On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

But it is rather confusing the whole thing for sure.
The order numbers reflects the time the order was put, And this affected when emails requesting payment were sent. And the reception of payment gives the queue position. (So the order numbers are not unimportant, as equally fast payers will end in that order)
And then the IGG coupons add further to the confusion given priority among those paid.

You are right, but having an order number of the #116XX range and paying two minutes after receiving payment request and also being an IGG backer but not receiving stock assignment mail is a bit strange.

Maybe it is related to the QWERTZ order but earlier they also said QWERTZ orders may also arrive earlier because of the relatively low amount.

If all assignment mails have been sent out by this time, then it means I am not even in the second batch like also some others who wrote about also being IGG backers and QWERTZ orders.
Also if the mentioned light leakage problem is affected mostly QWERTZ orders, then why they have missed mentioning it in update mail?

I am refreshing this website several times a day for weeks now especially in the last few days because earlier they said all IGG backers will receive their phones from 2nd batch and I really would like to own this phone, thus, waiting a stock assignment mail without any luck and not even mentioned a word to not be myself a fool is highly frustrating.
We never ever knew important information about shipment, possible problems, amounts, nothing which we may rely on just some expectations without knowing best/worst case scenarios and revealed problems just in the very last time or even after it.

I am a highly patient person to the extremes and I rarely writing nervous comments but I feel... I don't know what I feel...
...I am waiting since years for a phone with keyboard and backing since almost three years now - not waiting is my main problem.

I know there are problems everywhere and if one problem has solved then another appears but being open and communicate these problems to customers is worth the effort. Maybe it isn't true if we are speaking about casual customers, but highly technical customers will understand these problems.

So, currently I really don't know what to expect, which part of predictions are how accurate can be, etc.
I don't even know if I may expect arrival of Pro1 before Christmas although that is the season when I may have much more time to experiencing it.

I wish the best anyway, just want to be appropriately informed and not lately explained.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Pico said:

Very bold with the information the support team passed in the process ofcanceling this morning. I hope for all of you still playing that whoever is running the Twitter knows more and is telling the truth.

Not certain how bold the twitter post is... I don't read anything explicitly saying it's the countdown till you getting your preordered phone before Christmas.  Instead, that the countdown to Christmas (whether you get your phone or not, lol) has started.  23 more days and counting down; again, this is the case regardless of whether you get a phone or not.  The only guarantee in the tweet is that Christmas will arrive on Christmas (we'll let's hope so!), not that phones will arrive.

Edited by Polaris
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, VaZso said:

You are right, but having an order number of the #116XX range and paying two minutes after receiving payment request and also being an IGG backer but not receiving stock assignment mail is a bit strange.

If all assignment mails have been sent out by this time, then it means I am not even in the second batch like also some others who wrote about also being IGG backers and QWERTZ orders.
Also if the mentioned light leakage problem is affected mostly QWERTZ orders, then why they have missed mentioning it in update mail?

I THINK this is much more simple that your making it.  They way over estimated how may good phones would be able to be produced and sent out in the second batch.  They got out what they could (en route to Hong Kong) last week.  The others need to just keep patiently waiting.

As I read things, you should have received an email last week (probably Friday).  It would have either said stock was assigned, or let you know they had problems fulfilling all of the preorders, and they are working as fast as they can to get the rest out.  When that will happen is anyone's guess; however, if you are in the US, I wouldn't hold my breath on receiving it before Christmas.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Polaris said:

I THINK this is much more simple that your making it.  They way over estimated how may good phones would be able to be produced and sent out in the second batch.  They got out what they could (en route to Hong Kong) last week.  The others need to just keep patiently waiting.

As I read things, you should have received an email last week (probably Friday).  It would have either said stock was assigned, or let you know they had problems fulfilling all of the preorders, and they are working as fast as they can to get the rest out.  When that will happen is anyone's guess; however, if you are in the US, I wouldn't hold my breath on receiving it before Christmas.

I am in the EU.

Has that mail only arrived for those who are not in 2nd batch?
I doubt.

I hope it does not mean they could not manufacture enough phones to even handle most of IGG backers as they told us they are the minority.
Maybe light leaking problem was affected the majority of phones but it was also not mentioned.

16 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I am in the EU.

Has that mail only arrived for those who are not in 2nd batch?
I doubt.

I hope it does not mean they could not manufacture enough phones to even handle most of IGG backers as they told us they are the minority.
Maybe light leaking problem was affected the majority of phones but it was also not mentioned.

In the EU, I would GUESS you have a chance of by Christmas.  Just depends on how many they can get out the door in the next couple of weeks.

As I understand it (which is far from at an expert level, lol), all those with preorders got one of two emails.

Yes, I THINK that's exactly what it means!  Might have been the light leaking issue, might have been other issues, who knows?  Not any of us because they aren't being transparent (which is why it wasn't mentioned).

Edited by Polaris
54 minutes ago, Polaris said:

In the EU, I would GUESS you have a chance of by Christmas.  Just depends on how many they can get out the door in the next couple of weeks.

As I understand it (which is far from at an expert level, lol), all those with preorders got one of two emails.

Yes, I THINK that's exactly what it means!  Might have been the light leaking issue, might have been other issues, who knows?  Not any of us because they aren't being transparent (which is why it wasn't mentioned).

I don't want to mention Moto Mod, but I had chance for Pro1 to arrive in the first batch (they thought the majority of IGG preorders could be fulfilled). Then had a high chance of being in 2nd batch as it should have all IGG backers included. Then I may have a higher chance to arrive it before Christmas... then I will have a much higher chance to arrive this year... then...

If they can ship not later than 17th from EU (not outside of EU but from UK for example) then I have a high chance for it to arrive.
Later than 17th I have less chance by every day down to zero.

They wrote they shipped phones last Wednesday, so they may knew the problem on Tuesday or Monday. Let's say Monday.
From that time they had to communicate with display manufacturer, maybe manufacturer also need some modifications or simply just need to ship another batch of displays or they should find another way to solve the problem, then assembling units. After that, they should send them from China to EU, then send them within EU.

For the whole process to complete, they have approximately two weeks from now on and maybe three weeks after the problem was revealed.

So the question is if these two shipments can be happen from China to customer in 2-3 weeks including repair (allowing 3-4 days to arrive within EU)...
...so the chance is...

Maybe they can send them as higher priority package but also it is the highest traffic in the year because of Christmas.
So realistically, there is a relatively high chance for it to arrive just a few days before the end of the year if they are not extremely fast or maybe early next year.

...and again, I am not someone who don't understand delays or problems, but we have the lack of communication instead and only some bits of it in the very last moments.

Edited by VaZso
14 hours ago, ttodd said:

...I'm sure they recognise that £650 in a 7% interest savings account for 6 months ~= £23
...I wonder if they will be offering any compensation?

Forget compensation or even the Pro1, if you know of an interest savings account paying 7% we're all going to be rich!  Please tell us where we can get this?  🦄

Edited by damion
Fixing typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, is said:

I'm not an IGG backer, can't say I'm not disappointed with the news of 2nd batch not covering all preorders, and I imagine how you feel.

Having said that, I hope you did not get yours because the faulty-screened devices included QWERTZ, which I imagine was a more "limited edition" to begin with, and not some randomness in stock assignment as one might imply from the above conversation of the past few days.

I doubt we'll get any more transparency than we already have, unfortunately. I'd say we can handle it, but some of us obviously cannot. Still you're not making it easy to love you, FX, playing hard to get? 🙂

But wait until you taste her cooking. 😉

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, damion said:

Forget compensation or even the Pro1, if you know of an interest savings account paying 7% we're all going to be rich!  Please tell us where we can get this?  🦄

Well let's see.....649 (what you paid months ago) vs 699 (what I paid much more recently) is a savings of what percentage? 🙂 You've been compensated.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, david said:

My email said that all assignment emails have already been sent out.  I guess there could be a *lot* of people who received the assignment emails and just didn't share them.  But the number of people who shared them on here seems extra small.  And some of those people were 1st batch people, which if we are to understand one of the recent updates correctly, did not affect the true batch 2 size, other than adding to it.

How big was this second batch in the end (supposed to cover all pre orders)? It seems it was even smaller than the first one!!!

1 minute ago, cmar said:

How big was this second batch in the end (supposed to cover all pre orders)? It seems it was even smaller than the first one!!!

My email did not say how big the second batch was.  I'm just speculating that it wasn't nearly as big as they had communicated it to be in the weeks before it was shipped.  Although I'd really like to have my phone and I'm not happy with how things have gone and how they have been communicated, what I'm really concerned about is the financial impact it will have to fxtec to miss Christmas for general availability. 

Getting someone a phone that won't be there by Christmas is infinitely different than one that will be.  I can see them losing a lot of sales by not reaching general availability by Christmas.  And that's not good for anyone who owns the Pro1.  We want them to prosper and be around to support the phones, in addition to making more versions. 

I hope the financials work out even with missing Christmas.  I'm just saying it is something that concerns  me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, david said:

My email did not say how big the second batch was.  I'm just speculating that it wasn't nearly as big as they had communicated it to be in the weeks before it was shipped.  Although I'd really like to have my phone and I'm not happy with how things have gone and how they have been communicated, what I'm really concerned about is the financial impact it will have to fxtec to miss Christmas for general availability. 

Getting someone a phone that won't be there by Christmas is infinitely different than one that will be.  I can see them losing a lot of sales by not reaching general availability by Christmas.  And that's not good for anyone who owns the Pro1.  We want them to prosper and be around to support the phones, in addition to making more versions. 

I hope the financials work out even with missing Christmas.  I'm just saying it is something that concerns  me.

I'm sure it concerns them even more.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, silversolver said:

It sure looks like the screen issue affected a LOT of units. 😞

Interesting that it didn't seem to affect the first batch.  If it did, you would think the second batch wouldn't have been assembled until the problem was resolved.  If it didn't affect the first batch, then there is a question of why it didn't.  Unless they didn't notice the issue at all, and some people have screen bleed on 1st batch phones.  It might be such a minor issue that it isn't noticeable, but fxtec felt the need to correct it when they found it in the second batch.  (all this is speculation)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, david said:

Interesting that it didn't seem to affect the first batch.  If it did, you would think the second batch wouldn't have been assembled until the problem was resolved.  If it didn't affect the first batch, then there is a question of why it didn't.  Unless they didn't notice the issue at all, and some people have screen bleed on 1st batch phones.  It might be such a minor issue that it isn't noticeable, but fxtec felt the need to correct it when they found it in the second batch.  (all this is speculation)

It is also possible that the issue was created in an attempt to produce units more quickly. Grandma used to say, "the hurrier I go the behinder I get." Grandma's always right!

Edited by silversolver
Autoincorrected Grandma's word!
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, silversolver said:

It is also possible that the issue was created in an attempt to produce units more quickly. Grandma used to say, the hurried I go the behinder I get. Grandma's always right!

I suppose that is possible.  

And I agree with Grandma. 😉

• Like 1

Not sure if you're talking about me by bailing or them with whatever is going on on their end. It's disappointing but it's less frustrating than getting excited thinking it's right around the corner and then find out it's not.

3 minutes ago, Pico said:

Not sure if you're talking about me by bailing or them with whatever is going on on their end. It's disappointing but it's less frustrating than getting excited thinking it's right around the corner and then find out it's not.

Yes, you bailing. I positively do not understand people who would rather know they're not getting something awesome than wonder when they're getting something awesome. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I don't understand that thinking one tiny bit. To me, it's waiting for Christmas....it will come!

• Like 1
On 12/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, david said:

My email said that all assignment emails have already been sent out.  I guess there could be a *lot* of people who received the assignment emails and just didn't share them.  But the number of people who shared them on here seems extra small.  And some of those people were 1st batch people, which if we are to understand one of the recent updates correctly, did not affect the true batch 2 size, other than adding to it.

Oh dear! I have not received the mail so this means that I am not in the second batch and most likely not receiving Pro1 before Xmas. I just need to be patient little bit longer. I think that the device is awesome.

Edited by FlyingAntero
18 hours ago, ttodd said:

...I'm sure they recognise that £650 in a 7% interest savings account for 6 months ~= £23

4 hours ago, damion said:

Heck yes!  Please tell me where there is a savings account paying 7% these days.  I'll be right there depositing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1