Factory Restore Tool

1 hour ago, Laska said:

Hello @tdm,

Can I use this tool to update my modified rom without losing data?

I'm not sure what you mean.  This tool is intended to put your phone back to factory state.  You may choose to not flash data, in which case it will preserve your existing data.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please note, this is not an official FxTec tool.  It is my own creation.  FxTec should not be expected to support this tool or any damage caused by its use.   This tool will allow you to res

Okay all, I finally found some time to look at this some more.  As it turns out, the xbl partitions are not actually being written by the current package due to a bug in the programming instructions. 

Nope, I won't send him a bill, he got the refund as requested. 🙂 It's working, so I'm fine. I'll also offer unbrick-services in my shop, probably free for users who bought from me and everyo

Posted Images

I want to update system but I've made changes to system partition and so I can't use ota updater. My goal is to flash update without losing access to data partition. Last time when I've flashed only /system via fastboot my data partition was locked with password and I have to format it.

56 minutes ago, Laska said:

I want to update system but I've made changes to system partition and so I can't use ota updater. My goal is to flash update without losing access to data partition. Last time when I've flashed only /system via fastboot my data partition was locked with password and I have to format it.

I cannot guarantee that but you can try.

5 hours ago, Laska said:

Is there any way to disable data partition encryption permanently?

Encryption is specified in the fstab, /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom.  Unfortunately, there is no way to edit the fstab on stock due to Android security measures.  You should be able to successfully edit the fstab on Lineage.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Laska said:

I'm rooted with magisk. Maybe there is some module for this task? Magisk can access this folder with mirror.

You should be able to use a text editor to adjust these since you already have root. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @tdm.  The folks over at the unofficial discord said this may interest you.  I tried using the factory restore tool with both the July 2020 and October 2019 qfps to reflash stock from LineageOS.  Pro1 got past boot splash, but then kept boot looping into the bootloader.  Selecting "reboot to recovery" would loop right back into the bootloader. 

I was able to flash the lineage recovery and get LOS installed again, so at least I can use the phone.  Would like to have the option of getting back to stock though, and your factory restore tool seems like the best option.  Thank you for putting the work into it.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, wichtrav said:

Hey @tdm.  The folks over at the unofficial discord said this may interest you.  I tried using the factory restore tool with both the July 2020 and October 2019 qfps to reflash stock from LineageOS.  Pro1 got past boot splash, but then kept boot looping into the bootloader.  Selecting "reboot to recovery" would loop right back into the bootloader. 

I was able to flash the lineage recovery and get LOS installed again, so at least I can use the phone.  Would like to have the option of getting back to stock though, and your factory restore tool seems like the best option.  Thank you for putting the work into it.

Yes that is interesting. I have used the earlier package myself and I have reports that that later one works also.

Perhaps you could try Chen's fastboot package and see if that works?

3 minutes ago, msemmett said:

Do I have to start the phone and associate my google credentials to get Android and the phone running BEFORE I can load LineageOS? I was hoping to avoid ALL attachment to Google if possible.

Nope, you can install LineageOS from a factory fresh state.  But please do post LineageOS questions in the LineageOS thread.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi when trying your tool i do get on my just lately received pro 1 the timedout error. Using Linux Mint 19 (Ubuntu 18.04.3).

Dmesg gives me following:

[274941.104041] usb 1-5.2.1: new high-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
[274941.247425] usb 1-5.2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008, bcdDevice= 0.00
[274941.247426] usb 1-5.2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[274941.247427] usb 1-5.2.1: Product: QUSB__BULK
[274941.247428] usb 1-5.2.1: Manufacturer: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
[274941.248725] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
[274941.248769] usb 1-5.2.1: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[274959.610943] qcserial ttyUSB0: usb_wwan_indat_callback: resubmit read urb failed. (-2)
[274959.610947] qcserial ttyUSB0: usb_wwan_indat_callback: resubmit read urb failed. (-2)
[274959.611096] qcserial ttyUSB0: Qualcomm USB modem converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[274959.611109] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: device disconnected
[274960.111464] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
[274960.111591] usb 1-5.2.1: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0

So i suspect the usb_wwan_indat_callback: using the cable which was delivered with the pro1 to connect to USB3 (usb marked ss)

anything to be doen about it or any other idea how to either get factoryreset when booting to recoverymode just yields picture of dead robot saying no command.

46 minutes ago, nother said:

So i suspect the usb_wwan_indat_callback: using the cable which was delivered with the pro1 to connect to USB3 (usb marked ss)

The standard first guess is to try a different cable or port, or perhaps a different driver on the pc.

1 hour ago, nother said:

Hi when trying your tool i do get on my just lately received pro 1 the timedout error. Using Linux Mint 19 (Ubuntu 18.04.3).

Dmesg gives me following:

[274941.104041] usb 1-5.2.1: new high-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd
[274941.247425] usb 1-5.2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=05c6, idProduct=9008, bcdDevice= 0.00
[274941.247426] usb 1-5.2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[274941.247427] usb 1-5.2.1: Product: QUSB__BULK
[274941.247428] usb 1-5.2.1: Manufacturer: Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM
[274941.248725] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
[274941.248769] usb 1-5.2.1: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0
[274959.610943] qcserial ttyUSB0: usb_wwan_indat_callback: resubmit read urb failed. (-2)
[274959.610947] qcserial ttyUSB0: usb_wwan_indat_callback: resubmit read urb failed. (-2)
[274959.611096] qcserial ttyUSB0: Qualcomm USB modem converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
[274959.611109] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: device disconnected
[274960.111464] qcserial 1-5.2.1:1.0: Qualcomm USB modem converter detected
[274960.111591] usb 1-5.2.1: Qualcomm USB modem converter now attached to ttyUSB0

anything to be doen about it or any other idea how to either get factoryreset when booting to recoverymode just yields picture of dead robot saying no command.

1. If you have ModemManager running, stop it.

2. Understand that EDL is an "one shot" protocol.  You must reset the device between tries.

3. EDL is very picky about USB hardware. If you cannot get it working after a few attempts, try:

3a. A different USB port.

3b. A different USB cable.

3c. With/without a USB hub.

3d. A different PC.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

@tdm, can you please add that after installing the winusb via zadiag, the device should be rebooted into EDL otherwise it will result in an "Unknown Error"

Another note, if anyone gets "Cannot open device", it means you haven't "Resintalled" the driver via zadiag.

otherwise, it worked!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi

Some days ago I got tired of Linages and decided to go back to stock, flashing all the different image files via fastboot. After this the phone won't boot, only get stuck showing the fxtec logo. Tried two more times with same result. 

Then I followed this guide, everything went fine, tool is showing progress and says when it's done. But now the phone always gets to fastboot, and can't get it out from there.

Any ideas what has happened, and how to solve it?

Thanks

/Per

18 minutes ago, pebert said:

By far an expert here like e.g. @tdm but i would try a fastboot getvar all and almost at the bottom see if one (or both) slots are marked as "slot-unbootable", and also check the "current-slot".
The below is from
AICP-Q so does not have to look exactly the same....

(bootloader) has-slot:modem:yes
(bootloader) has-slot:system:yes
(bootloader) current-slot:b
(bootloader) has-slot:boot:yes
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:b:5
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:b:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:b:yes
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:a:6
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:a:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:a:yes
(bootloader) slot-count:2

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, pebert said:

Hi

Some days ago I got tired of Linages and decided to go back to stock, flashing all the different image files via fastboot. After this the phone won't boot, only get stuck showing the fxtec logo. Tried two more times with same result. 

Then I followed this guide, everything went fine, tool is showing progress and says when it's done. But now the phone always gets to fastboot, and can't get it out from there.

Thanks

/Per

Try switching active slots? I've heard rumor that slot B may not work.

• Thanks 1
(bootloader) current-slot:a
(bootloader) has-slot:boot:yes
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:b:0
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:b:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:b:no
(bootloader) slot-retry-count:a:4
(bootloader) slot-unbootable:a:no
(bootloader) slot-successful:a:no
(bootloader) slot-count:2
(bootloader) secure:no

Slot A was active, changing it to slot A did the trick. but it booted into QMMI mode. 

anyway, when I rebooted it from there it worked as is should again. 

Thanks for the help

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Hello!

I have a Pro1 which is displaying nothing on its screen. I can get into EDL mode and I have access to both Windows and Linux PCs both in 32bit and 64bit environments...

I have only tried this flasher in Win10-64b, used Zadig, installed the WinUSB driver, phone is detected but flashing only gives "Unknown Error"

Where do I go from here?(Help!)

On 1/25/2021 at 2:21 AM, PokeParadox said:

Hello!

I have a Pro1 which is displaying nothing on its screen. I can get into EDL mode and I have access to both Windows and Linux PCs both in 32bit and 64bit environments...

I have only tried this flasher in Win10-64b, used Zadig, installed the WinUSB driver, phone is detected but flashing only gives "Unknown Error"

Where do I go from here?(Help!)

First, keep in mind that EDL is a "one shot" protocol.  You must reset the phone between each attempt.  You can tell the phone resets in Windows by watching the notifications and listening for the plug-in sound.  In Linux, run something like "watch -d lsusb" and you should see the device disappear and then reappear with a new device number.

Things to try:

• Use a different cable.
  • Use a different port on the PC.
  • Try with/without a hub.
  • Try a different PC.

Note these issues are not specific to Pro1, this is common with EDL.  I recently used EDL on a OnePlus 7pro and it refused to work on one PC.  I tried a different PC and it worked first try.

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

Hey,

I stumbled on this thread after loads of debugging.
My current situation is that I'm one of those stuck on a fastboot loop after running some system updates and leaving the phone idle for some time.
I've tried flashing both 2019 and 2020 images, they seem to work successfully but the phone just reboots to the same old fastboot screen.
When trying to perform any unlock commands via fastboot-cli, I always get denied. None of the flashing commands work or slot changes.
I am not sure if the EDL flashing is even successful as I don't really get actual feedback of changes beyond the automatic reboot and confirmation on PC side that's it's all OK.

Anything else I could try?
EDL mode otherwise seems to work.

• Sad 1