Discussion and testing on features and known&potential issues

Moderator: This is a thread intended to keep the "Known Bugs" thread more 'clean'.
I split out the below comments from it.
Also things that might be an issue but needs further testing could go here.

Resolving bugs & issues and sharing tips & tricks maybe the best benefits from this forum.

It's great to see the F(x)tec themselves coming out with the 1st known bug.  Way to go!

I am sure it will be a wonderful experience with Pro1.

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pro1 is under an approval (final stage) from Google to activate security features. Once it's finished we will release an OTA to activate contactless payment. Everything has been submitted and we are a

Thank you all for the feedback! Team is working on the fix for the keyboard unresponsive issue. It's quite random and cannot replicate easily. But we will do out best and solve ASAP.

We have an internal OTA available which supposed to solve the Keyboard Losing issue and the sensor error issue. I need to someone to help verifying the fix of keyboard issue together. Please PM me if

Posted Images

18 hours ago, rejujacob said:

Resolving bugs & issues and sharing tips & tricks maybe the best benefits from this forum.

It's great to see the F(x)tec themselves coming out with the 1st known bug.  Way to go!

I am sure it will be a wonderful experience with Pro1.

Thanks!

He's the MD and guy behind the idea. (think thats correct!)

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, _DW_ said:

He's the MD and guy behind the idea. (think thats correct!)

No idea if that's correct, but if you're referring to our fearless leader, he's more likely PhD than MD, both of which make him Doctor Chen; and if he doesn't have phd, I grant him honorary doctorate from Craig Academy (which I can also offer to anyone for half the price of the diplomas offered on the previous forum; PM for details; pro1 accepted for payment)

edit: to be clear, pro1 itself is accepted as payment; pro1 cannot be used to make payment by other means, sorry for confusion.  If one wants doctorate from Craig U, one must provide Pro1.

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 10
8 hours ago, ddark-il said:

Anyone was able to test screen mirroring, tried both DisplayPort and HDMI over type C - no result, or more like phone responds with lagging when it’s connected to external display

Have you managed to solve this issue?

is there anything in the settings to resolve it?

please let us know if you are able to  mirror

A minor issue on the qwertZ variant. That MIGHT be limited to outside Germany. (I did not try to select German as phone language)

When you start the wizard and needs to enter WiFi Password as well as Android account, the physical keyboard is set for the default shifted qwertY, so you most likely will be better of using the TOUCH surrogate keyboard here.

These dialogues are BEFORE you can select the keyboard layout. You might be able to skip everything, select the keyboard, and then (manually?) redo the steps of the wizard.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, d said:

I just got my pro1 and it's pretty great so far.

Google Pay says that this device is not supported. Will this be fixed or should I just flash Magisk?

Well that's worrying! I got the Pro1 expecting Google Pay, because it says it supports Google Pay.

image.png.80b3e741fd24bf430943cecea61c9fe2.png

3 minutes ago, abielins said:

Well that's worrying! I got the Pro1 expecting Google Pay, because it says it supports Google Pay.

That kinda defines this as a bug. Could it be because the bootloader comes unlocked by default? Is it safe to tell in developer options to lock the bootloader? Maybe @Waxberry can chime in here :).

6 minutes ago, abielins said:

Well, it can support Google Pay, it just fails Google Pay Security Checks at the moment. This can be circumvented with Magisk Root, but I don't want to use it, unless I have to.

It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly keep Magisk up to date, to be able to keep using Google Pay.

1 minute ago, kashif said:

it could also be that device needs latest updates and security patches

There currently no OTA updates available, it was the first thing I checked.

Guess we'll have to wait for that first update. I think this is a software fix.