Jump to content

On the pre-production status


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, silversolver said:

I don't know about that.....my Droid 4(2012) running 7.1 thanks to Lineage OS is a little doggy, but still plays videos in the browser and VideoLAN player just fine. My PRIV is light years faster and perfectly stable. I accidentally discovered why the PRIV is a little doggy and has terrible battery life out-of-the-box: a lot of the built-in software. I disable as much as possible in favor of third-party or not having the "feature" and mine now has excellent performance AND excellent battery life. I'd use it as my daily driver if it didn't have the keyboard the wrong direction. 😉 @EskeRahn

I have just now retired my Priv from daily use and replaced it with a Motorola One which is quite a cheap and functional (bar the physical keyboard) stopgap for now.

Would you care to elaborate on how you succeeded getting yours to run smoothly? I seriously like my Priv and only replkaced it because it has been unbearably slow to use recently. Could be via PM. Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Mine is not on Android 6, mine is on Android 7, and looks virtually indistinguishable from my Droid 4 on 7.1. I assume this is an official firmware update he simply never received. I have no idea why.

Android 7? Are you sure? How did you get it to Nougat?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Mine is not on Android 6, mine is on Android 7, and looks virtually indistinguishable from my Droid 4 on 7.1. I assume this is an official firmware update he simply never received. I have no idea why.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-confirms-priv-will-not-get-android-nougat

If you've got 7 on the Priv, then you've got some kind of special build or something, definitely do NOT let that device go! 😛

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, agent008 said:

I have just now retired my Priv from daily use and replaced it with a Motorola One which is quite a cheap and functional (bar the physical keyboard) stopgap for now.

Would you care to elaborate on how you succeeded getting yours to run smoothly? I seriously like my Priv and only replkaced it because it has been unbearably slow to use recently. Could be via PM. Thanks

Nothing to hide LOL. I just went into the app list, force stopped, disabled, and deleted data for every single stock app, Google, BlackBerry, and otherwise, that I possibly could. I don't remember which ones, but it was EVERY SINGLE ONE that it allowed, with the exception of Phone, although I don't use that either at this point on that device because I hate the keyboard. I mostly use it to watch YouTube videos of Finnish rednecks crushing things, and occasionally this forum when the battery is dead on my Droid 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, silversolver said:

Nothing to hide LOL. I just went into the app list, force stopped, disabled, and deleted data for every single stock app, Google, BlackBerry, and otherwise, that I possibly could. I don't remember which ones, but it was EVERY SINGLE ONE that it allowed, with the exception of Phone, although I don't use that either at this point on that device because I hate the keyboard. I mostly use it to watch YouTube videos of Finnish rednecks crushing things, and occasionally this forum when the battery is dead on my Droid 4.

Yup, stop stuff. Here is what is alive on mine currently:

Screenshot_20200110-192640.png

Screenshot_20200110-192645.png

Screenshot_20200110-192649.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

Android 7? Are you sure? How did you get it to Nougat?

I'm going to double check that it really is and I'm not misremembering, but the screen shots you just posted don't look exactly like mine, so I think I'm right. I did nothing at all to mine; it came to me however it is.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, silversolver said:

the screen shots you just posted don't look exactly like mine, so I think I'm right.

If you indeed have Nougat, what a gifted Priv ended up in your hands. If true, my friend, time to share your ROM with the world 🤣

Edited by agent008
Misspelling
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, agent008 said:

No no, Just thought PM would avoid feeding the off-topic discussion too much. Never mind...

Given how this thread has gone, I think a bit of off-topic discussion might be the breath of fresh air it needs. Erik or possibly other mods can always edit the first post with updated information, which is generally the best practice to use for these sorts of posts anyhow.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sixaxis said:

What??! 

What he was very politely hinting at, to which I, personally, am less inclined, is that if you don't come up with a better answer on "how else to explain it" yourself, you're either suffering from a severe lack of imagination, or you're absolutely intent on throwing mud at Fxtec even though you damn well know that there are more possible explanations. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elvissteinjr said:

(Calm down, it's just a meme)

You really think the demand will be so huge that they can not keep up with the demand after the pre-orders?

It did get good feedback from most reviewers, but I doubt the demand will be that big.

😇😇 deliberately misunderstanding😇😇

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

You really think the demand will be so huge that they can not keep up with the demand after the pre-orders?

It did get good feedback from most reviewers, but I doubt the demand will be that big.

😇😇 deliberately misunderstanding😇😇

I hope you're incorrect. I hope he's awash in new orders, and every wave that goes out results in a huge wave of new orders from people who saw the others!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, silversolver said:

I hope you're incorrect. I hope he's awash in new orders, and every wave that goes out results in a huge wave of new orders from people who saw the others!

Yes let us hope that even in half a year they can not produce them as fast as they can sell them. But though I hope it, I doubt it.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, agent008 said:

If you indeed have Nougat, what a gifted Priv ended up in your hands. If true, my friend, time to share your ROM with the world 🤣

Turns out I misremembered. However, my point still stands that I have had zero stability issues with it, even with the bloat running. I suspect yours has a bad RAM chip that occasionally spits garbage at the CPU and crashes it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silversolver said:

Turns out I misremembered. However, my point still stands that I have had zero stability issues with it, even with the bloat running. I suspect yours has a bad RAM chip that occasionally spits garbage at the CPU and crashes it.

This reeks of a TCL NDA that prevents others from finding out about the 

leaked test build of Android Nougat™

 thing no one was supposed to know about!!1!!1111!1!!11

/silliness

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, silversolver said:

Turns out I misremembered. However, my point still stands that I have had zero stability issues with it, even with the bloat running. I suspect yours has a bad RAM chip that occasionally spits garbage at the CPU and crashes it.

Weren't the only one. I went through 2 before I moved on. I loved the priv. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms