On the pre-production status

27 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

At the least that could have some relevance.

We (unfortunately) have too few facts to deduce what is exactly going on. So though I can see several possible explanations, all are just guesses.

I know that you understand perfectly why I'm ranting and you also know that I didn't write any post regarding the delays in octomber/november.

The facts appear one by store. A situation which could be easily avoided with some pre-facts info from fxtech, not with some post-fact (un)official info from Erik.

As a side note: I don't know when you've paid and I know that you received also the final version, not only the test one. Even if you, or someone like you, didn't "qualify" to receive the final version, I don't mind at all that you got it. By you or someone like you, I mean testers or "explorers" (screen protector, cases, programs etc) who helps fxtec or us. On the other hand, you tend to be biased on this topic 😉  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:

Got mine a few minutes back, not that far regarding to setting it up but I can say the overall phone feels fantastic.
The keyboard feels nice too but I do not like the layout (the yellow arrow thing to be more specific).
But nothing that can't be worked out!

So Jealous!!!!!!!! Have lots of fun and let us know how well it all works! 😉 Merry Xmas o you! 🙂

1 minute ago, robert.prior1985 said:

So Jealous!!!!!!!! Have lots of fun and let us know how well it all works! 😉 Merry Xmas o you! 🙂

Thank you, to you too. Up to the moment I am totally happy.
I got used to the hinge in minutes and fixed the keyboard layout with finqwerty.
It feels great but I have to build some muscle memory again to reach tipping speeds!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Val said:

I know that you understand perfectly why I'm ranting and you also know that I didn't write any post regarding the delays in octomber/november.

The facts appear one by store. A situation which could be easily avoided with some pre-facts info from fxtech, not with some post-fact (un)official info from Erik.

As a side note: I don't know when you've paid and I know that you received also the final version, not only the test one. Even if you, or someone like you, didn't "qualify" to receive the final version, I don't mind at all that you got it. By you or someone like you, I mean testers or "explorers" (screen protector, cases, programs etc) who helps fxtec or us. On the other hand, you tend to be biased on this topic 😉  

Indeed I "tend to biased". As it is my firm believe that these guys are really good guys doing the best they can to give us the device most of us in here have been waiting for for years. And being in quite a bit of contact with them during the long test-process I feel I'm in a better position to judge their character, than some of the conspiracy people in here. Sure theoretically I could be wrong here, and it is all part of a very complex conspiracy scheme, but so many small things along the ways indicate that I'm right here, and that their only major wrongdoings are poor communication, and not being pessimistic enough on what could delay the whole thing.

One of the best and most clear indications of their good intentions and admirable nature is that Chen from his own pocket paid back the IGG backers that wanted a refund!!
How many other crashed crowd-funding projects do you know of, where this has happened? He was not in any way legally obliged to do so. But due to high personal moral standards he choose to do so.

My personal GUESS on the 'Store-Gate'. Is that FxTec have made some contract (written or spoken) with resellers way back, long before it was even imaginable that the project would be delayed into December (not to mention beyond), and might have 'guaranteed' those some stock for Christmas. And then either due to potential legal consequences of a contract breech or due to the risk of breaking future reseller relation, decided to drip a dozen or so to the ones with the highest risks. BUT I repeat this is just my guess

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, Doktor Oswaldo said:
28 minutes ago, Hook said:

Nothing here.  I  just wanted post #100. 😂

You know... that are pages not posts .....

...As if this thread was not too long already... 🙄🤣

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

...As if this thread was not too long already... 🙄🤣

Yeah.  On the other hand, injecting a little nonsense doesn't hurt.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, david said:

I want to know where that hidden lever is that allowed her to open the keyboard with just a nudge of her thumb.  🙄  I find it pretty easy to do now,but...

2 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

My personal GUESS on the 'Store-Gate'.

I'll not quote your full reply.

Like I've said, this "Store-Gate" could have been avoided or "softened" with a simple pre-facts statement. Without this simple official statement explaining at least why they could not keep their word and promises, and I'm not talking about the "usual" delays, this is the result. We've found out the stores by ourself, like a nice waiting bonus. Does this seems ok for you, biased or not? For me, it was a limit, principle related. 

As you know, not even now we don't have an official statement form fxtec regarding this "Gate". There is a fine line between poor communication and disrespect for paying customers.

As for Chen, kudos to him for the refunds, and it's not the first time that I say this, even if I didn't ask for my money back, like other species did. It's one of the reasons I waited, and maybe others too, without making any comments till now, but the "Store-Gate" was something in a different category, added to the mistake(?) of sending units to non-IGG backers. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

As it is my firm believe that these guys are really good guys doing the best they can to give us the device most of us in here have been waiting for for years.

Generally agree. None of this is was planned out or something I think. Doesn't mean things can't keep going wrong still. I do believe they're deliberate in some of their wrong messaging.

1 hour ago, Hook said:

Yeah.  On the other hand, injecting a little nonsense doesn't hurt.  😄

People have complained about not being able to find relevant posts plenty of times though.

1 hour ago, abielins said:

Conspiracy? I just thought it was because the pro1 is a few weeks late.

A couple of few weeks*