New Forum Bug Reports & Suggestions

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful as expected 🙂  

Hi everyone, We expect to find a few bugs with our new forum platform. Please let us know what your suggestions and reports are :). Important bugs we know of: 1. If you have a display n

I think I posted this before.  But I've never used another message board/forum where editing had a time limit.  Sure, if someone changes something, it may mess up the other messages, but so what?  ins

Posted Images

It would be nice in the notification drop down, with some 'mark as read', especially on various 'Reactions'. It seems a bit silly to have to open it to clear it. On the other hand it make a lot of sense for "Quoted" or "Mentioned" to see what it is.

Am I missing something?  If I simply type a message into the editor and then change my mind about posting, easy peasy, I can just backspace destruct everything and go back to the forum index and everything is gone.

However, if I quote someone, that quote is treated by the editor as a graphic (why?) and I have found no way to get rid of it.  I have to go back to the forum index, then return to a reply box (it can b in any thread) and click on it and *then* it will finally offer me a link to clear the editor.  I'd really like a clear draft/clear editor button or link always available in the editor.

6 minutes ago, Hook said:

Am I missing something?  If I simply type a message into the editor and then change my mind about posting, easy peasy, I can just backspace destruct everything and go back to the forum index and everything is gone.

However, if I quote someone, that quote is treated by the editor as a graphic (why?) and I have found no way to get rid of it.  I have to go back to the forum index, then return to a reply box (it can b in any thread) and click on it and *then* it will finally offer me a link to clear the editor.  I'd really like a clear draft/clear editor button or link always available in the editor.

You can get rid of it with e.g .Ctrl+Z or by Ctrl+A and Del. But yeah a bit odd.

ADD: You can also click the right part of the quote line, and then Del

ADD II: Actually multiple BackSpaces also works

• Thanks 2
  • Erik unpinned this topic

Ran into a new one today when trying to post lots of pictures.   It seems theres 2MB limit per post, that's fine.  But if I submit a post, then try to reply to myself to start another post, it gives me the same popup error (pasted below) even for the first image of the new post.  To get around it, I have to refresh the page, then it lets me reply again.

image.png.62bb733ded43b10d31a62c21a49b437c.png

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Craig said:

Ran into a new one today when trying to post lots of pictures.   It seems theres 2MB limit per post, that's fine.  But if I submit a post, then try to reply to myself to start another post, it gives me the same popup error (pasted below) even for the first image of the new post.  To get around it, I have to refresh the page, then it lets me reply again.

image.png.62bb733ded43b10d31a62c21a49b437c.png

Yup, I've seen that too, but forgot to report it.😔

Suggestion.

There are some sub forums already.   For people reporting phone bugs, they should just start a new thread in the bugs sub-forume.  Chen's existing thread could just be a list of known bugs, with links to their discussion threads...

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Craig said:

Suggestion.

There are some sub forums already.   For people reporting phone bugs, they should just start a new thread in the bugs sub-forume.  Chen's existing thread could just be a list of known bugs, with links to their discussion threads...

Please no. It would be too difficult and time consuming to navigate.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, abielins said:

Please no. It would be too difficult and time consuming to navigate.

as opposed to one thread to discuss every possible issue?  I imagine that would end up pages and pages long and confusing with no idea what anyones talking about.  The point was one thread per issue to make it EASY to navigate, and save time so you don't have to read about issues you're not interested in, or get mixed up which replies are applicable to which issue, etc.

Edited by Craig
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Craig said:

as opposed to one thread to discuss every possible issue?

Hm when i first read i was opposed to the idea, but thinking twice, it'd work if there was a dedicated subforum for it. I still vote for bugzilla or equivalent software.

8 hours ago, Craig said:

There is already a dedicated subforum for it, that's the point, it's already here.  https://community.fxtec.com/?forumId=48

The problem is in the way the subforums are displayed.  If they were displayed hierarchically, that would be great.  Right now it is a matter of having to fiddle with check boxes to filter out other stuff.  I think UI navigation is the key here.  

I do agree that, no matter the topic, if it is about many instances of some topic, then separate threads are better than everything being co-mingled into a single thread.  The sub-forum (or whatever grouping object it is) could hold the name of the topic and then the threads could be for each instance of that topic.  I think bug-zilla type tracking is better for bugs too, but using that as an example, having a different thread per bug would be the aim.  

In the current form of the forums, I think they need another layer under the top groupings and that is where the sub-groupings would be and then finally the threads within those sub-groupings.  But we need a hierarchical way to navigate from the main list (with the main list showing the top level groupings and being able to expand them to drill down).

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/27/2019 at 1:16 AM, ksal95 said:

Reveal hidden contents

More madness

timetoship.jpg

18 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I'd really like an "spoiler" option or automatically embedded/hidden code. There doesn't seem to be an option currently to hide big chunks of text (i.e. codes).

Actually it is possible but I don't know how to use it. See the quoted post above.

EDIT: I figured it out [ spoiler ] tag is the answer

[hide]test[/hide]

test

Edited by FlyingAntero
26 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Actually it is possible but I don't know how to use it. See the quoted post above.

EDIT: I figured it out [ spoiler ] tag is the answer

Reveal hidden contents

test

Interestingly, it doesn't work in the preview, but it worked out in the original post.
Thanks a lot!

Also, it does some weird things like include text that isn't in the brackets of the spoiler. Can't be edited either.
But it's better than before, so thanks again!

Edited by SchattengestaIt
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, SchattengestaIt said:

Interestingly, it doesn't work in the preview, but it worked out in the original post.
Thanks a lot!

Also, it does some weird things like include text that isn't in the brackets of the spoiler. Can't be edited either.
But it's better than before, so thanks again!

test this was edited

It works like a charm, the problem is that you added the tag inside the quote

Edited by Doktor Oswaldo
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

test this was edited

It works like a charm, the problem is that you added the tag inside the quote

I didn't. I tried two times (with new text, since I couldn't edit), the second time a part of text didn't include, so I'll let it like this.
Maybe it's a large text thing or maybe because of the code section. I don't know, but it doesn't really matter either. It's better than before.

2 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

I didn't. I tried two times (with new text, since I couldn't edit), the second time a part of text didn't include, so I'll let it like this.
Maybe it's a large text thing or maybe because of the code section. I don't know, but it doesn't really matter either. It's better than before.

I think it is the code that is teasing, as editing coded text requires you to doubleclick the coded text.

testing:

this is marked as code

this is marked as code, edited

TEST EDIT

TEST EDIT2

1 hour ago, EskeRahn said:

I think it is the code that is teasing, as editing coded text requires you to doubleclick the coded text.

testing:

Hide contents

this is marked as code

this is marked as code, edited

Actually, I was able to edit the code, but not the part that was below it. I can't even highlight it in the editor.
It's probably because it isn't actually in the spoiler brackets, but it's displayed like that. Don't know if you understand what I mean...