Various questions to the PRO1 not yet answered

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very clever... 😜 ...Sorry, have no equipment to measure that, but clearly (ho ho), brighter than the one on a Samsung S8-

We are getting even further off topic -sigh- but it is a very versatile tool, though it is far from perfect, and not all updates have been improvements (e.g. hiding "Reply" in landscape under Ellipsis

Video is meant to be in portraitΒ πŸ˜‚Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This is great news!

Β 

It looks like a beautiful phone and I can't wait to be typing on this thing. I still want to throw my current phone through the window almost every day out of frustration of having to type on a screen. ;)

Β 

Three questions:

Β 

(1) What kind of Android will it be? A stock Android version with some additions and updated in house, or will it be part of the Android One family with updates and upgrades directly from Google?

Β 

(2) Will it get official Sailfish OS support as previously hinted? And with official support I mean paid support which includes support for running Android apps. A niche device deserves a niche OS. ;)

Β 

(3) The specs don't mention the weight of this beast. So how heavy is it? Grams please because we're living in a metric world. ;)

Β 

And a few minor things I would've loved to see differently:

Β 

(1) Up-to-date SoC. The Snapdragon 835 is old by every tech standard. It should've really been a 845 at least. The 855 will already show up in this year's high-end devices.

Β 

(2) Those rounded screen edges. No like.. I much prefer a rather straight design. More akin to the Sonys and Nokias of this world than the Samsungs and Apples. That's very much a personal thing of course. But at least there's no notch. ;)

Β 

(3) Having to choose between a second sim card or an sd card. I have and use both now..

This is great news!

Β 

It looks like a beautiful phone and I can't wait to be typing on this thing. I still want to throw my current phone through the window almost every day out of frustration of having to type on a screen. ;)

Β 

Three questions

Β 

(1) What kind of Android will it be? A stock Android version with some additions and updated in house, or will it be part of the Android One family with updates and upgrades directly from Google?

Β 

(2) Will it get official Sailfish OS support as previously hinted? And with official support I mean paid support which includes support for running Android apps. A niche device deserves a niche OS. ;)

Β 

(3) The specs don't mention the weight of this beast. So how heavy is it? Grams please because we're living in a metric world. ;)

Β 

And a few minor things I would've loved to see differently.

Β 

(1) Up-to-date SoC. The Snapdragon 835 is old by every tech standard. It should've really been a 845 at least. The 855 will already show up in this year's high-end devices.

Β 

(2) Those rounded screen edges. No like.. I much prefer a rather straight design. More akin to the Sonys and Nokias of this world than the Samsungs and Apples. That's very much a personal thing of course. But at least there's no notch. ;)

Β 

(3) Having to choose between a second sim card or an sd card. I have and use both now..

This is great news!

Β 

Β 

Three questions

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

And a few minor things I would've loved to see differently

Β 

Β 

Β 

(3) Having to choose between a second sim card or an sd card. I have and use both now.

@liew_sp - I think I read on one of the reviews that it's the same unit used in the Pixel 3?

Β 

F(x)tec team - well done on your journey so far. I was a backer for your Moto Mod keyboard and although was gutted that it didn't pan out, can see that you've taken the knowledge gained and really delivered a decent looking product. Having last used a keyboard slider years ago (Xperia X1) I have been silently rooting for you guys.

Β 

I will most likely place a pre-order but have a couple of questions first:

1) Are there any planned discounts for backers of the Moto Mod keyboard?

2) Excuse my ignorance, but what is the reason for the price to be 649 irrespective of currency?

Β 

Β 

This is great news!

Β 

What a beautiful phone and I can't wait to be typing on this thing. I still want to throw my current phone through the window almost every day out of frustration of having to type on a screen. ;)

Β 

Three questions

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

And a few minor things I would've loved to see differently

Β 

Β 

Β 

(3) Having to choose between a second sim card or an sd card. I have and use both now.

Size 5" is max, otherwise I will be unable to get all keys with thumbs only to be able to use device without table:-) N900 was great, but too small display to display more information. Larger than 5" would need to place device on same table and use all fingers (e.g. Gemini PDA from Planet Computers - I consider to buy Cosmo Communicator too last time :-) but Pro1 would be better for me, more N900-like device).

I would buy Pro1 even for 1000EUR/US$. The landscape sliding HW KBD has for me really high prio. The N900 was very expansive too, but it was great phone. Sadly the HW (RAM) was small :(

Stock Android with possible update to newer release and with simple root access would be great.

Standard Linux as dual boot would be perfekt.

I accept older HW, I don't need the newest one.

I want external SD.

Second SIM would be good.

Thank you.

Well rowos it is also a matter of how 'deep' in the hand it is resting.

Β 

Try to take a large phablet or pocket calculator and place it in landscape resting on the outer two/three joints of two/three fingers, and support it with ringfinger/pinky you will see that you can keep a secure grip and have a huge range with the thumbs.

Β 

We would naturally place a smaller device with the corners in the palms, but it is not a must for a secure grib

Hi,

I am also curious about the weight ?

And when the QWERTZ keyboard will come.

Β 

Also I want to say, that the rounded screen edges are real display killers ! I destroyed the display of my BB Priv, because it fell directly on the edge. Now I have a case which secures the edges but makes it look very bold. I would appreciate a "normal" display in future versions...

Β 

Best regards

Michael

One thing which is not clear for me in specifications - what GNSS (GPS / GLONASS / Galileo / BeiDou) systems are supported?

Β 

Anyway, if you could share what model of sensors are in the device would be also good (like the GNSS / Accelerometer / Magnetometer / Gyroscope sensors).