Something special is coming...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! It’s Chen here, been a long time since we last talked or met in person. First of all I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, regardless where you are. It might be a difficu

There are many considerations to stock/factory software.  Here is a (probably not complete) list from someone who has been relatively close to the process in the past but not directly involved:  

I had to delete some of the content our very crafty users found about this :). We can’t share anything for certain until the 27th, as there’s still a lot of graphical (presentation) work undergoi

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Slion said:

@WaxberryCan we have perks to order AZERTY mats or even better keyboard replacement kits? I already own two Pro1s one of them has a dodgy keyboard mats I wish I could replace without bothering your support and service team.

It would be a good option as existing Pro1s could be converted to layouts which have not existed initially.
...but a proper manual and most importantly experienced hands are needed for doing the replacement.

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Slion said:

@WaxberryCan we have perks to order AZERTY mats or even better keyboard replacement kits? I already own two Pro1s one of them has a dodgy keyboard mats I wish I could replace without bothering your support and service team.

Excellent idea! Let us add @Erik and @Elysia to make sure they see it.
Some might also want to buy spares (e.g. me...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
1 minute ago, EskeRahn said:

Excellent! Did not spot that

I think on the blue proto pictures it is still the original Pro1 layout but the layout designs are clearly changed, that can't be a mistake.

• Thanks 1

An official protective case (back and screen) would also be a great thing. My Pro1 is sitting on my desk since I got it because I fear of breaking it, and I feel bad wasting such a good phone.

I try to take care of my phones as I can, but they inevitably end falling on the floor from time to time (my Jolla 1 has a cracked screen, broke and replaced my Xperia X's screen, dropped 3-4 times my Xperia10 but it survived thanks to a TPU case and a tempered glass screen protector).

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Slion said:

I think on the blue proto pictures it is still the original Pro1 layout but the layout designs are clearly changed, that can't be a mistake.

I spend like a good minute doing spot the difference on the proto pics and wondering what I was missing 😅

• Haha 2

Instead of fixing:
 - ugly green hue on lower resolutions
 - hardware camera button being hardcoded to worst camera app ever
 - clicking sound on headphones
 - no ability to get national symbols on hardware keyboard
 - problems with microSD cards
 - this horrible curved screen
you are making this abomination called Pro1-X which is just Pro-1 with more memory(8GB RAM is not even needed) having the same hardware design problems(horrible fingerprint button placement, curved screen) and I guess same software ones.

Pro1 after almost a year still feels like some prototype device instead of finished product.

Scrap that Pro1-X entirely, fix Pro1 first and release DIY flat screen kits instead.

Also, fix your forums. Your "forget password" mails do not arrive. It is faster to make a new account instead.

Edited by uazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, uazz said:

Instead of fixing:
 - ugly green hue on lower resolutions
 - hardware camera button being hardcoded to worst camera app ever
 - clicking sound on headphones
 - no ability to get national symbols on hardware keyboard
 - problems with microSD cards
 - this horrible curved screen
you are making this abomination called Pro1-X which is just Pro-1 with more memory(8GB RAM is not even needed) having the same hardware design problems and I guess same software ones.

Pro1 almost after a year still feels like some prototype device instead of finished product.

Scrap that Pro1-X entirely, fix Pro1 first and release DIY flat screen kits instead.

Also, fix your forums. Your "forget password" mails do not arrive. It is faster to make a new account instead.

These are mostly software problems which may more likely to be fixed if this IGG campaign will be successful.
It may also help keeping the possibility of a future Pro2.

Selling the same hardware (with only some increased specs) is may be because they most likely not satisfied fully with the number of sold Pro1 or they feel it can be gained a bit.
Practically we may say this also affects their long-term plans.

Modifying the hardware may be a later job and that is much more complicated and more expensive.

What is the problem with SD cards (except I feel it could be faster which can be also a hardware and software limitation)?

Remember, F(x)tec had a really hard start.
They had practically no experience, then Covid broke everything.

Now they have experience, higher chance to fulfill their promises and this can be a much fluid relaunch of a great hardware with a possibility of huge software improvements, which is good anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I supported / bought one of the 599 perks, but I'm a bit pissed to miss out on the 499 pricing.  I may cancel the order after some thought.  Really the only difference is extra memory / storage, I don't think it's really worth the 599 price considering I already have the Pro1; I'd feel much better with the $100 savings.  My Pro1 has been good to me other then still no boot screen / black screen on restarts until I hit the power button a few times, and still no great case option.

• Like 1

I grabbed a $599 early bird as soon as I found the announcement in my email (about 2hrs late)
...before I actually stopped to look at the specs...

So it's just the exact same phone I have right now, but with more RAM/EMMC, and blue.

I too may cancel my pledge before this ends. Unless they plan on announcing indiestarter goals such as phone cases I'm not too keen on just buying the same phone I already have...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

Excellent idea! Let us add @Erik and @Elysia to make sure they see it.
Some might also want to buy spares (e.g. me...)

Unfortunately... No latin QWERTY keyboard T.T

Why "latin"? Because I need áàéçãõ, etc... For general communication.

I guess either I didn't scream loud enough or there's not enough money where that keyboard layout could be used 😭

Edited by brunoais
22 minutes ago, VaZso said:

If I knew that, I would order QWERTY instead of QWERTZ, hmm...

Feel the same. Ordered the Scandinavian, that does not really fit Danish. But had I known I would most likely have ordered the non-shifted standard QWERTY...
But I hardly think they would mind us changing our orders. as long as it is done well before they order the parts.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, brunoais said:

Unfortunately... No latin QWERTY keyboard T.T

Why "latin"? Because I need áàéçãõ, etc... For general communication.

I guess either I didn't scream loud enough or there's not enough money where that keyboard layout could be used 😭

You seem to be Portuguese as well so I'll just point out that physical key layout is not the same as software layout.

I'm writing this on my Pro1 and I can type é è à á ç ã etc without issue. I'm using the FinQwerty app with the US Intl layout btw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, ivoanjo said:

You seem to be Portuguese as well so I'll just point out that physical key layout is not the same as software layout.

I'm writing this on my Pro1 and I can type é è à á ç ã etc without issue. I'm using the FinQwerty app with the US Intl layout btw.

I'm portuguese, yes.

That will be my plan. Not much more can be done...

• Like 1