On the pre-production status

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thank you @EskeRahn.

Maybe its needs some training 🙂

Old farts like me that had a Nokia N97mini many years ago, opened it immediately. BUT I remember having trouble back then too. The problem is that we intuitively want to do an even horizontal push, like a simple slider. But that wont work, It has to be a down and up arc. Or just lift the back edge. Either alone or in combination. I most often lift the back with the index finger after triggering the fingerprint, while the thumb grabs the front of the screen. Like this

• Thanks 2

@Alex the stock software has known issues, including the ones you mention.

The OTA updater is an app from a company called AdUps.  It has known problems.  The usual workaround is to clear the app data for it and retry.

I believe the latest update (7/7/2020 I think?) fixes at least the WhatsApp issue.

And finally, you may want to give LineageOS a shot.  Most or all of these issue are fixed and it will be nicer than stock in other ways also.

• Thanks 3

Are you missing a comment here?

I moved some comments into a separate thread on delivery and customs issues, so they are easier to find.

(I also tried to include the replies to the posts, if on other subjects)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, agent008 said:

On a side note. Just remembered now. Anybody from this latest batch got the earbuds? Any word on when those will be sent? @Erik

Thanks

If I recall correctly it was only the very early orders that were offered those. I'm not aware if all these have been sent - nor where the 'cut' was, but if I remebmer right it was sometime July 2019. But it has been talked about also in this thread before, so some digging might provide the answer...

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, EskeRahn said:

If I recall correctly it was only the very early orders that were offered those. I'm not aware if all these have been sent - nor where the 'cut' was, but if I remebmer right it was sometime July 2019. But it has been talked about also in this thread before, so some digging might provide the answer...

I definitely ordered inside the window for the earbuds. You're right, I read about them months ago right here. I'll go through the topic once again. But I'm 100% positive my order was during the earbuds offer.

EDIT: I ordered in May. More precisely 2019-05-17.

image.png.830ee01f576f248a39a69978affd04c5.png

Edited by agent008
Found my order date
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Wheeljack said:

Guess they're currently focussing on shipping phones.

And facial recognition tablet thermometers of course.

But I think only 3 people have got their headphones so far, the rest of us still waiting, but yeah people waiting on actual phones is far more important.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2