Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.

35 minutes ago, Slion said:

To get is now maybe. I seriously doubt the Xs will start shipping for at least another 6 months. If you order it now you most certainly won't get it for another year I reckon. They have some serious backlog to go through. I'm not saying you should not order it. You should go, go, go order it. Just be ready for a long wait. Or get a used one now and bite the premium.

As I said in another thread, I'm a bit more optimistic than this.  I will be surprised if they hit March, but I don't expect anything on the scale of 6 months to a year unless there is another global shutdown.  I do think 2021 is different from 2020. Of course, I have no particular facts to base this projection on,

• Like 2
  • Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro 1. Now on a Pixel 7. I like the phones that start with a P and end with a number.

I'm sure you could ask way more for an OG Pro1 in such good condition. I'd be very much tempted, but i've got a spare prawn already. Would be a pity if yours had to spend its remaining life in a

@Jeffrey I edited your message.   It is a really bad idea to post email addresses and phone numbers on forums.  It invites collection of that personal information.  I left the email in a less bot-reco

Posted Images

On 1/22/2021 at 1:15 AM, JordanKirsch83 said:

I'm curious why I would pay more for a used pro 1 one than a brand new one? 

Indiegogo has the 8gb 256 gb storage for $759 I think I'll just bite that bullet. I wouldn't pay over $500 for a used one when I can get a brand new one for $699.  Thanks anyways.

You pay more because you're guaranteed to get it, and you'd get it faster.

• Like 3

QWERTY in the UK ending tomorrow 26/JAN/2021 @ 1623 GMT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-x-tec-Pro1-Pro-1-QX1000-QWERTY-keyboard-smartphone/114639000304

Just for the sake of transparency, this phone was bought for 661GBP and has a reserve 100GBP less (551GBP) which I do not think it unreasonable for a phone that it only a few months old with a bit of wear detailed in the advert.

Edited by jamescarruthers
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, jamescarruthers said:

QWERTY in the UK ending tomorrow 26/JAN/2021 @ 1623 GMT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/F-x-tec-Pro1-Pro-1-QX1000-QWERTY-keyboard-smartphone/114639000304

Just for the sake of transparency, this phone was bought for 661GBP and has a reserve 100GBP less (551GBP) which I do not think it unreasonable for a phone that it only a few months old with a bit of wear detailed in the advert.

Reposted, now with no reserve. It starts at 450GBP and sells from that price upwards. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114651678269

• Like 1
On 1/13/2021 at 10:05 AM, Rob. S. said:

I just hope my 1.5 year old Moto Z3 Play's already deteriorating battery will stay usable for as long as it has to take for the first of the Pro1s to come in...

That hope has not been justified... My Z3 Play was dead this morning after the charging level still had been at 70% when I went to bed last night. Quick-Charged back from what seemed to be zero to 100% within a few minutes, it booted up, but dropped dead again shortly after disconnecting, only showing the charging symbol again. 

Now, with my mixed experience with the local repair shops around here, it very much looks like I need to buy a second substitute phone to bridge the time between my first-ever non-keyboard phone (the original Moto Z that I bought in early 2019, for the Livermorium Keyboard Mod that unfortunately never happened) and the Pro¹... 

• Sad 3

Good thing the local electronics retailers, although the shops are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, are still running an order online & collect local service, with a pickup notification coming in per e-mail really quick as long as something's already in stock locally. Managed to buy the cheapest 4GB/64GB phone (at least, so that I can simply restore everything without having to either select stuff or fear storage shortage) that I could find, the discounted Motorola (again) Moto G8 for 139€ (reduced from 199€). It's amazing how much smartphone you can get for such a small price. It even has dedicated macro and superwide cameras! Now I just hope I'm not going to miss these when the Pro¹ finally arrives 😉

Edited by Rob. S.
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Rob. S. said:

Good thing the local electronics retailers, although the shops are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, are still running an order online & collect local service, with a pickup notification coming in per e-mail really quick as long as something's already in stock locally. Managed to buy the cheapest 4GB/64GB phone (at least, so that I can simply restore everything without having to either select stuff or fear storage shortage) that I could find, the discounted Motorola (again) Moto G8 for 139€ (reduced from 199€). It's amazing how much smartphone you can get for such a small price. It even has dedicated macro and superwide cameras! Now I just hope I'm not going to miss these when the Pro¹ finally arrives 😉

Motos are great cheap phones.  I'm using a G8 Power right now that I got on sale from Moto US a while back. The worse things about Moto phones is their USB ports seem to lose their grip after a lot of use.  My G8 power would be a fine phone if it only had a real keyboard.  😉

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jamescarruthers said:

Not sold even at £450. That is £211 off the price I paid.

FFS, what is a second hand Pro 1 worth then? 

Welcome to the wonders of Brexit.... as @netman already posted.

And as March is approaching the demand is not as high as a few months ago. (obviously we do not know if the pending will be sent out in March as planned)

Also some might prefer the non-shifted qwerty-keyboard of the Pro1X, and finally the scuff-marks could put some off too, if people do not plan to use it in a case.

3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Welcome to the wonders of Brexit.... as @netman already posted.

I have heard a lot of surprise also apply to UK residents when they notice the TAX / VAT and additional customs handling fee.
So it is a two-way problem...

• Like 1

I've also noted that, unfortunately, the way "F(x)tec" is spelled (and potentially also the superscript 1 in "Pro¹" if a seller would type it that way) makes it difficult for a potential buyer to even find existing offers in an ebay search. The problem most probably is that brackets have a special function in the search box (enabling an "or" conjunction), and it seems to me they aren't even honored as just being bracket characters if set in quotes, like "F(x)tec".

• Like 1

I was looking to buy one second hand, but now I'm not so sure.  I don't plan to use it as a primary device and it will be only for testing.

Reading this thread there seems to be some of those floating around, but the price is just too high considering that I could get a new one for 470 pounds (that's 20 pounds more than second hand for a new device )

I'm sorry ppl that are trying to sell are fundamentally competing with the indiegogo campaign.

Perhaps after it will be easier.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am selling my Pro1 with QWERTZ keyboard layout. Why am I selling it? Well, I figured that I like better keyboards like the one I used before & to which I will go back again - from a Blackberry Key One. I can simply use it better than the Pro1, which is why I scarcely used the keyboard of the Pro1 - way lesser than I did with the Key One... 😞

I am feeling really sad selling it - because I want keyboard phones , and want to support any producer who is so brave, and I was starving for a bit more than a year when I got it in August 2020! However, it is now up for sale.

The conditions is - as you can see - pretty decent. It was always used with a screen protector, put into a fit bag. The only sign of use is the shown scratch on the top border to the back, it is 2 or 3 mm wide and as thick as hair. If you to not search it, you will no see it.

Regarding the price: I do not expect to get what I had paid for it (667€). And indeed I used it for some time. Make me a fair offer and we can talk!

Contents: the box contains all original content (apparently the phone, charger with UK and DE plug + cable which were never used, two additional screen protection foils, the original FXTEC phone sleeve (also unused) and all that comes in the decent & like new orginal box. I will do a factory reset prior to shipping.

I am not yet putting the phone up in Ebay, because I would prefer to sell to some here in the community who hates to wait! 😉

1 - FXTEC Pro1.jpg

2 - FXTEC Pro1  Package.jpg

Edited by Montal8179
  • Like 2
On 2/8/2021 at 2:25 AM, Montal8179 said:

Hi there,

I am selling my Pro1 with QWERTZ keyboard layout. Why am I selling it? Well, I figured that I like better keyboards like the one I used before & to which I will go back again - from a Blackberry Key One. I can simply use it better than the Pro1, which is why I scarcely used the keyboard of the Pro1 - way lesser than I did with the Key One... 😞

I am feeling really sad selling it - because I want keyboard phones , and want to support any producer who is so brave, and I was starving for a bit more than a year when I got it in August 2020! However, it is now up for sale.

The conditions is - as you can see - pretty decent. It was always used with a screen protector, put into a fit bag. The only sign of use is the shown scratch on the top border to the back, it is 2 or 3 mm wide and as thick as hair. If you to not search it, you will no see it.

Regarding the price: I do not expect to get what I had paid for it (667€). And indeed I used it for some time. Make me a fair offer and we can talk!

Contents: the box contains all original content (apparently the phone, charger with UK and DE plug + cable which were never used, two additional screen protection foils, the original FXTEC phone sleeve (also unused) and all that comes in the decent & like new orginal box. I will do a factory reset prior to shipping.

I am not yet putting the phone up in Ebay, because I would prefer to sell to some here in the community who hates to wait! 😉

@Montal8179I would be interested in purchasing the phone.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:09 AM, mbecroft said:

Hi guys,

I am definitely interested in buying a 2nd hand Pro1. I don't mind if the paint is a bit scuffed.

*Subject to an assurance that I can cancel my order with F(x)tec* (from 6+ months ago), regarding which I am in contact with F(x)tec right now.

I'll definitely be on this forum next few days.

Cheers -Mario

@Montal8179 @jamescarruthers

My phone is sold to Mario and heading to NZ very soon

🙂

• Like 2

Is anyone here in Berlin, DE? I have a pro1 that I'm not using. The condition is basically mint - except for the Sim tray, that thing can go straight to hell. There might also be an issue with the FP sensor, I never quite got it to work, but might be my fingers..

I don't want anything for it, so giving it away for free - the thing is I don't want to deal with shipping or anything, so you'd have to come pick it up. It would be nice if the person uses it instead of profitting off it on ebay but that's mostly a pinky promise..

Edit: it's given away now.

Edited by eldarion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hook changed the title to Selling Pro1or Pro1x. Please no requests for devices, only post if you have one to sell yourself.