PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion

39 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

F(x)tec Pro1 is in the news!

XDA did not understand something so don't get too excited. We are on LOS 16.0 so no LOS 17.1 (Android 10) yet. I believe that it is coming in future but we need to hold our horses for some time.

Nice!

Note that 17.1 will be relatively easy with 16.0 working.  It should be ready within a week or two.  Nolen and Ethan are making great progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pleased to announce that the Pro1 has received official support in LineageOS 16.0.   You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page.

Lineage recovery will offer to install from sdcard if, and only if, a physical sdcard is present and it is able to be read without any decryption (eg. it is not used as adoptable storage).  

In my opinion LineageOS 16 was a very important OS for the Pro1 that brought the best out of the device at a moment when stock couldn't (yet) . Although not a developer, I can well imagine it also bro

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

OTA update went fine for me as well. Have set it to high priority, that cut down installation time to about 30 minutes.

Do you mean "Prioritise update process" in preferences? I have set that too.

I've been running LOS for a couple of hours now. Still configuring a lot. Apparently I missed the part about having to root and delete my fingerprints. I was hoping that was sorted with a fresh wipe and format. So later in the evening I will flash SU and delete the data.

I have noticed the rotation issue not happening 🙂. But I do have three questions.
1 Can I turn on auto cap?
2 Can I change the "Shift" timing? WHen I press SHif, this happens a lot... The second letter also capitalized.
3 How do you combine :+e to get ë. The only combination keys I was able to find are ˋ'ˆ to combine into èéê. THe DUtch language has some annoying ë in it... (US-int configured btw).

4 Forgot about this one. I was unable to get ADB working over USB C. Is this something I should figure out, or is it a known issue?

And one more thing, fastboot oem unlock does not work anymore now it's "fastboot flashing unlock". Maybe someone could update the instructions?

ANd I can confirm a little lag in screen animations/transitions in the launcher. I'm using Nova LAuncher and rotating door animation. The first is swift. Everything after that is not.
And how is that auto cap is working during this latest edit!?

Edited by DieBruine
8 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

3 How do you combine :+e to get ë. The only combination keys I was able to find are ˋ'ˆ to combine into èéê. THe DUtch language has some annoying ë in it...

Still: Alt-U, followed by the wanted base later. but could be language layout dependent.

I will remove the posts in the other thread to avoid confusion 🙂

I don't know what's going on but I'm having fingerprint issues on LineageOS. It wasn't recognizing any touches plus every time my phone reboots the fingers were no longer saved. I went back to stock (had a bunch of stock OTAs) made sure it wasn't my sensor. Thankfully its not, everything works fine and data stays after reboots. 

So I figured lets try out Lineage again. Fresh clean install of the newest build and recovery (20200727) ... The sensor is responding and recognizing quite well; but, data is still lost after reboots. 😕

I was thinking about going back to the OTA test build v2 that I was running just before I flashed official Lineage. (cant remember if it was working properly or not)

10 minutes ago, itsdevilslettuce said:

I don't know what's going on but I'm having fingerprint issues on LineageOS. It wasn't recognizing any touches plus every time my phone reboots the fingers were no longer saved. I went back to stock (had a bunch of stock OTAs) made sure it wasn't my sensor. Thankfully its not, everything works fine and data stays after reboots. 

So I figured lets try out Lineage again. Fresh clean install of the newest build and recovery (20200727) ... The sensor is responding and recognizing quite well; but, data is still lost after reboots. 😕

I was thinking about going back to the OTA test build v2 that I was running just before I flashed official Lineage. (cant remember if it was working properly or not)

The fingerprint daemon, which reads the actual fingerprints, is closed source.  However, I did change the fingerprint HAL to alleviate some of the false reads when you accidentally touch the sensor.  That may be what is causing problems.

You should be able to effectively circumvent the authentication delays in the HAL by setting this property:

persist.vendor.fingerprint.auth_delay = 0

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Do you mean "Prioritise update process" in preferences? I have set that too.

Yes that one. Weird. Had the phone on the charger and didn't bother it with other tasks. I took the time from "Install now" after downloading and stopped when it prompted to reboot.

14 hours ago, DieBruine said:

How do you combine :+e to get ë

I'm too lazy to confirm on phone, but on my pc using us-intl-altgr its right_alt " (right_alt+shift+') then e.   That leads me to believe on pro¹ us int'l it'd be " then e (shift ' then e).

14 hours ago, DieBruine said:

Apparently I missed the part about having to root and delete my fingerprints

You can do that without rooting by using adb root (enable in developer options) - if adb is working!

Edited by Craig
23 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

..... (it has gone up a substantial 50MB, so would be interesting to know what has been added)

I noticed that the list of changes page is completely blank (less the cosmetic layout stuff)

https://download.lineageos.org/pro1/changes/

Anyone with any info on the extra 50.29 MB?

Not that the size matters in it self, I'm just curious what has been added?
(Last time we had a substantial jump in the package size it was the gapps that were accidentally included, And I wonder if something similar is the case this time too)

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I'm too lazy to confirm on phone, but on my pc using us-intl-altgr its right_alt " (right_alt+shift+') then e.   That leads me to believe on pro¹ us int'l it'd be " then e (shift ' then e).

see earlier... ☺️

15 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Alt-U, followed by the wanted base later

...In no layout is selected.

On the us-international it is the combo Shift and Sym+' followed by the base letter

24 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I noticed that the list of changes page is completely blank (less the cosmetic layout stuff)

https://download.lineageos.org/pro1/changes/

Anyone with any info on the extra 50.29 MB?

Not that the size matters in it self, I'm just curious what has been added?
(Last time we had a substantial jump in the package size it was the gapps that were accidentally included, And I wonder if something similar is the case this time too)

You can find changelogs for every build from here.

lineage-16.0-20200727-nightly-pro1-signed.zip

3 days ago
pro1: Set surfaceflinger phase offsets
2020-07-24 18:54 UTC (android_device_fxtec_pro1)

3 days ago
pro1: time-services: Start time_daemon service from common rc
2020-07-24 18:21 UTC (android_device_fxtec_pro1)

7 days ago
repopick: Use upstream instead of revision to determine branch
2020-07-20 17:22 UTC (android_vendor_lineage)

7 days ago
pro1: Enable energy aware scheduling by default
2020-07-20 14:17 UTC (android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998)

7 days ago
pro1: Disable qcacld power stats
2020-07-20 14:16 UTC (android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998)

7 days ago
drivers: staging: qcacld-3.0: Make power_stats a Kconfig option
2020-07-20 14:16 UTC (android_kernel_fxtec_msm8998)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Craig said:

then how did you unlock?

Stupid 🥴, I should have posted that "fastboot flashing unlock" is the new command. I think this was changed a couple of months ago in a newer release of adb tools.

ALT+U doesn't work anymore for me since I went to LOS. I also changed the keyboard layout to English, that did not help. And as I stated, I think it should work as Craig described. That's how it works for ' , `and ^. But not for " . Also when I press SYM+ I get a lot of the characters in shortcuts (ö ß Ü) but not the one that is impossible to do yourself, ë.

I just connected a BT headset to my Pro1 and I have sound over BT. Try disabling APT-X HD under BT settings if you have an APTX-HD enabled headset. I haven't tested mine yet, will test it today. My GrapheneQ didn't work while using APT-X HD. I do have an APT-X HD receiver that did work on stock. I will post the results here later this morning.

3 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

ALT+U doesn't work anymore for me since I went to LOS. I also changed the keyboard layout to English, that did not help. And as I stated, I think it should work as Craig described. That's how it works for ' , `and ^. But not for " . Also when I press SYM+ I get a lot of the characters in shortcuts (ö ß Ü) but not the one that is impossible to do yourself, ë.

It matters what "English" you selected. I can not find it in neither proper English nor US. But if you de-select all (yes silly) Alt+U works. and if you select the "international style" it is the three key combo.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Actually, now the changes are there but it does match with the other site that I linked. There are 2 extra changes from other devices (LeEco S2 and Samsung universal  7880).

Thanks. A brief look does not seem like any of them adding anything I would expect to be of substantial size. We are talking +8% of the total LineageOS so can hardly be just minor adjustments... Is something just not packed the same way, or have we got an unwanted side-load of some kind?

Is it perhaps the mentioned Samsung and/or LeEco stuff that are actually included in the package?

@Wasmachineman_NL

So I tried a couple of BT settings.

Sony  WF-1000XM3 = AAC 16-bits 44.1KHz.
Ora GrapheneQ = SBC 16-bits 44.1KHz - This should be an APTX-HD headset.
CSR8675 BT = AAC 16-bits 44.1KHz - This should be an APTX-HD / APTX-LL receiver/transmitter
VW BT module (original) = sound, but didn't check yet which codec.

Toggling HD-media does make a difference, sound is more compressed with the option off. But, the system never shows APTX nor the Qualcomm logo. So I would say, yes we do have a HD BT connection. But it's APTX and certainly not APTX-HD. APTX-HD is 24-bits SBC. And my Pro1 shows a 16-bits SBC connection when connected to my Graphene. 
Haven't found a tool yet to force APTX-HD handshake when pairing.

I can select all options under Developer options. But when you exit and return to the settings the values stated above are shown. I also tried all versions of AVCRP. That has no effect in my case.

@EskeRahn
Yep, that did the trick, forgot about that. Disabled the keyboards and now it works like it did on stock.

Back on LOS, I am unable to get notification lights working for Hangouts. Even with custom notification lights enabled. Any suggestions?

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 16.0 Official Builds: Discussion