On the pre-production status

1 hour ago, kontakt said:

@Erik is the deadline  "by the end of January" a shipped from China, from UK or a at the hands of a customer deadline?

The aim is to ship the stock to our EU and US (if we re-establish a US warehouse by then) warehouses, or directly to customers before the Chinese New Year, as after that both the factory and the 1st logistics hub in HK will be off for a while. The Chinese New Year starts on the 25th of January, so some of you will have their devices before the end of January. Others, perhaps those in Europe, will have their stock assignment before the end of January only, and delivery by 1-3 February, at least to my projection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Erik said:

The aim is to ship the stock to our EU and US (if we re-establish a US warehouse by then) warehouses, or directly to customers before the Chinese New Year, as after that both the factory and the 1st logistics hub in HK will be off for a while. The Chinese New Year starts on the 25th of January, so some of you will have their devices before the end of January. Others, perhaps those in Europe, will have their stock assignment before the end of January only, and delivery by 1-3 February, at least to my projection.

Maybe this info should be promoted into this thread:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, cmar said:

exactly persons in this 3/10 batch can wait 2-3 more weeks now since everything will be dispatched only on 25th January instead of this week.

Ah sorry, Yes you are right that might very well be how it is supposed to be read.

1 hour ago, cmar said:

exactly persons in this 3/10 batch can wait 2-3 more weeks now since everything will be dispatched only on 25th January instead of this week.

I think it should be a few days before 25th in January in order to let logistics to have some time for packages to leave the country before the beginning of Chinese New Year.

Maybe it means a maximum of two weeks from now and we not know if the mentioned batch would be available to send let's say in a week, so delay this case may be lower than two weeks and it seems they are in hurry to be able to fulfill all orders before this celebration.

36 minutes ago, michael.bosscha said:

So, realistically, I should have my phone delivered to me to my Dutch doorstep around half of February?

lol

i dont know what you think " is expected to " means but if any of the previous "expected to" statements are anything to go by then realistically... no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
29 minutes ago, rpimonitrbtch said:

So... this effectively kills any priority for the IGGcoupon pre-orders over the non-coupons...?

Well if they are all handled in one go, it is a matter of hours or at worst a few days between the first and the last, so I guess they might well have decided it was not worth the extra paperwork to distinguish. But they might still be doing it ordered. Who knows.

Maybe they can speed up the shipments by doing it by country, So the courier has less sorting to do? Just guessing.

4 hours ago, rubleaj said:

but this time we'll be shipping all of the pre-orders together

UH, maybe this should have been informed to us in December?! Not in almost middle of January....

I really hope it was because they will actually send out tracking info this month.......................

Edited by Tsunero

Uhm, sorry, but what kind of planning is that? It's not like the Chinese New Year date moved or anything. Did some factory worker suddenly convince you or something?
You really shouldn't have pretended to be doing weekly shipments either.

If anything, maybe skipping the "small batch" would've been smarter.
But what do I know? I'm just angry dude, it's just another "small delay"... how many of those do we stacked up now?

Edited by elvissteinjr
  • Like 1

I hate to be that guy, but I'd advice to not get too excited about shipping before CNY. There's a record here of slipping dates, and I don't really see a reason to believe this time will be different. Just that this time a slippage would definitely mean an added week or whatever people don't work during CNY.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Zamasu said:

I hate to be that guy, but I'd advice to not get too excited about shipping before CNY. There's a record here of slipping dates, and I don't really see a reason to believe this time will be different. Just that this time a slippage would definitely mean an added week or whatever people don't work during CNY.

Agreed. I understand the advantages of reducing the number of times to context-shift back-and-forth between assembly and shipping, but WHEN the delay happens, if they prioritize finishing assembly of the preorders over delivering what IS assembled BEFORE CNY... well, there isn't much good-will left, as it is...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This new artificial delay and all in one go strategy sound very much like backing yourself into a corner to me. Won't the amount of cancellations that will result from the next delay be much, much worse than it would otherwise have been if you were sending devices regularly?

Edited by Raksura
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Maybe this info should be promoted into this thread:

One shouldn't have to be hunting through the various forum posts to find out this information. It's not the wait so much as the promised deadlines repeatedly getting pushed back with only very hazy communications that are really making me lose patience and confidence. Seriously trying to talk myself out of cancelling my order right now... 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jjarmasz said:

One shouldn't have to be hunting through the various forum posts to find out this information.

Indeed. In the meantime, you might want to use the "follow" functionality on the Erik and Waxberry accounts if you don't like sorting through the customers' messages to find updates.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Raksura said:

This new artificial delay and all in one go strategy sound very much like backing yourself into a corner to me. Won't the amount of cancellations that will result from the next delay be much, much worse than it would otherwise have been if you were sending devices regularly?

Yes good question:  fxtec, what happens at Chinese New Year if not all pre-order have been manufactured? Are you sending whatever the factory produced? or holding the whole batch after Chinese New Year?

Due to the past experience with deadlines, I am indeed skeptical fxtec will manage to manufacture every pre order device before Chinese New Year... so the question is relevant.

So far only a very limited number of users received their device. There was one batch to us, one batch to Europe, and maybe on third small one....

But no trace of big batch so far. The big batch was just supposed to be sent by the end of this week. And it just disappeared....

Edited by Guest

It continues to amaze me how much time people seem to have on their hands around this thread. I actually don't fault Fxtec for the radio silence; every time they give the slightest hint of info, the wolves come lurking.

Maybe try your hand at designing and manufacturing yourselves, then come back and play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
9 hours ago, Erik said:

So @Erik can you clarify how the US orders will be processed?  Is the entire batch being sent to the UK and then form the UK office dispatch to individual customers both within the EU and USA?  Everything ships directly from HK?  The "if we re-establish a US warehouse" has me wondering.

4 hours ago, cmar said:

Yes good question:  fxtec, what happens at Chinese New Year if not all pre-order have been manufactured? Are you sending whatever the factory produced? or holding the whole batch after Chinese New Year?

Due to the past experience with deadlines, I am indeed skeptical fxtec will manage to manufacture every pre order device before Chinese New Year... so the question is relevant.

So far only a very limited number of users received their device. There was one batch to us, one batch to Europe, and maybe on third small one....

But no trace of big batch so far. The big batch was just supposed to be sent by the end of this week. And it just disappeared....

The statement was made that more people had been hired at the factory to hurry up and get through the backlog. I see no reason why they would outright lie about something like that. I can also see why they might decide to consolidate and conquer. We'll just see.

For the record, my good will is undaunted. I'm very sorry that so many others are so inflexible. Life happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's incredible how a Kickstarter qwerty phone (Unihertz Titan) actually released during the time period they had actually promised and this phone three times the price, with glossy pictures, active Instagram, v etc cannot provide proper dates for pre orders. Specs read old last year, today they read ancient and let's pray to our gods that the keyboard sliding mechanic turns out good/is robust... I have a feeling I might have bought an out of date expensive paperweight that I might not get until March... Jesus H! 

This is so disappointing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, QwertyFan said:

It's incredible how a Kickstarter qwerty phone (Unihertz Titan) actually released during the time period they had actually promised and this phone three times the price, with glossy pictures, active Instagram, v etc cannot provide proper dates for pre orders. Specs read old last year, today they read ancient and let's pray to our gods that the keyboard sliding mechanic turns out good/is robust... I have a feeling I might have bought an out of date expensive paperweight that I might not get until March... Jesus H! 

This is so disappointing...

Just out of curiosity, what was the timing? If they started production around this time, which is a general lull in manufacturing of consumer stuff because most of the West spent all their money on Christmas, it sure couldn't have hurt. Also curious, did the people involved have prior experience in designing and manufacturing similar devices, so they would know the process already? I'm not asserting that they did, but I can certainly say the F(x)tec did not have either of these advantages, and it put them at a tremendous disadvantage. @Artemis-kun

Also, the Pro1's specs read ancient today? Don't make me laugh. I'm typing this on a Droid 4 from 2012. It still works fine. NOTHING about the Pro1 is ancient!

Edited by silversolver
Droid!!!!
  • Like 1