On the pre-production status

Just now, Hook said:

Just because it is shipping from New York doesn't mean that's where the person got it.  I'm pretty sure you could walk in with the box without invoking a problem with customs, just as Chen was able to bring prototypes for the NYC demo event.

Yeah, but the time window is really tight for that. I mean people got their devices like a week ago in Europe and now somebody is already selling Pro1 in the US. It is possible that somebody travelled to US after got device but I think that it is very unlikely. The shipping schedule was kinda uncertain in the first place. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Yeah, but the time window is really tight for that. I mean people got their devices like a week ago in Europe and now somebody is already selling Pro1 in the US. It is possible that somebody travelled to US after got device but I think that it is very unlikely. The shipping schedule was kinda uncertain in the first place. 

Unless one of the customs agents stole one, this isn't part of any US shipment, so it had to come from somewhere. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, matti.kattainen said:

Personally I would never bid on nor buy from an ebay seller with a reputation of just 6 (!) - and even those are as buyer only, and many months old. Your are not even covered by their buyers protection. And the very low serial number 000002 must be a staff item, that seems very odd to go on sale so quickly, so it all has a suspicious smell to it....

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Personally I would never bid on nor  buy from am ebay seller with a reputation of just 6 (!) - and even those are as buyer only, and many months old. Your are not even covered by their buyers protection. And the very low serial number 000002 must be a staff item, that seems very odd to go on sale so quickly, so it all has a suspicious smell to it....

Could it be one of the testing device?

I doubt its a test device, it's retail packaged, etc.  This happened with moto-mod too, one appeared on ebay shortly after the first shipment.   It will be interesting to see how much it goes for.   It is curious how it got to the US tho; if someone received it in Europe they could sell it from Europe.  I mean yeah sure someone coulda mailed it over or flown over with it, but why?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Craig said:

I doubt its a test device, it's retail packaged, etc.  This happened with moto-mod too, one appeared on ebay shortly after the first shipment.   It will be interesting to see how much it goes for.   It is curious how it got to the US tho; if someone received it in Europe they could sell it from Europe.  I mean yeah sure someone coulda mailed it over or flown over with it, but why?

Well the Moto Mod was rather special as there never was a real first shipment. Just the prototypes distributed to a few.

But sure it could be real, the serial number is what makes it look most fishy to me.... But Sure could be Adrian or Chen selling their own - but does that sound likely??

On 11/20/2019 at 9:32 PM, silversolver said:

Why? They're creating what we've desired for years but the big phone companies were too busy making what they thought we should desire instead. Helping them help us is how we get what we really wished we could have! 🙂 I'll be lucky to have mine by Christmas (couldn't keep my preorder, had to place a regular order) but hey, when it comes, it's Christmas again. 🙂

EDIT: I'm still using a Droid 4, for crying out loud. 😛 I am indeed that committed to having a physical keyboard. I'm using it to post this!

Why?  Because they clearly bit off more than they could chew.

Looking at their communication record and how cloudy & vague it's been,  they've scrambled like ants to provide a statement that people may actually want to hear.

I'm not knocking them fully;  It's hard to start a company.   But it's clear that I should've waited until they're more seasoned with shipping.

You seen it above;  They botched the US customs paperwork...    NOT something you should be okay with.  That part feels rushed and I, again, feel like they are ants to finally just bust out a shipment.

I want the phone badly;  I'm patiently....still....waiting, but I have these honest concerns.    If what the owner says is True, and that as they ship more out then they will be better and faster, then good.   They'd benefit from it because it's a little crazy and frustrating at this point.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, YelloDumpling said:

Why?  Because they clearly bit off more than they could chew.

Looking at their communication record and how cloudy & vague it's been,  they've scrambled like ants to provide a statement that people may actually want to hear.

I'm not knocking them fully;  It's hard to start a company.   But it's clear that I should've waited until they're more seasoned with shipping.

You seen it above;  They botched the US customs paperwork...    NOT something you should be okay with.  That part feels rushed and I, again, feel like they are ants to finally just bust out a shipment.

I want the phone badly;  I'm patiently....still....waiting, but I have these honest concerns.    If what the owner says is True, and that as they ship more out then they will be better and faster, then good.   They'd benefit from it because it's a little crazy and frustrating at this point.

The more we do something, the better we get at it. As someone who lives in the US, I assure you getting stuff across the border can be a trick. I used to work a stone's throw from Canada, and still am not that far, and lots of people who crossed the border regularly said that customs and border patrol routinely gave them a hard time trying to get into the US. A few were Canadian nationals, but most were US citizens, and their own CBP gave them grief getting home. It's not something I find wonderful, but it is a reality. Once they get accustomed to all the logistical requirements, it will go smoother. We'll all be using P1 by Christmas, Merry Christmas! :)

Edited by silversolver
Premature posting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, theo.hallenius said:

I bet FX(tec) would make a lot of money just by selling all devices on ebay, it would create a bidding war for sure.

7 hours ago, Kabbone said:

it could also just be a PR move. If this one goes for a very high price the product could get more attention from more people who haven't noticed it before

Hi guys--no, this isn't a PR move. I'm the seller. I was lucky enough to be one of the first retail box customers. However I had to replace my old phone, which died, shortly before receiving the Pro1, so I don't need the phone and thought I'd make it available to someone who is still waiting and will actually use it (rather than keeping it as an expensive toy). I'm just a regular - non-techy - person who really loves keyboard phones and had been excited about this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, sherilee23 said:

Hi guys--no, this isn't a PR move. I'm the seller. I was lucky enough to be one of the first retail box customers. However I had to replace my old phone, which died, shortly before receiving the Pro1, so I don't need the phone and thought I'd make it available to someone who is still waiting and will actually use it (rather than keeping it as an expensive toy). I'm just a regular - non-techy - person who really loves keyboard phones and had been excited about this.

Please tell me you've ordered another one so you will actually have one for keeps at some point! One does not simply walk away from a Pro1.....:O

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

Please tell me you've ordered another one so you will actually have one for keeps at some point! One does not simply walk away from a Pro1.....:O

Now you're making me think I should keep it! It is beautiful and unique, and I'm a little sad to part with it.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, sherilee23 said:

Now you're making me think I should keep it! It is beautiful and unique, and I'm a little sad to part with it.

What is the other phone you gotten? I'd personally like... Well, see the image i posted earlier xD.

Edited by netman
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, sherilee23 said:

If you don't need it now, you can probably make a buck off someone who is less willing to wait for it than you are, and then get another one in due time. At any rate, you should definitely have one in your life once they hit general availability.

• Like 3

I also hadn't noticed the serial number means it's their phone #2! Only learned that from reading this forum. So I guess it's quite an extra special phone. Kind of like one of those artworks that are produced in a limited number, and the lowest numbers are the most prized.

• Like 2

Blackberry Key2 LE. After my Priv died 😞. I'm not elated by the Key2LE, I must say, but it does its job.

I'd totally sell the Key2 and keep that Pro1! Btw maybe a good idea to censor the IMEI on the listing ;).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hm, as I said I'm not a techie person...is there an important reason to censor that? Thanks for the advice.

People can report phones as stolen via the IMEI and get it blocked on a particular carrier if they so wish, which isn't great. Don't think it'd happen if you don't have enemies.

• Like 2