On the pre-production status

6 minutes ago, kashif said:

i would think that it fx email has said its been looked at and fixed in the new batch then it should be fixed, provided that what is said is true.

We are talking about how to test new screens that we buy in order to have them available to us for if/when our original screens fail or break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just had to create an account to chime in as a voice of reason here, because there is some seriously toxic entitlement going on in this thread. I, as I'm sure pretty much everyone else who actu

Thanks for pointing out before the mass panic :). Corrected to January as it was meant.

Some pages ago during December I requested a refund for preorder, and decided to wait till FxTec could actually deliver. Everything has been processed in a friendly and timely manner :-). What I can a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, VaZso said:

It seems this is the mentioned light bleeding issue on Elephone:

If I will have to replace my screen, I may be able to live with this problem but I may also try to hide it while assembling it.

I don't feel it is a huge problem if we should choose between having a non-working Pro1 or a working one with some light coming out from a wrong place...

Do you got any other pictures? I'm a bit surprised if this is all bleeding, especially at the end (green arrow) it looks more like reflections, being quite far from the display area.

But at the sides (red arrow) it could be. Have tried to look for similar on mine, but found none. The screen protector I added (not unexpectedly) acts somewhat like a mate disc, and thus can 'light up' at the the edges, but that is the screen protector and not the screen.

Untitled.png.f4703717c8ec45e5205b1af282c83830.png

Here a few of how the screen-protector looks (bubbles and all)

R1091169_Crop.jpg

R1091165_Crop.jpg

R1091163_Crop.jpg

• Like 3

I would like to say that i no longer worry about when will my pro 1 will be shipped. its been too long and i dont see any point to ask because whatever reply i get from fx tec never turned out to be the case. i have been promised several times a date and it passed. i guess there are reasons and problems they are facing that has caused delay. after all fx tec is doing business and their best interest is to ship and sell. but i wish they could be more open about it.

and i dont see the point anymore to discuss it in this forum because its not helpful either.

i will just say i dont expect it anytime soon. i have supported them since Feb so i hope if fx value me as a supporting customer then they will hopefully send my order one day.

i also would like to mention that some people on this forum judge and criticize on personnel level. being a customer i was promised initially to get it by sep so i believe its a valid question to ask when is it shipping. though i do understand keep asking wont help but if fx gives the true picture instead of raising hopes weeks after weeks makes us anxious.

@silversolver the way you tell me i dont deserve this device or i dont support it, i would tell you that you are no one to judge or decide it. you dont own fx tec and you dont own this forum. so instead of jumping up and down you look after you own business. everyone has right to express in here.

when i made an offer of $2000 some people were wondering why and some seemed not happy. well its the cheapest phone of all the phones ive bought. few of them i bought are OQO-$3500, Imate jasjar-$1500, Nokia E7-$1300. and its fair to make an offer as its an open market. its not like i am stealing it, its if someone like the offer then thats how business is done. and why, because i needed it and when i pre ordered it i had no knowledge of igg backer or que thing so i just thought i will have it in july or later september.

and in here i would also mention @EskeRahn , though he is nice guy and he has done lots of things for this forum but i do not appreciate when he attacks on personnel level and tell me i should rather do charity then offering that much. you dont need to judge me and you dont know enough about me. i do charity or help others where needed but its my personnel matter. and saying that is not relevant comment.

Well i explained all that because i am a bit disappointed at this whole business. but i do understand fx is doing their best and people here are posting whatever they think or feel like.

so for now i am just going back to using my E7. i need to buy fee apps for it and make it more productive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
52 minutes ago, kashif said:

@silversolver the way you tell me i dont deserve this device or i dont support it, i would tell you that you are no one to judge or decide it. you dont own fx tec and you dont own this forum. so instead of jumping up and down you look after you own business. everyone has right to express in here.

Are you sure you're addressing the correct person? I don't remember saying anything even remotely like this.

EDIT: I agree that dissecting the emails and analyzing speculative theories doesn't really help anyone, but some of us find it entertaining.

Edited by silversolver
addendum
4 minutes ago, silversolver said:

Are you sure you're addressing the correct person? I don't remember saying anything even remotely like this.

EDIT: I agree that dissecting the emails and analyzing speculative theories doesn't really help anyone, but some of us find it entertaining.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, silversolver said:

Thank you! There's been enough complaining on that topic, and honestly, the OP resorted to casting aspersions in his second post too. I find it amusing that someone with such negative ideas about this whole thing would even wish to own a Pro1.....or is s/he just trying to negativize us so s/he can perhaps get a device from someone who becomes disillusioned with the device they received due to badmouthing? Not terribly likely to work in that case, for the reasons everyone has already stated.

@kashif Well, that's why.....I didn't say what you said I said, but apparently that was what you understood me to mean, which is not what I meant. The most peculiar part about that is that I wasn't even talking about you; "the OP" (original poster) was Gon009, and in the second post s/he said:

...Second batch wasn't even sent to warehouses and there's almost no chance to get phones before Christmas or maybe even before end of 2019. It seems that everyone gets the same time now, including me who was way behind every order because I wasn't IGG backer and my payment mail wasn't properly sent because of magical issues, so either Fxtec lies as usual or got hit so hard by refunds that I entered 2nd batch.

Still worth a try, for a phone with many software issues maybe someone would like to sell it now. It was already listed on ebay once for cheaper, maybe there are more people but want to avoid 10% fee. Phone is not worth more than 800 euros and anyone offering or demanding that much would be an idiot unless Fxtec goes out of business and nobody else gets their phones which is probable.

...which is definitely casting aspersions, and in that context I think you'll find my remarks make much more sense.

Ok i thought you are addressing me, it also added up when i asked you:

On 11/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, kashif said:

What kind of non sense are you talking?

what negative idea?

and your reply was:

buggy software, probably going out of business and nobody will get them.....lots of negativity for all.

well if you were not addressing me that i must got confused and in that case i would need to apologize to you.

also because EskeRyan quoted me and you quoted his quote for that post. it looked to me as you are addressing me

Edited by kashif
Adding
  • Like 1
On 11/29/2019 at 11:53 PM, anonim001 said:

Got my "stock assigned" mail today. Couldn't believe my eyes (order 12xxx, paid on 10.08 so quite a bit later than others), but it really came.

Hmm... strange. IGG, 8xxx, no stock assigned yet.

4 hours ago, kashif said:

i would think that it fx email has said its been looked at and fixed in the new batch then it should be fixed, provided that what is said is true.

They said "to resolve this, we have added in a couple of extra steps to the production process and have been looking into alternative methods to ensure this improves the overall ratio of yield". The "to resolve this" could just be them saying they've taken the steps they think would best solve the issue, it's not necessarily them saying they have fixed the issue. The "ensure this improves the overall ratio of yield" refers to something they're looking into, so not necessarily implemented yet.

In short, they F(x)tec didn't email that the issue has been looked at and fixed in the new batch.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

Do you got any other pictures? I'm a bit surprised if this is all bleeding, especially at the end (green arrow) it looks more like reflections, being quite far from the display area.

But at the sides (red arrow) it could be. Have tried to look for similar on mine, but found none. The screen protector I added (not unexpectedly) acts somewhat like a mate disc, and thus can 'light up' at the the edges, but that is the screen protector and not the screen.

Untitled.png.f4703717c8ec45e5205b1af282c83830.png

No, I have just searched a bit and found this photo because I didn't really know how does this light bleed looks like.

Theoretically, the curved part of the screen is the source of this problem if I understood well.
So, if that is true, then I also think the bottom part of the screen should not have much bleeding.

Also, I saw somewhere the light bleed in Pro1 is practically appears at the lower right corner if you hold it vertically where the keyboard can be opened, but I have not found too much information about it and not even a photo of this problem on Pro1 prototypes.

However, I still think if I have to replace the screen, this type of problem is not something which I can not live with.

(The other possible problems with replacement screens like green line or short-term working is a bigger problem and I also would like to know if that is related to how the replacement was done or the quality of replacement parts are questionable - for that, an option to order parts officially from F(x)tec later would be a really good thing...)

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, kashif said:

Ok i thought you are addressing me, it also added up when i asked you:

and your reply was:

well if you were not addressing me that i must got confused and in that case i would need to apologize to you.

also because EskeRyan quoted me and you quoted his quote for that post. it looked to me as you are addressing me

I was explaining my reasoning TO you, not ABOUT you. However, being confusing is sort of a specialty of mine, and in a forum where everyone rather shouts at once, well, being confusing is especially easy. :O

No apology needed; it was a simple misunderstanding. No harm done and no hard feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, VaZso said:

No, I have just searched a bit and found this photo because I didn't really know how does this light bleed looks like.

Theoretically, the curved part of the screen is the source of this problem if I understood well.
So, if that is true, then I also think the bottom part of the screen should not have much bleeding.

Also, I saw somewhere the light bleed in Pro1 is practically appears at the lower right corner if you hold it vertically where the keyboard can be opened, but I have not found too much information about it and not even a photo of this problem on Pro1 prototypes.

However, I still think if I have to replace the screen, this type of problem is not something which I can not live with.

(The other possible problems with replacement screens like green line or short-term working is a bigger problem and I also would like to know if that is related to how the replacement was done or the quality of replacement parts are questionable - for that, an option to order parts officially from F(x)tec later would be a really good thing...)

I just hope the Pro2 has a flat screen with a proper bezel like the Droid 3 (but not hexile, please....I never minded it, but others hated it) so this is all a non-issue. Curved screens are pandering to the type of people who don't buy this category of device anyway. It was IMO a poor choice, but it may have come down to what was quality and available at a reasonable cost and with good availability.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, silversolver said:

....but it may have come down to what was quality and available at a reasonable cost and with good availability.

Yup they stated that somewhere in the spring. They had considered both types, but in reality they found out they did not have a choice.

• Sad 2
2 hours ago, windraver said:

As a US order 1008X, I'm sad US customs is making life hard on us.

Just to check though... our phones weren't on that sunken ship right? Minus the fact its tragic some people died on the ship, our phones are hopefully on a different freight?

https://mustsharenews.com/taobao-ship-sinks/

I'm almost certain that they stated that they are send by air. Ships are way too slow. I guess they might change to ships when they got enough stock in their warehouses, to save some money.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, EskeRahn said:

I'm almost certain that they stated that they are send by air. Ships are way too slow. I guess they might change to ships when they got enough stock in their warehouses, to save some money.

China to Hong Kong could be by ground also. One can reasonably drive a truck/lorry from the major industrial centers in China to Hong Kong.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, FlyingAntero said:

Are there any European customers who got the stock assigned email from the second batch last Friday? Couple guys mentioned that they are from US but I have not seen anyone mentioning EU. Just wondering if European pre-orders are included?

They better be, otherwise it would feel like they send to whomever they like. If someone who paid on 8th of October got assigned a stock, I would assume all IGG backers + everyone else who paid prior to October 8th would get an email early next week, otherwise might as well contact support. Maybe they are splitting batch equally, and if there are less people in US who pre-ordered than EU it would make sense for them to be ahead, but not by a lot.

Edited by theo.hallenius
49 minutes ago, theo.hallenius said:

If someone who paid on 8th of October got assigned a stock

I think you're talking about anonim001, who said 10.08, which would be the tenth of August in certain notations like in the EU. They also say "paid after a few days", so October is unlikely. And considering some of the terms they use, like €, I think it's highly likely they're from the EU. So that answers that there were EU pre-orders included.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, windraver said:

Just to check though... our phones weren't on that sunken ship right? Minus the fact its tragic some people died on the ship, our phones are hopefully on a different freight?

https://mustsharenews.com/taobao-ship-sinks/

As I understand it, batches 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 were on the ship.  However, the phones which float back up to the surface will be returned to Hong Kong for redistribution via alternate means.

Although this will considerably delay the phones getting to you, there's nothing to worry about because they are still on track for Christmas delivery.

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉

Sorry I couldn't resist. 😈

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
2 hours ago, FlyingAntero said:

Are there any European customers who got the stock assigned email from the second batch last Friday? Couple guys mentioned that they are from US but I have not seen anyone mentioning EU. Just wondering if European pre-orders are included?

Order #6164 here from The Netherlands. Payed 5 minutes after receiving the email (July 31, 2019) and received a confirmation on July 31, 15:19. No email about stock assigned so far, my order is still on processing 😞.

[edit]

Just decided to send out an email to support for an update on my order. Lets see if I can get any information from there

[/edit]

Edited by Bloodhoundje
  • Like 1