Official firmware

Thanks.

I have lost the overview: can someone wrap up? what are the important problems remaining in the official android?

- call volume setting

- wake- and backlight-on-keypress not enabled

- Sym key

Is it possible to use this phone with the official android?

• Like 1
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, some very good news on twitter, finally looks like some software fixes coming: https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1280900929273958402 I'm hoping that whatsapp thing means the

An update has been delivered to my device!

Posted Images

On 7/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, OKSun said:

Thanks.

I have lost the overview: can someone wrap up? what are the important problems remaining in the official android?

- call volume setting

I would add:

- audio quality during video recording needs a lot of work

• Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Tsunero said:

I got an update too but it's dated 2020 08 25, no idea what changed but the security patch is still only on April.

AFAIK they should have fixed the bug with random boots on poor WiFi. And also an odd one with loosing fingerprints. EDIT: See dump posted by @LAMENT below.

ADD: On the "April". Last time it took Google 'forever' to certify the security update, So I guess they are not too keen on postponing everything else for months waiting for that...

• Like 3
On 9/5/2020 at 6:32 PM, LAMENT said:

An update has been delivered to my device!

On 1. Here there still is a substantially larger idle power drain when connected to my router using 5GHz rather than 2.4GHz

(With 4G, BT and NFC It is about 0.7%/h with 2.4GHz Wifi, but 2.8%/h with 5GHz WiFi)

EDIT: This issue is related to specific router models (or just old ones?) I see it with a Huawei B525s-23a but NOT with a Huawei B535-232 where it is down at a mere 0.5%/h

• Like 1

I really like that update. It shows they are indeed paying attention to community feedback. I was never affected by 1 & 2 but I'm most happy about 3, the screen brightness issue, even though I'll keep using Fx Service overlay filter it still brings something, somehow the screen looks better at low brightness in low light. Moreover 4, the keyboard backlight not coming back online after locking the screen while keyboard is open is also very much appreciated. Hats off FxTec 🎩

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Slion said:

somehow the screen looks better at low brightness in low light.

Indeed it looks like the greenish tint it was taking in very low brightness using Fx Service is mostly gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Ilrilan said:

After updating firmware to 20200825 fingerprints are lost after first reboot, as on previous firmware versions. Has anyone this fix works?

The change to fingerprints, as far as I can tell, was to delete the HAL fingerprint data when you delete the android fingerprint. So if you have "orphaned" fingerprint data in the HAL, this won't fix your issue. You need to clear the HAL fingerprint data to fix it. Thereafter you shouldn't have the problem anymore, unless you factory reset with active fingerprints.

7 hours ago, Slion said:

Indeed it looks like the greenish tint it was taking in very low brightness using Fx Service is mostly gone.

Yeah, the green tint issue is partially fixed. I mean it is still there but not on the lowest brightness. So, if you slide the brightness slider you start to see green tint between 50%-10% but below 10% green tint is gone. So no more green tint when I use Pro1 just before bedtime in dark room. Also, my eyes are not burned! 👍

• Like 3

I have no fingerprints stored after reboot. Then, i add some new fingerprints, use it some time, then reboot phone - and hasn't any fingerprints again.

What else need I do to fix this bug? Have tried to add fingerprints, then manually remove, then add others - same state, all is lost after first reboot

5 minutes ago, Ilrilan said:

I have no fingerprints stored after reboot. Then, i add some new fingerprints, use it some time, then reboot phone - and hasn't any fingerprints again.

What else need I do to fix this bug? Have tried to add fingerprints, then manually remove, then add others - same state, all is lost after first reboot

You need to clear the fingerprint HAL data in /persist. But since you are on stock you don't have root access. So you need to flash the persist partition from fastboot. Find the thread from Liancheng about how to go back to stock. Get the files. Reboot to bootloader and run fastboot flash persist persist.img.  you will reset your WiFi Mac addr but that should fix the issue.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tdm said:

You need to clear the fingerprint HAL data in /persist. But since you are on stock you don't have root access. So you need to flash the persist partition from fastboot. Find the thread from Liancheng about how to go back to stock. Get the files. Reboot to bootloader and run fastboot flash persist persist.img.  you will reset your WiFi Mac addr but that should fix the issue.

Woooh that sounds complex.. 😵. But nice that a known fix exists. 👍

9 hours ago, thodin said:

Not in my case: about ~0.8% on 5Hz Mikrotik cAP with latest update.

That is very interesting. What do you get with 2.4GHz then?

The consumption you get seems more like what I would have expected, a tad more than 2.4GHz but not extremely much more.

MY router is a somewhat dated Huawei B525s 23a. (I use 4G as a fall-back connection when the fibre is out of order)