from Fxtec) does not cancel my interest in having a device with a physical keyboard?

Because I'm still interested in what other people have to say?

Because you quoted me and I got a notification of such?

Or...

I'm still hanging around on the forums because it upsets you. 

I'll leave it to you to guess which.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

If you sponsor me a BlendTec blender and a pro1 I may post a video here.

nah - I would, but I somehow get a feeling that would end up in a video of you, drinking a Pina Collada and typing "YOLOLOO" on a Fxtec device...

• Haha 3