LineageOS 20.0 Official Release for Pro1x (QX1050)

8 hours ago, DieBruine said:

I thank you for the suggestion, and will try it. But I'm pretty sure this is not the case. It always worked on LoS 16, 17, and 19 on several other phones and tablets, including my Pro1. I believe it is a software issue/ bug and not a security issue.

The app just freezes trying to scan my ID. I think it's because of a driver or call to the camera. The app responds, kinda. But the image freezes where it's supposed to focus and recognize the characters in the image. Guess I'll have to get used to accessing my account when I get home.

You can try the following commands (from telegram) to get the camera working:

Just executed two commands and voila: camera works again
$ adb shell setprop vendor.debug.camera.eisv3enable 1
$ adb shell killall -9 [email protected]_64

I had even transport apps simply crash (on opening the account/tickets view) when the safety net check failed.

Edited by Benni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, fixed it. Prawn-X is back alive! 🥳 Turned out the battery was completely flat. After disassembling, I measured 0.00 V between the pins! I do not know how that happened, maybe I did accidental

Charging-only mode is part of Android, so the phone must be able to boot the high-level OS to charge. When you connect a power source, it will always start the Android boot process. If the off-mode-ch

@jakfishFWIW, when I did this on stock Android 2.1.2, I only did "fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1", and it worked fine with the battery animation present on the screen by default. YMMV, I guess. I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Benni said:

No idea how it works with microG, sorry.

Also not my mod, I'm just a user.

My question aimed at the "make apps believe the phone is not rooted" part. The rest I think Ihave already been able to do.

I did a quick search on that but couldn't find an answer which I understand, so I thought I may just ask.

2 hours ago, eorg said:

My question aimed at the "make apps believe the phone is not rooted" part. The rest I think Ihave already been able to do.

I did a quick search on that but couldn't find an answer which I understand, so I thought I may just ask.

Yes, it makes the app believe that the phone is not rooted

• Thanks 2

20 hours before my flight, finally everything up and running. The screen flickers and dies on me 😑. I shit you not. Whn I press the power button the screen flashes yellow and that's it. Bye bye Pro1, back to FxTec you go 🤕.

• Sad 4
On 5/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, Hook said:

No, at least I don't.

how did you install magisk? I've tried to "patch" boot file of lineage - it works, but not with OTA.

I've also tried to "install" natively via magisk manager both in current and inactive slot, but it didn't do the trick for me.

After updating via OTA - I'm losing my root.

Edited by zstas
1 hour ago, zstas said:

how did you install magisk? I've tried to "patch" boot file of lineage - it works, but not with OTA.

I've also tried to "install" natively via magisk manager both in current and inactive slot, but it didn't do the trick for me.

After updating via OTA - I'm losing my root.

I flash Magisk as a zip in recovery when I first flash Lineage.  After first boot, I download and open Magisk Manager and choose the install option where Magisk Manager does all the boot image patching shuffle and rebooting automagically itself.  After that, I never touch Magisk Manager again (I only root for SU, I don't use any of the modules-- or at least I don't change any defaults) and I keep root after OTA.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Hook said:

I flash Magisk as a zip in recovery when I first flash Lineage.

This is the key to Magisk surviving updates.  When you flash Magisk in recovery mode, it installs its survival script.  It can't do that if you just install it as an apk.

And yes, you can install Magisk in recovery on top of an existing apk install to gain this functionality.

• Thanks 2

EDIT: Doh I missed the above messages... I guess I'll try again.

Are you flashing the latest version of Magisk?

Could I get some help installing magisk on 20.0 from someone please?

Lineage is installed but can't seem to get Magisk working - I patched the boot.img and flashed it but the Magisk app doesn't change...

Edited by PokeParadox
On 5/17/2023 at 12:04 PM, PokeParadox said:

(Edit:  I'm an idiot and apparently can't read.  Ignore this!  :classic_blush: Why are you trying to install such an ancient version?  The current version of Magisk is 26.1.

On 5/17/2023 at 12:04 PM, PokeParadox said:

Lineage is installed but can't seem to get Magisk working - I patched the boot.img and flashed it but the Magisk app doesn't change.

Flashing the patched boot.img doesn't affect the Magisk app at all.  You either need to adb sideload the apk from recovery, or install the apk as a normal app in LineageOS.  It should then keep itself up to date if you don't disable update checks.

Edited by ducksoup
Dumb me.
17 minutes ago, zstas said:

where can I find the zip archive with magisk to sideload it? I couldn't find it on the official github.

You simply rename the .apk file to .zip (apk files are really a type of zip/archive), then flash it from recovery.

Here are the actual instructions from the web site, under Custom Recovery:

https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#custom-recovery

6 hours ago, ducksoup said:
9 hours ago, PokeParadox said:

Why are you trying to install such an ancient version?  The current version of Magisk is 26.1.

I suppose he meant LOS 20.0, not Magisk 20.0 🙂 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ducksoup said:

Errrr, yeah.  Completely glossed over the "on" in there.  Sorry.  :classic_blush:

I think we have all done this once or twice, somewhere.  God's way of keeping us humble.  😄

• Haha 1
On 5/15/2023 at 3:42 AM, DieBruine said:

20 hours before my flight.... I press the power button the screen flashes yellow and that's it🤕...

I took the Pro1x with me and tried getting it to work during the flight. I'm not quite sure what happened or why. But after about 10 hours into the flight I got it up and running. I've been using it heavy as a portable travel pc instead of my bulky GPD WIn4. I ordered a router from Japan Wireless so I'm connected to the internet.
My only issue so far is that the camera won't work from within Signal. During my stay here I have missed 2 telephone calls. I'm assuming this was because of the connectivity issue with this phone. But it could also be because all the noise and just how busy Japan is that I missed the calls... Anyway, Pro1x with me with a custom made vinyl screen protector, my previous Pro1 bumper as my navigation unit, translator and message machine. It would have killed me to do all of this on my 3" Unihertz Jelly 2. Especially translating using Google Translate 😅.

Edited by DieBruine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lineage-20.0-20230525-nightly-pro1x-signed.zip with May 5 security patch installed smoothly via OTA. I have MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-202230408_100653, and root was maintained.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Benni said:

I needed to switch back to the old slot because bluetooth audio was broken for me. Both media and calls.

I don't really use BT, so I  wouldn't notice, but seems strange as there is nothing BT in the change log. 

• Thanks 1
On 5/17/2023 at 10:04 AM, PokeParadox said:

EDIT: Doh I missed the above messages... I guess I'll try again.

Are you flashing the latest version of Magisk?

Lineage is installed but can't seem to get Magisk working - I patched the boot.img and flashed it but the Magisk app doesn't change...

Just an update to maybe help anyone having the same problem:

I had forgotten to delete my old "hidden" Magisk installation and this confusing/preventing Magisk 26.x from realising it was installed in recovery.

As soon as I uninstalled the hidden Magisk application, running the latest installed Magisk prompted me to complete the installation finally!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I apologize if this has been mentioned in this topic, but is there any documentation showing bugs that we might see in the Pro1X on Android that we won't see on the Pro1X with LineageOS?

13 hours ago, david said:

I apologize if this has been mentioned in this topic, but is there any documentation showing bugs that we might see in the Pro1X on Android that we won't see on the Pro1X with LineageOS?

No, no documentation, but to be honest, I don't think there are many.  Stock Android 11 on the Pro1x actually is pretty nice and runs very smoothly. If you add Finqwerty (particularly the corrected one Rob S made available), it's really nice keyboard experience. 

LOS doesn't fix many things... if you are having problems with LTE and cell signal in stock, you will probably still have them in LOS.  You get some additional features, you get a great reduction in bloat if you don't use a lot of google apps, the keyboard mapping works fine without Finqwerty, and you get up-to-date Android security patches (not vendor patches). These things are worth it to me.

But, no, not a lot of fixes over stock. More just additional features that give you more control. And less Google if you want that.

• Thanks 1