What's the highest serial number in the wild? Post yours if yours is higher

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you, so much! (Receiving an award) I'd like to thank my manager, my parents, all my colleagues and also folks at F(x)tec for making this possible. (Applause and music)   ...

🏆   2141  Winner: @esme

At one point, they did mention having to rework an entire batch due to yield loss (or something).    So maybe, this one got it's serial number sticker, and then they realized there was light bleed and

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SchattengestaIt said:

For me it's still very interesting to read, especially since it was shipped a short time ago.

He bought his through a reseller who no doubt bullied F(x)tec with their lawyers to get product ahead of the real customers. He then cancelled his preorder and smugly patted himself on the back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd guess many people who actually got their device won't be checking the forum as often as we do. But I don't think much more than 300 (of 1000 in total) devices have been shipped yet, although that's a complete guess.

And before you ask: Order number does not equal actual orders. It seems that the order numbers adds one every time somebody put a Pro1 in their cart. We don't know exact numbers, but 1000-3000 devices are expected to have been ordered (and paid) by now.

Edited by SchattengestaIt

There are actually 2 serial numbers. one seems to reflect the order of manufacture and that is located on the sticker on the back of the phone.

The other is found in settings, about phone, model and hardware and seems random.

Lol, i forgot to note number on sticker before it wore off. 😄

8 minutes ago, adidas88 said:

Thank you very much. Apparently I have the number 22

bought from Dragonbox 3 days ago. oO

But that doesn't make sense right? How can it be batch 1 when EvilDragon told us it was shipped directly from the factory early december? Maybe the serial number is... not serial at all?

Edited by kthxbye
  • Haha 1

At one point, they did mention having to rework an entire batch due to yield loss (or something).    So maybe, this one got it's serial number sticker, and then they realized there was light bleed and re-inspected all the outgoing units - found your unit had light bleed - then had to wait for next batch of screens to arrive after the whole new 3rd party inspection process - which appearntly took week(s) - before it got a new screen then shipped out - with the same back cover/serial.   Just a random plausible theory.

Edited by Craig
do-->due, and elaboration
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
On 12/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, Craig said:

At one point, they did mention having to rework an entire batch due to yield loss (or something).    So maybe, this one got it's serial number sticker, and then they realized there was light bleed and re-inspected all the outgoing units - found your unit had light bleed - then had to wait for next batch of screens to arrive after the whole new 3rd party inspection process - which appearntly took week(s) - before it got a new screen then shipped out - with the same back cover/serial.   Just a random plausible theory.

Another possible scenario would be that those are the devices that were held in the US for a while, and that they got sent to those retailers. 

• Like 1