LineageOS 18.1 Official Release for Pro1

1 hour ago, Slion said:

Seems like they indeed fixed it and somehow without reverting those changes. I wish someone could explain that to us. My latest build is real smooth.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fxtec_pro1/+/315360 - this was merged - we missed one conversion from 44 -> 2c, the value mismatch caused the powerhal to crash.

Issue is remediated.

• Thanks 3
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just one last update on that slightly off-topic discussion from few weeks ago: Following @Sean McCreary's suggestions, I was indeed able to build an up-to-date (unofficial) LOS 16.0. It

As much as I enjoy the fact that LineageOS on the Pro1 seems to be alive and well, I am puzzled by the practice of removing previous major releases from the build systems as soon as a new version is m

Its purpose is to bring the tap-insensitive display borders back from too wide to normal after a display replacement. If you need a display replacement and you get one from any other source than

Posted Images

On 9/8/2021 at 12:01 AM, npjohnson said:

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fxtec_pro1/+/315360 - this was merged - we missed one conversion from 44 -> 2c, the value mismatch caused the powerhal to crash.

Issue is remediated.

Should this fix actually be backported to 17.1 and 16.0, or was it purely "cosmetical"?

• Like 2
On 9/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, claude0001 said:

Should this fix actually be backported to 17.1 and 16.0, or was it purely "cosmetical"?

It's not just cosmetical but I have no idea if you can just take it as it is to for earlier version. Though I would think so. However make sure you take the earlier similar change too as not having both will surely cause the lags we had on that one 18.1 release.

• Like 1

I decided to make the jump and use Lineage OS 18.1 as my daily driver. Moved both my SIMs from my stock Pro1 to my Lineage Pro1. Though I'm not using the official release. Instead I have a custom build with a modified keyboard driver, which is work in progresss. It seems I can still develop that driver without compromising my daily regular use.

Took a bit of time and a few reboots to get my Orange FR SIM data to work but I had the exact same experience on stock as I recall. 1&1 DE SIM data worked straight away.

Just wanted to congratulate everyone involved in making Lineage OS on Pro1 as good as it is today. It's pretty awsome stuff.

Edited by Slion
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Slion said:

It's not just cosmetical but I have no idea if you can just take it as it is to for earlier version. Though I would think so.

I was asking about the patch being "cosmetical" because in the commit message of the patch it says:

[...] The current values seem to expect to be written as s32, this sadly won't happen and triggers a special case in the write handling of pm_qos_power_write: it expects char buffers to be encoded as base16 and decodes them. This means the current 44 is actually 0x44 -> 68 seen by the kernel. Luckily it seems like both accepted values for this node don't hit the threshold to enter C2, so it was never noticed in real usage and didn't effect the device C-States handling during hints.

(emphasis mine).

Actually the patch cannot be directly used in LOS 16.0 because more entries (related to the use of PowerHAL in later releases, I guess) have beeen added meanwhile. Anyhow, I backported the change from '44 -> 2c' to a test build of LOS 16, and that has been running normally on my Pro1 for two days now ... Question is, should there be any (net) effect of this change (e.g. regarding power consumption), or not? 🤔

2 hours ago, Slion said:

However make sure you take the earlier similar change too as not having both will surely cause the lags we had on that one 18.1 release.

Yes, that one was clear to me. Thanks for the warning, though. 🙂

• Like 1

What's your experience with call quality on LOS? So far I only had one phone call and the volume was totally ok, none of the extra loudness issues from stock. However as I tried to adjust the volume it did not seem to adjust by much I could hardly hear any difference. Not that it need adjusting though, it was just fine, just wanted to try it out.

Edited by Slion
1 hour ago, Slion said:

What's your experience with call quality on LOS? So far I only had one phone call and the volume was totally ok, none of the extra loudness issues from stock. However as I tried to adjust the volume it did not seem to adjust by much I could hardly hear any difference. Not that it need adjusting though, it was just fine, just wanted to try it out.

Since I have never had stock, I cannot compare LOS to it regarding call quality. But I somehow remember @tdm saying the telephony bits were taken 1:1 from stock, so maybe there really should not be much of a difference ... All I can say is I'm happy with the few phone calls I make. Yes, sometimes I adjust the volume during a call, but no idea if the Pro1 is to "blame" in those cases, or whether it is my partner's phone.

That said, I am probably the wrong person to ask, really. I have accepted the fact that reliability and audio quality in telephony reached its peak around the time of the last mechanical-dial phones. Then we improved things further ... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Slion said:

experience with call quality on LOS? So far I only had one phone call and the volume was totally ok

From my experience with LOS (16.1 and 18.1, never used stock) I can say that the excessive call volume is related to VoLTE being enabled and active on both sides. While someone else (on another network) reported he had to completely disable 4G, for me, disabling VoLTE ("4G Calling" in the "Mobile network" settings) was enough to get rid of the issue.

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
13 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210020-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on September 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But the reintroduced Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed, see above.

As usual, the OTA update installed smoothly here, too (with previously sideloaded MindTheGApps and Magisk installations unharmed)...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 4

I'm experiencing fingerprint scanner issues on LOS18.1. The device cannot be awakened using a fingerprint sensor in sleep mode. And this issue occurs *randomly*. Sometimes the scanner work, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm sure this is not my device's hardware issue because it works properly on stock rom (which is overly responsive). I'm trying to figure out what makes the scanner dead(e.g. 3rd-party application, external add-ons like gapps, magisk), but there's still no result. 

Is there anyone who's experiencing same issue? 

37 minutes ago, aliceshard said:

I'm experiencing fingerprint scanner issues on LOS18.1. The device cannot be awakened using a fingerprint sensor in sleep mode. And this issue occurs *randomly*. Sometimes the scanner work, sometimes it doesn't.

Same here, with LOS17.1 and LOS18.1. Never try on stock.

To be honest, I give up with fingerprint sensor for months now, as I suspected a hardware problem. But would be happy if this fonctionnality could work.

4 hours ago, aliceshard said:

I'm sure this is not my device's hardware issue because it works properly on stock rom (which is overly responsive). I'm trying to figure out what makes the scanner dead(e.g. 3rd-party application, external add-ons like gapps, magisk), but there's still no result. 

Is there anyone who's experiencing same issue? 

Yes, I already saw this on LOS 16.1 (never used stock), thought it was the hardware, and decided to just live with it...

Also, if I have observed everything correctly, when in this state, after using the on/off button and swiping up to get the num pad (I have a numerical code configured as well), sometimes fingerprints work to unlock the device then, sometimes not.

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

(lineage-18.1-20210027-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on September 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

...But the reintroduced Accessibility / keyboard bug is not (yet) fixed, see above.

Same here with the OTA update. 

• Like 1

(lineage-18.1-20211004-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on September 5 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

(lineage-18.1-20211018-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on October 1 security patch installed smoothly using adb sideload and Open_Gapps-arm64-11-pico-20210712)

• Thanks 1

Updated successfully OTA, but with a slight hiccup, to LineageOS version 18.1-20211025-NIGHTLY-pro1, security patchlevel October 1, with GApps and Magisk kept intact. 

The hiccup was that the phone, after restarting and then displaying the LineageOS animation for 20 minutes or so, booted into some kind of recovery, showing this screen (but after hitting 'try again', the system came up without problems in normal time, i.e. a few seconds) :

IMG_20211025_123501.thumb.jpg.d37dc765ade0d7d53d84a10ac9c32ff1.jpg

Now of course I wonder whether this was caused by something in the update or maybe my phone is developing a problem...? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

(lineage-18.1-20211101-nightly-pro1-signed.zip on October 1 security patch installed smoothly using OTA )

Actually it has goten worse as accessibility keyboard not only interferes with Ctrl-Space, now these apps access to the keyboard aren't working any more. Try e.g. Android Assistant