PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion

On 11/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, tdm said:

The first Lineage 17.1 build has been posted on the official download site.  Please note, I have not really been involved with this version and I am not running it on my device, as I prefer AICP.  I would suggest @EskeRahn create a discussion thread.  I'll probably monitor that in case any issues arise and need pointed out to the current developers.

As suggested...

And with a qquote from the original post of that thread:

You can find the builds and installation instructions on the official LineageOS Downloads page

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah that sound the problem several have encountered with the earpiece. It seems to be a mechanical issue, try to check if the display part is tight together at the earpiece end. Some have reported that

I falshed mine, with no issues. Starting from LOS16.0, MindTheGapps and addonsu. Downloaded LOS17.1 https://download.lineageos.org/pro1 OpenGApps nano, ARM64, Android10.0 https://opengapps.o

Updated yesterday via sideload with nano opengapps and Magisk. No problems so far, even banking apps with nfc payments are working! 😀

Posted Images

I was super optimistic and downloaded the two 17.1 files, flashed the loader as usual and sideloaded the zip, over the 16.0 with mindthegapps. WITHOUT wiping anything.

And well the flashing went smoothly, but it did not work.... It seems 'stuck' at the loader screen. I do see the circle move over the blue sad mouth, but it does not seem to move forward from that....

So will repeat the same with a wipe.... (and opengaps - thanks @_DW_ )

1 hour ago, jamescarruthers said:

From LOS 16 is this LOS 17 a non-destructive upgrade or destructive. I.E. Do I loose my data and settings?

I am loosing mine, but this is a test device. Others will have to answer if there is a way to keep stuff....

Non-destructive, see below

I will probably earn a blacklist entry for all Lineage support but:

I did a dirty flash from LOS 16.0 with MindTheGapps to LOS 17.1 with OpenGapps Nano. And the phone still works 😄

Just had to replace the cLock widget with another clock widget (as already mentioned in post #2).

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Wheeljack said:

I will probably earn a blacklist entry for all Lineage support but:

I did a dirty flash from LOS 16.0 with MindTheGapps to LOS 17.1 with OpenGapps Nano. And the phone still works 😄

Just had to replace the cLock widget with another clock widget (as already mentioned in post #2).

ah sounds promising then

Accepting a factory reset, things seems to work, except the keyboard.... Currently useless

EDIT: FinQWERTY can make it working on qwertZ too, for the supported layouts. At the least to some degree. Some symbols like @ is inaccessible, unless you use the fake keyboard OR make a language swap with Ctrl+Space to a language supporting @, and then back.

Lineage upgrades should always succeed without wipe, even major versions. This is independent of gapps though, you are responsible for that.

Keep in mind that first boot after a major upgrade takes a long time. I would give at least 5 minutes before giving up.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, tdm said:

Keep in mind that first boot after a major upgrade takes a long time. I would give at least 5 minutes before giving up.

I waited about half an hour or so... After a wipe it booted quickly.
Will try the Pre-production unit too without the wipe, as this got qwertY.

Do we need to remove the mindthegapps while still on 16.0 before the upgrade? Or should installing opengapps in the 17.1 process fix it?

15 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

I waited about half an hour or so... After a wipe it booted quickly.
Will try the Pre-production unit too without the wipe, as this got qwertY.

Do we need to remove the mindthegapps while still on 16.0 before the upgrade? Or should installing opengapps in the 17.1 process fix it?

If you sideload, gapps does not migrate, so you do not need to remove anything.

I do not believe major updates are distributed as OTA so that path is not possible.

I cannot say why your upgrade failed without a log, and that is no longer available I guess.

• Thanks 1

Done, went super smooth and fast 🙂

IF we got mindthegapps while on 16.0 It seems to be important instead to install opengapps during in the 17.1 process.

(That is as Mindthegapps in this version is not supported on 17.1, we can not leave it there, but have to have opengapps replacing it - as @Wheeljack did above too )

• Thanks 2

Hi all, I'm back here after about a month. I've downloaded the 17.1 image. Do I also need the 17.1 recovery? From what I read at this thread, I am thinking the answer is no, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks

EDIT: By the way. I am thinking of putting the LOS 17.1 image into my sdcard and flashing it from the sdcard via recovery as I'd been doing with the 16.1 updates. Will it work? Cheers

Edited by agent008
Added the install from sdcard question.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, agent008 said:

Do I also need the 17.1 recovery?

I do not know if you NEED it, but it looks substantially different, so I would suggest so, unless someone can say explicitely that they know you do not need it.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, agent008 said:

By the way. What keyboard driver is LOS 17.1 using? @tdm 's one from 16.1, the stock one, or the new one that was being developed by @tdm ?

It looks like the one @tdm made, but it seems to be without the qwertZ support...

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, tdm said:

The keyboard driver in 17.1 is the same as 16.0, as far as I know.  I suspect something is preventing the qwertz flag from taking effect for @EskeRahn ... logs would help with that.

The settings section where we could set the layout and other keyboards options seems omitted in the 17.1

Found it deeply buried in another menu....

39 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Sorry, Did not guess that it was moved to

Settings ► System ► Buttons ► Extra ► Additional buttons,

🙂

It is required - system mounts are handled differently, ROM will probably flash but GApps won't -- just use 17.1 recovery lol.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I do not know if you NEED it, but it looks substantially different, so I would suggest so, unless someone can say explicitely that they know you do not need it.

And yeah, we moved all button settings to, well, button settings haha.

• Like 1
  • EskeRahn changed the title to PRO1, LineageOS 17.1 Official Builds: Discussion