Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

I'm sure you could ask way more for an OG Pro1 in such good condition. I'd be very much tempted, but i've got a spare prawn already. Would be a pity if yours had to spend its remaining life in a

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Posted Images

On 1/12/2021 at 4:53 PM, VaZso said:

I think that is the best layout of original Pro1 and it was even unavailable outside of Europe.
I love it anyway... although it is a German layout, it is not shifted which makes it good for use together with international layouts.

I doubt many in here will doubt that I agree on that 😇
Actually I'm surprised that the bid is currently still only at $500, so unless some are sitting waiting to strike at the last moments of the auction, it could look like a lucky bidder is getting it a really good price.

• Like 1
On 1/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, EskeRahn said:

Actually I'm surprised that the bid is currently still only at $500

My suspicion is that the Pro¹ X prices on Indiegogo might have exercised some downward pressure on the used market prices for the Pro¹...

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Rob. S. said:

My suspicion is that the Pro¹ X prices on Indiegogo might have exercised some downward pressure on the used market prices for the Pro¹...

Obviously, but for many there is quite a difference between 'now' and aiming at shipping in March. 😜

(BTW currently at $600 with two hours remaining)

Actually highest bidder couldn't follow through on the payment and is now de-registered as an eBay user. Contacted second highest bidder on eBay messages but if that person doesn't check their eBay account I want to make that person aware of it here.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, MalteM said:

Yes, finally managed to sell it. Ebay sure was a hassle with all their rules and exceptions. I don't want to use them ever again for these kinds of sells - it was super complicated. But hopefully new buyer will be happy.

I have never tried to sell anything en ebay, but it seems like it mainly orient itself towards large sellers, selling to ordinary users, more than user-to-user sales. Especially a complicated machine is started if things does not go smooth, like the idiot with fake biddings on yours.

It would be smart if ebay required a minimum feedback and a minimum total sum of Buy-now sales, before a user was allowed to bid in an auction, without paying! If the user did not meet the limit the maximum bid amount should be drawn immediately at bid-time, (and potentially returned at auction-end, minus say 1% handling fee if they did not have the winning bid) - the difference returned with no fee if the winning price was below their maximum bid.

45 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

It would be smart if ebay required a minimum feedback and a minimum total sum of Buy-now sales, before a user was allowed to bid in an auction

Isn't it possible to exclude bidders based on minimum feedback, or at least exclude bidders with zero feedback? Personally I've never used that option, but I seem to remember that I've seen something like it...

I'm no freqent seller on ebay myself, but I must say my experience overall is nothing but positive, except of course the exorbitant 10% sales commission for ebay which just can't be helped, that's how monopolies go. I guess @MalteM got really unlucky in this case...

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Uh was not aware that they were that greedy...

...and I assume the paypal fee getting the money comes on top of that...?

Indeed; if I remember correctly that's a small fixed fee plus something around 2.5%...

Plus there's ebay's fee for setting up the auction in the first place but that's more or less negligible for items of this category...

9 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I have never tried to sell anything en ebay, but it seems like it mainly orient itself towards large sellers, selling to ordinary users, more than user-to-user sales. Especially a complicated machine is started if things does not go smooth, like the idiot with fake biddings on yours.

It would be smart if ebay required a minimum feedback and a minimum total sum of Buy-now sales, before a user was allowed to bid in an auction, without paying! If the user did not meet the limit the maximum bid amount should be drawn immediately at bid-time, (and potentially returned at auction-end, minus say 1% handling fee if they did not have the winning bid) - the difference returned with no fee if the winning price was below their maximum bid.

Well biding should just reserve the amount on your credit card, and release it again once you haven't got the highest bid any more. But for that, you need the money you are spending available on your cc, which is unfortunately not compatible with the american way of life...

• Haha 2

I'm curious why I would pay more for a used pro 1 one than a brand new one? 

Indiegogo has the 8gb 256 gb storage for $759 I think I'll just bite that bullet. I wouldn't pay over $500 for a used one when I can get a brand new one for $699.  Thanks anyways.

Edited by JordanKirsch83
  • Haha 1
On 1/22/2021 at 1:15 AM, JordanKirsch83 said:

I'm curious why I would pay more for a used pro 1 one than a brand new one?

To get is now maybe. I seriously doubt the Xs will start shipping for at least another 6 months. If you order it now you most certainly won't get it for another year I reckon. They have some serious backlog to go through. I'm not saying you should not order it. You should go, go, go order it. Just be ready for a long wait. Or get a used one now and bite the premium.

• Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.