New OTA update, stamped 2020-03-06 [UPDATED]

UPDATED:

Hi everyone, there is a new OTA update stamped 2020-03-06, offered.

This REPLACES the OTA stamped 2020-03-04, that proved to have an error with Safetynet.

IF you already updated to the 2020-03-04, you will NOT be offered the 2020-03-06. But both groups will be offered a common OTA, hopefully in the coming week.

The two updates contains the same fixes, but the 04 had slightly newer security patches, and that broke Safetynet

OLD message on the 2020-03-04 :

Hi everyone, @Waxberry has shared a little sneak view of some expected to be in the next OTA

• Fixed keyboard two keys cannot press together
  • Fixed left and right speaker swapped sound channel

EDIT: Now available as OTA update

EDIT2: Temporarily suspended, as it had a bug  breaking the "SafetyNet", fix should be on it's way quickly.

Edit3: Replaced for new users, see above

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iEpVyR5RbOgkbv22Q8ILJcIHDf6241G9

GUIDE for the impatient ones:

Fetch file on(/to) phone

Settings, System, Advanced, System updates, Settings, SD Card update

Point to zip update-20200304204235-20200106110451.zip

Follow screen instructions.

NOTE that there is a slight display-issue in the updater, after it starts installing a user selected zip it seems that nothing is happening at all, but pressing back once, will bring you to an image with a progress bar. If you do not do that, and just waits, it will install just as fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 11
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We are very sorry for the issues caused.    After some investigation we have found the reason, it was due to the upgrade of security patch to October which needs to be approved from the auth

UPDATED: Hi everyone, there is a new OTA update stamped 2020-03-06, offered. This REPLACES the OTA stamped 2020-03-04, that proved to have an error with Safetynet.   IF you already

THE OTA have been Temporarily suspended, as it had a bug  breaking the "SafetyNet", fix should be on it's way quickly.

Posted Images

Installed it right away, thanks! It seems that security patch level is also updated to 5th October 2019.

EDIT:

I can confirm that keyboard issue is indeed fixed. I can now play Sonic and Mario or whatever like a charm. Super awesome!

It looks like that all keyboard driver issues are fixed now. I can now press "7", "U", "J", "N", ".", "UP" and "Enter" keys (QWERTZ) right after I wake up the screen. I don't need to press some other key first.

Edited by FlyingAntero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Attention, the file MUST be placed on the SD-Card. Pointing to a place on your internal storage just aborts the update (At least for me).
Can not to further Research since it worked with the SD card.

UPDATE: See posts below!
Update from Internal Storage should be possible, I don't know why it didn't work for me. If you have problems try from the SD card!

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Like 2
Just now, FlyingAntero said:

At least for me the update worked from internal storage.

Interesting. Have tried it 3 times, it just aborted without any info at all. But nice to hear. Maybe I have an app interfering with it.
Anyway if someone has a problem, try the SD card!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's nice that things are moving again... but curious what happened to fixing the audio crackling for good? I thought that was a done deal when it was announced to be part of the next OTA?
Apart from the now fixed keyboard, that's my biggest gripe with the Pro1 right now.

Sure this isn't the complete next OTA yet perhaps, but have they truly fixed it or not? If so, why would it be held back from this?
I may sound a bit sound mad here but I'm really just wondering what happened to that.

7 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

It's nice that things are moving again... but curious what happened to fixing the audio crackling for good? I thought that was a done deal when it was announced to be part of the next OTA?
Apart from the now fixed keyboard, that's my biggest gripe with the Pro1 right now.

Sure this isn't the complete next OTA yet perhaps, but have they truly fixed it or not? If so, why would it be held back from this?
I may sound a bit sound mad here but I'm really just wondering what happened to that.

Well we can only guess. Maybe the fix they tried had some unwanted side-effects they want to iron out?

Wish I could try.

Wireless update keeps on crashing when I press settings. Cleared cache and storage, force stop and rboot. Doesn't help. So, I'll wait for the OTA ☹️.

Edit:
Removed sims, enabled Flight mode and cleared cache and storage on both wireless update processes.
Install succeeded.

Edit2:

This update completely f's MAME4DROID
Input works for like 1ms. So totally unusable for M4D. Maybe try another emulator.

Edited by DieBruine
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Hi everyone, @Waxberry has shared a little sneak view of some expected to be in the next OTA

• Fixed keyboard two keys cannot press together
  • Fixed left and right speaker swapped sound channel

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iEpVyR5RbOgkbv22Q8ILJcIHDf6241G9

GUIDE for the impatient ones:

Fetch file on(/to) phone

Settings, System, Advanced, System updates, Settings, SD Card update

Point to zip update-20200304......

Follow screen instructions.

NOTE that there is a slight display-issue in the updater, after it starts installing a user selected zip it seems that nothing is happening at all, but pressing back once, will bring you to an image with a progress bar. If you do not do that, and just waits, it will install just as fine.

I'm on Magisk, can I install this update without any issue?

It's now available OTA.

Had to reboot after the reboot cause both SIM cards did not connect.
After first reboot it only asked for pin code for one of the SIM cards.
After second reboot it looks like everything is working again.

Edited by Slion

Now I also see it (still not updated).
I haven't see it maybe 3 hours ago (checked manually).

Do anybody know when this OTA became available?
Does it shown to be available for update everybody at once or not at once?
(I mean if I ask the system to check updates now, does it find on one Pro1 and still not on another one?)

Edited by VaZso
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, VaZso said:

Now I also see it (still not updated).
I haven't see it maybe 3 hours ago (checked manually).

Within a few hours hours, I checked before manually installing this too, and I'm a little confused why it was shared as a preview, so shortly before release. I guess something went smoother in the release than expected. 🤗

5 minutes ago, MickH said:

Just got the update but I seem to be stuck on the "Installing Update" screen.

It says the install is 100% but there's nothing much happening now. Should I just restart, see what happens?

Seems to be a bug in AdUps.  I rebooted after waiting a bit to make sure it was done.  The update was successful.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hook said:

My manual update got stuck at 43% and then it rebooted my phone spontaneously, but all evidence says I got the full update.  😉 🙄

I had same effect today and on previous updates as well. I don't know if it is a bug or not. Maybe rest of the install process is done during reboot?

BTW, is there official changelog anywhere?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MickH said:

Thanks tdm. I'll bite on a big stick and give it a try after a few minutes more.😛

I guess I'll bite the big stick and go for it as well.  😂