Which browser are you using on your Pro1?

Which browser are you using on your Pro1?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser are you using on your Pro1?

• Chrome
    • DuckDuckGo
    • Edge
    • FireFox
    • Opera
    • Bromite
    • Vivaldi
    • Keyboard Browser
    • Dolphin
    • Other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Using Firefox mainly because of ADblock, it works great so far. Maybe I should investigate other solutions, with this poll I'm learning there is tons of alternatives.

Opera works really well on the Pro1 built in adblock, vpn, and it syncs with my desktop Opera GX browser. 👍

And the majority seems to be on firefox 🔥🦊 😇

Posted Images

I'm (not yet on Pro¹...) checking out some browsers again and for the time being I've decided to make Opera my standard browser, as it indeed checks all of my boxes – proper text reflow; allow zoom also when prohibited by the page; adblock; compatibility with the Bitwarden (potentially self-hosted) password storage app. Very nice.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, sequestris said:

Samsung.
Always.
Anywhere.
So smooth, no bloat, great add block add-ons, runs fast and SO customizable.

Thanks for the tip. It's looking great indeed. The UI makes a lot of sense with the tool bar at the bottom only in portrait. Customizable tool bar is also great.

I'm pretty sure I can make Fulguris better though, given enough time 😃

Edited by Slion
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, 3zet said:

I'm the Presto Opera lover so today I'm using Vivaldi, both on desktop and mobile. 

I'm too on the Vivaldi team on Windows, browsing without tab bar and just that Window side panel. On Android though it does not bring much over stock Chrome.

• Like 1
On 4/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, Slion said:

Thanks for the tip. It's looking great indeed. The UI makes a lot of sense with the tool bar at the bottom only in portrait. Customizable tool bar is also great.

I'm pretty sure I can make Fulguris better though, given enough time 😃

You're welcome.
I have it installed on all my devices.
Let me know how you fare with Fulguris and I will give that a whirl too.

• Like 1
On 4/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, Slion said:

I'm too on the Vivaldi team on Windows, browsing without tab bar and just that Window side panel. On Android though it does not bring much over stock Chrome.

Yesterday Android version went out of beta. It's completely different browser now. 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Firefox here. I use that on all my PCs too. Mainly because it reminds me of the good old times when it was the only well-supported open-source browser. 😎

With that being said, can anyone actually use this site (the forum) via Firefox on the Pro1? I can't.

In the standard "mobile" view, the site is slow like s.... and the "Quote" buttons below the posts do not work. When I switch to "Desktop site", the page loads faster, but the "Quote" function is not displayed at all! I presently have Daylight 82.1.1.

Anyone with similar problems? Needless to say, Firefox works correctly with other web pages.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hka said:

You got one! 🙂 One request, add some menu that shows available keyboard shortcuts. Can't figure out how to move cursor to addressbar with just the keyboard.

You are awesome!

Try F11, you will need a keyboard layout which enables you to do that. I'm using Fx Qwerty and Fx+- gives you F11. Shortcuts are listed on the Fulguris Home Page.

I'm hoping I'll get around implementing configurable shortcuts at some point.

Edited by Slion