On the pre-production status

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

(but only with 5V, so no Quick Charge this way)

Do we know how much current this phone can accept if 5V only? I mean if it can pull 3A (or more) the 15W(+) would make it quick charging though not Quick Charging.

Is is slightly odd that a device offering as much as 87W PD does not also support QC 3.0 - but it could be license issues.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Do we know how much current this phone can accept if 5V only? I mean if it can pull 3A (or more) the 15W(+) would make it quick charging though not Quick Charging.

Is is slightly odd that a device offering as much as 87W PD does not also support QC 3.0 - but it could be license issues.

I didn't really take attention of current but as far as I remember well, it was about 1.8 A.

However, QC and PD technology is not the same protocol, so it may happen it really supports only PD.

Edited by VaZso
4 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Chen said on Twitter that the small batch (I suppose) should arrive to F(x)tec office in the 1st week of January. So customers could expect to receive their unit next week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1210519379827404800

It's arriving today, we called UPS this morning. They delayed it because of Christmas and then New Years, but it's definitely coming today. Worst case we'll send the tracking tomorrow, but we're aiming to send the tracking for the small batch today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
48 minutes ago, Erik said:

It's arriving today, we called UPS this morning. They delayed it because of Christmas and then New Years, but it's definitely coming today. Worst case we'll send the tracking tomorrow, but we're aiming to send the tracking for the small batch today.

Please let mine be in this batch! Haha

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Erik said:

Good news, maybe I will get my device as promised (first week in 2020).

But still no mail in my inbox.

If not....

Edited by Hamradio

On the 11th Dec I requested a refund, after a number repeat requests, my money was eventually refunded 14 days later - one day before the bank said they would start a recovery procedure! ...So one of you lucky people may get a phone ahead of schedule 😉

If F(x)tec survives this farce, I may see you when the product goes retail and has a hard case.

TTFN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, illie-vanilli said:

Just received a tracking number! Very cool and VERY hyped! 

My order number was in the #48xx range, payed on august 1st. 

For everyone still waiting: Please bear it a little while longer, it is definitely coming! 

1 hour ago, mcdinner said:

Also received TN!
QWERTY, #48xx and paid 31.07.

Also hyped again 🙂

45 minutes ago, mcdinner said:

without IGG

18 minutes ago, illie-vanilli said:

I also did not havve an IGG coupon.

So FxTec is shipping phones to non-IGG preorders AGAIN? Before fulfiling IGG preorders (such as mine, I'm sure there will be more people).

@Erik, do you care to comment on this?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
53 minutes ago, Hook said:

From Chen's Twitter...

I'd like to believe this, but I cannot any more. Too many missed hopes & promises; as per another thread

I've now been refunded.  The last straw, for me I'm afraid, was selling to resellers.  Then seriously expecting us to believe they could massively scale up to complete ALL pre-orders in a matter of weeks, over the world's biggest holiday period, when they've taken months to produce perhaps only a few hundred so far.

So I will wait to see if & when Clove are restocked, & then decide if this long over due handset is worth it anymore....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I find it perfectly believable. All it says is that is what they AIM to do.

I AIM to lose weight, stop drinking and generally be a less cynical b*****d in 2020. The evidence of my last n decades on the planet is that this isn't going to happen either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I tend to think Chen wouldn't have put this out there on his personal twitter unless he was very sure. But, sure, no one knows.  There have been a flurry of TNs this morning, as promised, probably the small batch Erik referred to.

• Like 3
On 12/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Erik said:

Brief Christmas update.

A small batch is shipping out this Friday, if UPS keeps its promises. It was meant to arrive today, but our staff availability is limited in the UK right now. No stock assignment letters for this one, as we are shipping them a little differently to avoid extra delays. Some of you will have tracking info on Friday. 

The big batch which should make a lot of you happy is expected to leave the factory in the 1st week of January, which is also when we expect you’ll have the tracking details. We would like to thank everyone for their patience.

Merry Christmas from me!

Erik

According to Erik update, the big batch is supposed to leave the factory by end of this week. Also the tracking details.

In 3 days we will know if the latest adjusted plan is implemented ... or if there is another delay.

Yes it is the usual fxtec communication, a bit confusing. Chen is writing tweets about "all pre orders" in 2-3 weeks. Erik on this forum about the next big batch.

And the retailer digitec.ch is selling 6 qwertz to be delivered in 7 days.

I am laughing about it now...

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

I find it interesting that all handsets which are available through retailers are QWERTZ sets. Why no QWERTY's?

Which retailers?
I think only a few phones were sold by retailers which are all currently sold out.

However, Clove technology had QWERTY models available to buy.

Edited by VaZso
14 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

Ah. I was not aware of the Clove offering. I think I should have phrased it "which *were* available through retailers"...

I first read about Clove here of selling QWERTY then about DragonBox also here of selling QWERTZ (which I could not resist so I bought one from them), then someone wrote about another place which was not widely available and I have not even found it in their web site.

I don't think of many more retailers are currently exists.

7 hours ago, cmar said:

According to Erik update, the big batch is supposed to leave the factory by end of this week. Also the tracking details.

In 3 days we will know if the latest adjusted plan is implemented ... or if there is another delay.

Yes it is the usual fxtec communication, a bit confusing. Chen is writing tweets about "all pre orders" in 2-3 weeks. Erik on this forum about the next big batch.

Information from support would seem to indicate that the "big batch" is QWERTZ devices going to the UK.  But the wording was oddly phrased, so it isn't clear if it just happens to have a lot of QWERTZ devices, but also QWERTY, and whether it is only going to the UK, or also to other parts of the world.

Edited by david
7 hours ago, VaZso said:

I first read about Clove here of selling QWERTY then about DragonBox also here of selling QWERTZ (which I could not resist so I bought one from them), then someone wrote about another place which was not widely available and I have not even found it in their web site.

I don't think of many more retailers are currently exists.

https://www.galaxus.ch/en/s1/product/fxtec-pro1-128gb-black-599-dual-sim-sd-12mpx-mobile-phone-12435539

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/fxtec-pro1-128gb-black-599-dual-sim-sd-12mpx-mobiltelefon-12435539

they sold about 6 units at the end of December. They are now selling another batch of 6 units to be delivered in 6 days.

Edited by Guest