Official firmware

Is there a way to download the latest certified official firmware and flash it to my phone without loosing my data, if possible?
I'm stuck on a firmware with a broken certification because of botched OTA.

All I could find is the following but the image is from 2019 so I'm assuming there are some more recent ones:

If I simply do a factory reset from the settings will I need the reapply each incremental OTA or will I still be stuck on my uncertified OTA?

Edited by Slion
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, some very good news on twitter, finally looks like some software fixes coming: https://twitter.com/chenliangchen/status/1280900929273958402 I'm hoping that whatsapp thing means the

An update has been delivered to my device!

Posted Images

I have always assumed (but I might be wrong) that the factroy reset in settings simply wipes userdata and reflashes whatever version is currently exits.  I've never done a factory reset from settings to know if any of this is true.  If I'm right, you would have the same version you have now with all updates.

If you "factory reset" using the 2019 factory images Chen provided, then, yes, you will have to take all the factory updates to get to the latest version.  The good news is, you won't be stuck on the broken update anymore if you took that one before.  🙂

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, DieBruine said:

Just received an OTA April 5th 202000620-2238. Installed it, reboot, no more working fingerprints again pfffff.

Fingerprint reader is not working anymore? Don't you just need to retrain it?

Interestingly that OTA is showing on mine too, hopefully that should fix the Google Play Store certification.
Too bad my touch screen is not working properly anymore 😁 

Can somebody confirm whether fingerprint reader is still usable after that OTA?

Edited by Slion

My Pro1 also displays this new firmware (I am currently on the update which was available for a short time and had safetynet lost, so it may be the more complicated part of the upgrade arriving).

It wants to download 265MB of data and has 20200620223710 in its name.

I will install it later (maybe late afternoon / early evening).

Edit: Security patch is 2020 April

Edited by VaZso
  • Like 2

Just installed it and it looks like the certification issue is fixed cause I can now download disney+ 😁

It did not fix my touch screen issues, unsurprisingly...

Edited by Slion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@VaZso

I got it too, installed it but I am not impressed. The audio crackling is still not fixed in games even though Lineage had it sorted AGES ago. I wish they could cross update or send each other bugfixes or whatever because it's pretty annoying...

A change log would be nice too.

But at least they finally got this one certified so it's getting pushed out now......

Edited by Tsunero
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Tsunero said:

@VaZso

I got it too, installed it but I am not impressed. The audio crackling is still not fixed in games even though Lineage had it sorted AGES ago. I wish they could cross update or send each other bugfixes or whatever because it's pretty annyoing...

A change log would be nice too.

But at least they finally got this one certified so it's getting pushed out now......

Maybe the most important part was the security update itself but I hope they will also work on bugfixes.

• Like 1

On the bright side, as far as my understanding goes, the crackling can be patched without having Google to certify the new version (only needs to happen for security patch levels). So let's hope they can get to that now. Long overdue anyways, considering how often they put gaming into the spotlight on the Twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just ran the update.... was stuck on the Pro 1 screen for a bit but turned over eventually.

So far I see:

- Qualcomm Camera button bugs are all still there (no preview when launched with camera button, brings you to the home screen when you try to select a camera mode)

- Widevine still only L3

- ESC key still doesn't work and brings you to the home screen

- Audio still goes snap crackle pop

Yeah, I don't think this fixed anything aside from the security update. Probably only pushed to fix the "userdebug9".

Edited by ToniCipriani
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

Yeah, I don't think this fixed anything aside from the security update.

I think there was a fix in the update which broke safetynet then was reverted, so it should be included in this release.

If I recall well it was an improvement in keyboard driver which allows of pressing more buttons at once.

4 minutes ago, VaZso said:

I think there was a fix in the update which broke safetynet then was reverted, so it should be included in this release.

If I recall well it was an improvement in keyboard driver which allows of pressing more buttons at once.

Was on 0306, don't think I've ever had that issue, Play Store always have said Certified.

3 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

Was on 0306, don't think I've ever had that issue, Play Store always have said Certified.

Very few early adopters had it, including myself. Once we reported the issue they withdraw that OTA. Unfortunately that meant we got stuck with broken cert for months. No Disney+ 😱😁 Since I'm a lucky guy my touch screen started malfunctioning a couple of days before they eventually fix it 🤣

Edited by Slion
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, ToniCipriani said:

As @Slion mentioned most were on 0306 and did NOT have the issue. A few had 0304, and we did have problems. And a few had an early 0411 version of the April security update delivered with new phones. We are yet to hear if they automatically update correctly to the new 0620 version, or they would need to flash an older.

• Like 1

Seems very disappointing reading this

Can anyone confirm *ANYTHING* at all was fixed in this (besides upstream security update that doesn't actually affect most people.) .

Very very very very disappointed.  I don't get why they're taking so long to fix the software.  Give one guy a week and $1000 and they could fix 90% of the problems, and lineage source is open so all those fixes are easy to copy.  

• Like 1

It is pretty common that OEMs deliver only security updates every now and then. However, it would have been nice If there was other fixes as well since the problems are identiefied (and even fixed by community) earlier. Even so, I am happy that there is a new security update available and SafetyNet is finally working again.

• Like 2